Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AKULA's 1/35 Zombie Project pg3 more zombies....  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: AKULA's 1/35 Zombie Project
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 01:15:47 PM »
I can see the visual interest being different with the larger scale perhaps offering more scope for detailing, etc. There's certainly no harm in trying something new.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: AKULA's 1/35 Zombie Project
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 01:27:06 PM »
Never, ever going that lane, unless scale creep eventually gets everyone there, but I look forward to seeing what can be done.  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: AKULA's 1/35 Zombie Project pg2 more zombies....
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 03:29:21 PM »
A couple more boxes of MB plastics....the yellow limbs are from my bits box, probably modern US/Russian military.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »
You Akky are a nutter..... in the best possible way lol I thought you would be heart sick of zeds by now :)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 06:52:15 PM »
I cut my modelling teeth on 1/35 World War Two models, so I've always had a soft spot for that scale.

I think it would be fun to give it a go, and at that scale, things might become more 'intimate'.  Clearing a scaled floor or room of an apartment may become more intense.  Especially if each zed becomes more of a solitary threat.

I like it. 

I had no idea there were so many zombies done in that scale!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »
You Akky are a nutter..... in the best possible way lol I thought you would be heart sick of zeds by now :)

Thank you mate.  :)

TBH, I've had a long time off of painting Zeds, but the 1:1 scale zombie in my games room means I can't forget them entirely  :D

I think it would be fun to give it a go, and at that scale, things might become more 'intimate'.  Clearing a scaled floor or room of an apartment may become more intense.  Especially if each zed becomes more of a solitary threat.

I like it. 

I had no idea there were so many zombies done in that scale!

Intimate is a good way of putting it.... my fastplay rules involved v.simple melee rules, the next incarnation will be about the dead chap trying to rip the throat out of your player character with his rotting teeth .....   ;)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »
It's a great looking project, I look forward to your updated rules.

Offline pinstrpepete

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 02:06:21 PM »
I've been debating for months now whether to start collecting in this scale, especially with the kitbashing potential. I'm looking forward to seeing this unfold.

Out of interest, what will you be doing about scenery/terrain? That's what has held me back. Any cheap sources out there?

Offline Not yet dead

• Librarian
    • Not Yet Dead Miniatures - Surviving the Zompoc in miniature
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
Really nice stuff up to now Akula! 1/35 scale is the way to go...Have you thought about the "Construction stuff" from Mcfarlene, this is in 1/35 scale.

Iīve been gaming and modelling in this scale for about 4 years now! It is all about eye candy at this size and easier to move the few minis that you need on the board.

No, you donīt need a tennis court to play on, I do it on my dining room table, more than enough space for about 70-90 zeds fighting against 7-10 survivors and the terrian is quite easy to build as well. I use foam board with printed out stuff from the internet. The kitbashing potential in 1/35 is huge, with so much resin and plastic figures/kits available.

You can even make yourself as a survivor in this scale, which looks really cool.

Not Yet Dead Miniatures - Surviving the Zompoc in miniature... http://www.nyd-miniatures.com

Offline pinstrpepete

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
Completely agree, the options out there are incredible (have Paracel been mentioned yet, they also have some great stuff). In fact I think I spoke with you about rules Not Yet Dead a while back (assuming you are the NYD from the great miniatures company).

Do you have sites you could reference for downloading terrain bits?

I suppose my main hurdle is finding an opponent. Is difficult enough in 28mm....

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
I'm sure Akula plans to do both sides. The Mcfarlane suggestion is a good one. Despite having some of their 1/35 game of thrones figures, I hadnt thought about their walking dead range. Might have some useful bits for my 1/35 Weird War II project too.

Offline Not yet dead

• Librarian
    • Not Yet Dead Miniatures - Surviving the Zompoc in miniature
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 10:52:16 AM »
@ Pinstrpepete - yes that is me!! and thanks for the compliment :-)

For terrain, what I did was go to google and the key words are "building textures", "brick textures", "wood textures" download the images and in photoshop make your walls in the size you want, you can then cut out windows, graffiti, bill boards or any image and create really great houses.

I then cut them out and glue them to the foam board, cutting out the windows, doors etc. Doors should be about 70mm high (1/35 scale being 50mm to eye level) this is about right. The squares on my boards (for movement and ranges) are 40x40mm, which is a good base size for the minis. My boards are 80x80cm so 20 squares per row = 400 squares per board, more than enough for houses, roads etc. and still have room for the zombie horde.

@ White knight - you donīt really need an opponent, in the solo game rules that I have made the game controls the zombies, because being a zombie gamer can be a bit boring sometimes, let the noise and event cards control them.

I am looking forward to what rules Akula will come up with for this scale.

Offline pinstrpepete

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »
Wow, that looks fantastic. Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but how did you do the squares?

Do you have solo rules for human npc's or do you just game against z's?

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »
Out of interest, what will you be doing about scenery/terrain? That's what has held me back. Any cheap sources out there?

I plan on building from foamboard mainly. It's easy to cut, can be pinned, and when mounted on a base is sturdy and light....and v.cheap.  You can build to whatever standard your skills and time permits, but it's easy to make the shell of a building if you want, and add interior detail as NYD mentioned, when time permits.  My own plan is to use the larger terrain scale as an opportunity to add a bit more character to the scenery, as well as the figures.....it becomes more important what is in the room, when you are having to pile stuff against the door...  :D

I suppose my main hurdle is finding an opponent. Is difficult enough in 28mm....

In terms of collecting figures, you only need a handful for either side.  In terms of opponents for a game, my original zombie rules....Total AR:SE....allow for solo play, as all of the zombies are controlled by a combination of card movement, and sight/sound/smell ranges.  The new rules will have the same feature.

Really nice stuff up to now Akula! 1/35 scale is the way to go...Have you thought about the "Construction stuff" from Mcfarlene, this is in 1/35 scale.

Cheers mate - good shout on the McFarlane stuff

:)

Do you have solo rules for human npc's or do you just game against z's?

My old game had solo rules for Zeds only, the new version will have rules for NPC humans as well.....

;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:20:07 PM by AKULA »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »
Some building fronts would probably work well at the larger scale too. They'd make a good backdrop to a game without taking up too much space.