Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:56:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690909
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Separate Child board for Ghost Archipelago?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline kuba

• Bookworm
Separate Child board for Ghost Archipelago?
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:46:55 AM »
Just asking -will there be a separate child board for Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago? The game is similar to Frostgrave but there are few differences and it could possibly cause difficulties with topics about rules or resources. Also I think the audiences of both games would not certainly be the same people -if I remember correctly some already stated here that they like regular FG but they're not interested in GA.

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
Re: Separate Child board for Ghost Archipelago?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:34:43 PM »
+1 (though I will follow both).
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline philhendry

• Scientist
    • My Wargaming Website
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 11:32:57 PM »
I'm not interested in the original game, but really keen on F:GA. I'd be happy if the two were separated, so it's easier to follow.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:17:49 AM »
Given that child boards on this forum are fairly rare and there is only so much activity for either game system, I'd be happy if they were just one and the same (but then, I'm interested in both games anyway). Certainly a good idea to get a completely seperate thread for the rules questions to avoid confusion though.
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »
I'm not interested in the original game, but really keen on F:GA. I'd be happy if the two were separated, so it's easier to follow.
Opposite way 'round for me, but the result is the same - separate board please :)

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 01:43:40 PM »
 8) tis cool all here fer me.  GA isn't too hard to type... :D

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
I wouldn't mind a separate board. I suspect GA has longer legs than the original.
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

Offline Ozreth

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 03:15:10 PM »
I've just started playing FG, but once I've gone through most of the material I plan on trying out GA as well. As far as I can tell, they are extremely similar, so I don't see why we couldn't have them on the same board with tags for each?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 03:22:14 PM »
Seems unwarranted to me. Rampant board proliferation is a nasty disease that some forums struggle to recover from, you know.

GA is a product in the Frostgrave line. It even has that word in its title. Why is an extra board needed? I have no real rational objection in this case (though I can't see a good reason for it either), I simply don't like the precedent it would set. I don't want LAF to become a place that has a million sub-forums for every damn little thing. It is purely a matter of taste, but that is my taste.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Ozreth

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 04:03:50 PM »
Seems unwarranted to me. Rampant board proliferation is a nasty disease that some forums struggle to recover from, you know.

GA is a product in the Frostgrave line. It even has that word in its title. Why is an extra board needed? I have no real rational objection in this case (though I can't see a good reason for it either), I simply don't like the precedent it would set. I don't want LAF to become a place that has a million sub-forums for every damn little thing. It is purely a matter of taste, but that is my taste.

I can appreciate this.

Offline Roger

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »
At this stage I dont think its really needed, Frostgrave still has a lot of legs and with the new game just getting started .
I think wait for a while and see how it works.
There is still a lot similarities to make scenarios workable for both games , and it would be a shame to miss a good idea for the other game.
Roger
You know its a good day when, you wake up and your elbows dont hit wood :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »

+1

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 06:50:55 PM »

Yes. This. This exactly.

Offline giles the zog

• Scientist
    • The Lost City of Carcosa
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 07:44:10 PM »
Providing people clearly mark their topic subjects, I see no need for another board.
As others have said, proliferation in a niche hobby of a niche gaming system leads to fragmentation.
Wandering stars, for whom is reserved, the blackness, the darkness forever.

https://thelostcityofcarcosa.com

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 12:05:46 AM »
No need for another board, I think. The systems are very similar, so much so that it is basically a setting switch. Keep em together!