Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Live [Kickstarter] for Wreck Age VEHICLES + Free Beta 2E Quick Start Rules  (Read 8886 times)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
How about armor and weapon kits to customize existing vehicles?
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
How about armor and weapon kits to customize existing vehicles?

If we get enough pledges, those are included in the plan. Stretch goals cover 3 add-ons for the car chassis, and 3 add-ons for the truck chassis.
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Why 1/43 if this will be vehicles that will be designed and made?

Like the idea first weapons and armor for existing cars and the like.
Though, for this size they are easily made yourself. Surprising what you can do with an old discarded pen and a For Sale sign with a sharp blade.

Grimm

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Why 1/43 if this will be vehicles that will be designed and made?

Like the idea first weapons and armor for existing cars and the like.
Though, for this size they are easily made yourself. Surprising what you can do with an old discarded pen and a For Sale sign with a sharp blade.

Grimm

I'm not clear on what your question is Grimm.

We're making cars and accessories for the game that we've spent 5 or 6 years of our life designing, playing, and working on.

Not sure why there would be any harm in that!

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya

OMG!!!  lol lol lol lol lol
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline SerialMoM

• Scientist
  • War never changes
I never received my full pledge in the first kickstarter (no book, no promised stretch goals and even the limited security guard was missing). After many emails I received some parts and ended with half a game without rule book and had  a very unpleasant customer experience.

I just say thank you no way I give you another cent of my money.
Please help me with my Fallout rules, picture heavy!!
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=47609.0

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
I never received my full pledge in the first kickstarter (no book, no promised stretch goals and even the limited security guard was missing). After many emails I received some parts and ended with half a game without rule book and had  a very unpleasant customer experience.

I thought we resolved this issue after refunding your pledge?

We refunded your money after sending you 3 packages (the original, and 2 replacements). We lost hundreds of dollars on your pledge. For a small company, that's a beating. Sorry you were unhappy, but we took care you the best we could, and there's nothing else we could have done.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
By contrast - I have ordered hundreds of dollars of product from Hyacinth and not only did they ship very quickly, they even threw in some free stuff.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya

There are some threads in other forums from customers telling the same bad experience with them... From what I've seem, not a serious company and a sad loss for the hobby as a whole. As a very wise post-apoc lady used to sing: "We don't need another wanna-be heroes!"  ;)

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
not a serious company
lolno

Sucks that SerialMoM didn't get his (her?) backer rewards but Hyacinth sent replacements twice plus refunded the pledge ... so in effect SerialMoM ended ip with free stuff. Seems to me like those are pretty serious attempts to do right by their customers ... which is what a serious company would do.

So why would I just believe Hyacinth? Well, like I said, I have done business with them myself and they were total professionals.

Offline msears

• Bookworm
I am really disappointed in the direction that Hyacinth have taken Wreck Age with Shangri LA and the later releases.

It was a superb "low tech" character based apoc setting with real personality and a distinct flavour. But has lost that in favour of following the mass of other apocalyptic games into Mad Max style vehicles, Power Armour and big guns.

:-[

Hey Rob, hope you been well man. So you think we went too high tech? We kinda always had lasers. Would be happy to start up our old email conversations if you had some ideas for the sandbox.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Hi Matt, yeah, I think you lost something in the setting moving away from a limited tech, animal powered, distant apocalypse world to a gasoline rich "Fury Road" asthetic.

I guess where you are now could be a Post Exodus pre Dark Age version of the WA world hence the prevalence of vehicles and tech, but I really liked the 4th generation post Dark Age world of the original.
Something unique about resurgence clans with limited equipment fighting over a few cattle, boars or horses that made the WA experience different from all the other High Octane Post Apoc games that are around. The fact that there were no vehicles in WA is what so appealed to me at the beginning.

But hey, it is your game, I am really glad to see it moving forward again and pulling in new players. Now if you could just get a damned European distributor sorted out so that those of us over here can actually buy stuff it would be great. I still need some of the Church of Fun guys and the rules for them (I have some proxy GW Flagellant conversions on the go somewhere around here to finish up).

..........From what I've seem, not a serious company............

I have to disagree totally with this comment, My experience has been exactly the opposite.
Yes, there were problems with production and distribution of Wreck Age pieces (particularly outside USA) after the first KS but I have always found the guys at Hyacinth to be approachable, honest and trying really hard to sort out the problems that have come up.
I think they take what they do seriously and very much care about the gamers who support them. No complaints from me about the many orders I have had from them.

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
I really have to chime in, in defense of Hyacinth. My buddies and I have had nothing but phenomenal experiences dealing with them, and they recognize us each year as the crazy Torontonians that booted all the way down to Adepticon to say hello...

I've dealt in person, and online with their webshop, and nothing but top notch things to say...

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
Oh man - I heartily second the request for Church of Fun miniatures.

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
I got the last box of Church of Fun models from Noble Knight.  Word on the street is you can email Hyacinth and request them.