Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:33:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 87104 times)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Sigur in Space! - Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Infinity, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2021, 04:06:46 PM »

Heyhey, happy weekend!
Here's another shot of the Dire Avengers. Not 100% finished, but getting there.

Hope you like them!

Offline batu

• Scientist
    • My Stuff:
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2021, 09:26:55 PM »
Fantastic work as usually Sigur. The newish plastic Banshees are great models.

Online Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2021, 10:48:59 PM »
Wow, that’s really smooth painting on the armour! The figures look amazing!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #333 on: February 21, 2021, 05:52:44 PM »
stunning work :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
the bases on the banshee are great

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2021, 02:39:26 PM »
@batu: Cheers! Yup, they are. Because GW didn't bloody mess with the designs! ;) Which have been pretty much perfect for the past 30 years.

@Pattus Magnus: Thank you!

@gamer Mac: Thanks, much appreciated! Yeah, well, the bases are the same on all of these guys. :D

@Gitsplitta: Cheers! :) I'm a-okay with the open helmet. I'm grateful for any proper face in a GW army. I like faces. It makes things relateable. I do get your point though.

Hello. :) In terms of Eldar, I'm currently working on the Reapers and Warp Spiders.

Then something else came up!

full size image: https://i.imgur.com/LX1zi3D.jpg
(they're still rather WIP)

It's a Van Saar gang! I got to build these ones as well, and the gentleman I do these for supplied me with all FW add-on blisters to these models. (so I built the Heavy carrying a Plasma Cannon of course ;) Because if you can, you gotta have that plasma cannon Van Saar, if only to brag with that fact.)
On top of that, there's the plastic box itself. Back from the release I remembered how packed these sprues are with bits. When I got these out of the box I was reminded of that: there's a billion bits on these sprues. Really impressive. I also like the building methods on that kit.

What actually made me like these figures though is that they aren't all that oversized! Pretty much (large-ish) 28mm figures. As it should be. Very nice. That means that they can be used along with other ranges other than new-GW's limited worlds. Cool, cool. This brings me to the next thing: Once the blue basecoat was on their armour I realized that these figures actually would work very well for generic Space Marines or heavily armoured sci-fi soldiers. If you want you can swap the heads; just leave off the tubes on the shoulders if you wanna use larger helmets. Also feel free to leave off the extra shoulder armour. I think that there's quite a lot of potential there, even if you don't play Necromunda. 10 dudes for €36,00 or so. Not bad.

Well, and then I got a bit sick, preventing me from getting any proper painting done at all. So I decided to build a house.

full size image: https://i.imgur.com/FVK7Pdv.jpg

Turns out I'm a bit crap at that, so it turned out half-ruined. That's why the big plastic lady is looking so angry.

Well, that's it for the updates so far. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! See you soon!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2021, 02:54:47 PM »
Hey guys. :)

Quick update, here's the Dark Reapers:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_03/khaindarschrift.jpg.638d7c7aff29fce23f5adc793897496e.jpg

Very, very good designs. I prefer the original helmets (as on the Exarchs), but the skulls are OK too. :)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2021, 03:10:25 PM »
So are they all armed with missile launchers?
Do you get different build options?

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2021, 03:33:28 PM »
So are they all armed with missile launchers?
Do you get different build options?

Yeah, that's kinda (or Khaindar? Ha! Because that's their German version name.) their thing. Eldar got their warriors organized in various 'paths' or aspects, each one got their own fighting style and weapons, and those here like to wear thick armour, sit back and shoot missiles. Seems like Exarchs get a choice of either the "twin rocket gun" or the "sometimes a gun is just a gun" variant.

I didn't build those, but as far as I know these are the Finecast variants (GW's get-by between moving from glorious metal to boring plastic, but they didn't wanna go with proper resin because they distrust their customers ability not to eat the figures). Not sure these particular versions even were released in metal before that. Either way - no posability, just minor variants in pose and extra dangly bits on their backs.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2021, 11:37:20 PM »
I Have the metal ones somewhere all missiles just thought maybe the new ones where different?

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »
I Have the metal ones somewhere all missiles just thought maybe the new ones where different?

Thank god GW are smart enough not to mess with Eldar designs (too much), for they were pretty much perfect from day one. Just like Space Marines. Still, they went ahead and messed with those of all things. :D

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2021, 12:18:13 PM »
Heyhey, happy wednesday!

Here's the Fire Dragons:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_03/firedragons1schrift.jpg.54c33172f2250cf15ead4fbd7f73d895.jpg

Lovely figures, timelessly strong designs. Also: fiery orange, which is a colour I don't paint often over larger surfaces. Really enjoyable. Hope you like them too!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2021, 10:40:22 AM »
Neat paint job and colors of blinding brightness! Awesome!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2021, 11:59:36 PM »
yellow is great :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #343 on: March 14, 2021, 08:58:32 PM »
@DintheDin: Thanks very much! :)

@gamer Mac: Cheers!

Yeah, the Firedragons got some good echo online. GW contacted me, they wanted to feature them on their Community Spotlight stream the past week.

Right, here's some more shots of the Van Saars:

...as I wrestle with 9 shining spears. Man, those finecast figures. Anyway, things are proceeding, and they bloody well should, because I'm on a seriously tight schedule. Anyway, hope you like the Van Saar pictures and that you have a nice Sunday evening!

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #344 on: March 15, 2021, 04:52:56 AM »
The Van Saar look fantastic in blue!

Love the Fire Dragons as well.  I hardly ever play my Eldar but I love the models.  Thankfully, I got all the Aspect Warriors in Pewter before they changed to finecast.

The finecast is even worse in Australia.  All the imperfections and then add even more warping from the Australian heat  :'(

I’m hoping the keep releasing plastic kits for the Aspect Warriors, especially the Phoenix Lords!

'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander