Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690924
  • Total Topics: 118358
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 594
Total: 599

Recent

Author Topic: New Perry Colonial Range?  (Read 17278 times)

Offline thejammedgatling

• Mad Scientist
Re: New Perry Colonial Range?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 11:39:15 AM »
I'm not that interested in Crimea, but if they'll do Crimea Brits in plastic I might be tempted to get some and use them for Garnet Wolseleys invasion of New England in 1862 that saved the confederation and forced Lincoln to sue for peace in 1864.

A fascinating counter-factual scenario...  :)

Well...if the Fenians had got general support in their cross border attacks on Canada earlier on in the ACW then maybe...just maybe...

I have seen no mention of it being specifically colonial although I hope it is and the other conjecture was that it was plastic - wishfull thinking on behalf of the poster?

Absolutely! However, this did seem to be the direction the thread was running in on TMP. Although Crimea is not colonial in the truest sense, a full range in this period would give everyone on this section of the forum some good base troops for many early colonial campaigns (Maori Wars etc). If it is Mutiny then I'd also be very happy. However, as their post said 'a new range' and not an extension of the existing then it may not be the Chinese? Though, as I collect Samurai also, bring it on!

In any case, it would be great for someone to get some shots of the gubbins on the Perry stand (as I have never been to a show to see it) on Saturday. Cheers! ;)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
Oddly enough I had heard Old Glory might be tackling the Crimea soonish. It seems to be one of the few larger conflicts they haven't hit on yet.

you people hoping for Indian Mutiny are an evil lot. I already told you I don't have time to start another new period and there is no way I will pass my discipline check if the perrys start producing them! o_o

Offline pcohn

• Assistant
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »
[quote author=carlos marighela
 I was under the impression that the Perries had some sort of deal here they don't replicate their work for foundry. You'll notice that they haven't sculpted early AWI troops which were in the exisiting Foundry range.
[/quote]

The Perrys made Napoleonics, ECW and 100 Years War figures for Wargames Foundry and have their own 1815 Napoleonics, English Civil War, and Agincourt to Orleans ranges. This leads me to doubt that any agreement exists. 

I'm looking forward to any new range by the Perrys and hope someone going to Salute lets the rest of us know what it is. :)
Pat

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 02:47:09 PM »

They also do ACW both for Foundry and for Perry’s Miniatures…
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »
I'm hoping for either NW Frontier or Boer War.  Either way, I need highlanders with Lee-Metfords!
-Tommy

Offline Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »
Foundary at present have Boer war/NW frontier Highlanders with Lee-Metfords on there site

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 04:02:42 AM »
True enough gents, rather scotches my theory. Still think the Crimea is a money loser and it's a pain too because the uniforms are specific to a fairly short time span and aren't really useful for much else, unless you fancy the 1858 Persian E.xpedition
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 08:18:20 AM »
The anticipation is becoming unbearable lol Still we will know soon enough, only 24 hours to go... ;)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
I'll sit here and wait eagerly for the first of our correspondents to make it home and post any news. We could make it a sort of unofficial LAF competition. No prizes - just bragging rights  lol

Hopefully Dave Thomas will have some painted figures from the new range on his stand at Triples next weekend.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »
I'll just sit here and wait with popcorn and coke awaiting the news!  lol
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 08:49:57 PM »

I'll sit here and wait eagerly for the first of our correspondents to make it home and post any news. We could make it a sort of unofficial LAF competition. No prizes - just bragging rights  lol

In that case I shall take my Crackberry mobile telecommunications devicelet with me, and post the news direct from the Perry stand shortly after 10 a.m.  ;)

(If I can be *rsed, that is  lol)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »

In that case I shall take my Crackberry mobile telecommunications devicelet with me, and post the news direct from the Perry stand shortly after 10 a.m.  ;)

(If I can be *rsed, that is  lol)

I won't hold my breath ....  ;)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »
Okay, so this is your roving LAF correspondent, live from the Perry stand at Excel London..
And I can reveal the new mystery range is...
WARS OF THE ROSES

And very nice they look too :)

Funny old world, innit?

Sorry you colonial fans... ;)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
Oh! and some deep sighing..................
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline thejammedgatling

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2009, 10:55:44 AM »
Okay, so this is your roving LAF correspondent, live from the Perry stand at Excel London..
And I can reveal the new mystery range is...
WARS OF THE ROSES

And very nice they look too :)

Funny old world, innit?

Sorry you colonial fans... ;)

As King Richard stood at Salute amidst the carnage surrounding him he did quoth:

"A horse...a horse.... my kingdom for a horse!  Or I'll do a trade on e-bay for a new Perry colonial range..."

Oh well. No-one saw that coming. Still, looking on the bright side it gives many of us the painting time we need to finish the hundreds we still have on the lead mountain. Maybe we just dodged a bullet.. lol