Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Terrain and Buildings for Rogue Stars?  (Read 3877 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Terrain and Buildings for Rogue Stars?
« on: December 31, 2016, 06:02:03 PM »
What terrain ideas/plans do you have for Rogue Star games?
Clean SciFi (Infinity style), Dying Civilisation (Bladerunner), Desert Planet or something Post Apoc?

Gabbi

Re: Terrain and Buildings for Rogue Stars?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:19:11 PM »
Played today our first game and used the foldable Infinity terrain from Corvus Belly (the one you found in big boxes or sold stand alone). It's quite handy if you have to move to another place to play.

Offline admiraldick

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 08:45:20 AM »
Having read the rules I'm seriously considering some heavy industrial alien battery farm. A sort of cross between a dairy and a chicken battery farm. I'd need to find a whole bunch of models to be animals. Was thinking of Star Wars or D&D minis perhaps.

It would use Wargames Tournament stuff as its basis, so I could switch the details and make it into almost any of the other settings.

Offline agent_pumpkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 09:28:36 AM »
One idea I've had is for a ruined settlement. Possibly using the nice Sarissa mdf models.

http://www.sarissa-precision.com/Ruined_Sci_Fi_Settlement_Bundle_1/p1603368_16702816.aspx

I have the option of using a quarry or plain with alien plant life (using brightly coloured plastic aquarium plants) that I have used for 7TV. It looks just like a BBC set. ;)

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 09:46:45 AM »
As I'm heading into 2017 trying to be frugal about my hobby I'll be reusing existing stuff I own.  For more urban terrain I'll be using some of the plethora of Mantic Deadzone terrain I own with stuff I picked up for Dredd, I've got some Sarissa habitation pods for more temporary planetside camps (I'm thinking that enclaves you come across in the computer game No man's Sky)  maybe even a wild west town for a Firefly vibe. And of course Space Hulk tiles for inside spaceships

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »
I already have four sci fi boards for Tomorrow's War and Infinity that I'll use - city, slum, industrial park, alien desert. Probably add in another alien terrain collection and we are talking about a ship corridor and room collection.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 07:51:36 PM »
I'm currently in the process of making sci-fi terrain/scenery that I will be using for Rogue Stars as well. Idea is to make dozen or so terrain tiles that will form 1000mm x 1000mm board when finished. It's then easy to change the set-up by changing the order of tiles etc etc.

You can follow my progress (so far 1st tile 98% finished) on the sci-fi section of LAF ;)

Offline Parkaboy

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:00:26 AM »
I'm currently in the process of making sci-fi terrain/scenery that I will be using for Rogue Stars as well. Idea is to make dozen or so terrain tiles that will form 1000mm x 1000mm board when finished. It's then easy to change the set-up by changing the order of tiles etc etc.

You can follow my progress (so far 1st tile 98% finished) on the sci-fi section of LAF ;)

I couldn't find it. Link?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline Jiron

• Librarian
    • WASP Club Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »
I'll mostly play in the gaming stores so I will probably use Infinity, W40K or desert planets. I also have some nice jungle terrain. I also consider buying some western style buildings to make it a little Firefly :-)
http://wargamingasp.blogspot.cz/ - Not entirely serious gaming blog

Offline agent_pumpkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »
I've got a bit of fantasy/medieval stuff for Frostgrave and Lion Rampant. I can use that for dead alien worlds or primitive backwaters....

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »
I'm currently building some of the Ebbles Miniatures Module Core (free here) terrain to use for spaceship layout. It's the one major gap in my sci-fi terrain.

Gabbi

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »
I'm currently building some of the Ebbles Miniatures [...]

Great models, used a few in my iNfinity games. I find the landing platform (here) particularly good for gaming purposes: it provides cover, a ramp, elevated terrain... just be sure to mount the upper platform on thick cardboard or foamcore for added strenght.

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 02:00:47 PM »
The locals are seriously into Infinity, so we'll likely be using those setups. They're firm believers in the "AAAAHHH COVER COVER COVER" kind of setups, so they tend to be rather massively cluttered with everything they can manage to squeeze on the table. I'm working on a modern city with more futuristic elements to look more cyberpunk, but that's a ways out yet. Also keeping my eyes open for decent palm leaf type things so I can finally finish the jungle stuff I've had hanging around since the days of VOR. Hoping I can convince someone locally that they *really* want to start a corridor/spaceship setup because wouldn't that be great for all of these sci-fi games.