Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689773
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: 19/02 Chaos Dwarfs)  (Read 39387 times)

Offline boneio

• Scientist
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: The Pleasure Knight)
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2023, 04:19:09 PM »
Where can one purchase that... snake demon knight?  ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #241 on: January 26, 2023, 05:53:49 PM »
Wow - great figure and great paintwork!

How could one resist the tempting call of slaanesh ;) Love what you did with that model!

Thank you, guys! Yeah, how can anyone skip a party with the great Lord:Lady of sex, drugs & violence? S*he is just a fun guy, really!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 05:56:34 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2023, 05:58:29 PM »
Where can one purchase that... snake demon knight?  ;)

I bought mine at a printshop called Excellent Miniatures and asked to print him in 15mm scale. Afaik the creator has also a Patreon called Varus Miniatures. Hope that helps.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Slime Demon)
« Reply #243 on: January 26, 2023, 06:00:04 PM »
This is a pretty crazy sculpt. I actually have no idea where I got it from. 🤔I suspect it was part of one of the Oldhammer kickstarters I backed…maybe from Old School Models (OSM)?

Anyway, when I looked at the model, I liked two things: slime and the pose looking downwards - the „thing“ is certainly aiming a bit low for most 28-32mm models in my collection, but it’s perfect for 15mm scale! I’ll field it as a demon/giant/thing of Nurgle for Dragon Rampant. Maybe a reduced model/reduced size Bellicose Foot with some special rules.

Painting was real fun. Most of the work was a zenithal shading with several green, yellow and white layers over which I played with Contrast paints and picked out some details.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 06:15:17 PM by DivisMal »

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2023, 06:11:03 PM »
I think you found your boss, for the dungeon slime party ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2023, 11:41:51 PM »
I think you found your boss, for the dungeon slime party ;)

Oh yes! For sure. That’s a good idea. Oh woe those poor lvl 1 adventurers! lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Sultan of Swing and Princess of Pain?)
« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2023, 11:44:35 PM »
„ Further and further into the ranks he sliced his way, until he saw Lord Xiombarg in his earthly guise of a slender, dark-haired woman. Elric knew that the woman’s shape was no indication of Xiombarg’s mighty strength but, without fear, he leapt towards the Duke of Hell and stood before him, looking up at where he sat on his lion-headed, bull-bodied mount. Xiombarg’s girl’s voice came sweetly to Elric’s ears. ‘Mortal, you have defied many Dukes of Hell and banished others back to the Higher Worlds. They call you godslayer now, so I’ve heard. Can you slay me?’“
Michael Moorcock, Stormbringer

The stories about Elric of Melniboné are among my favorites in the vast ocean of (mostly poorly written) fantasy literature.

The sequence quoted above is one of the best and creepiest descriptions of the Chaos Lords and so how could I resist on doing an Oldhammer version of King Xiombarg as a champion of Slaanesh. I chose an ice witch from the Demonworld range sculpted by the great Werner Klocke and as a mount some new chaos beastie from a GW set about battles in the chaos wastelands („Warcry“ iirc).
Both got a decent Slaaneshi paintjob with lots of blue and pink. Taking the pictures was tricky. As usual I finished in the middle of the night and furthermore I need to fix Xiombarg somehow on the chaos lion. Hope you like the pair!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:48:59 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Sultan of Swing & Princess of Pain?)
« Reply #247 on: January 26, 2023, 11:48:19 PM »
I currently have a really great run and managed to do another miniature tonight. This sculpt represents a southern prince. It’s a brilliant sculpt by Greenskinminiatures!
I used it as a champion of Slaanesh and am really happy how he turned out. I’ve been churning through Chaos Warriors that are also 3d prints and are often annoying to paint. This is not the case with this mini: a clean, clearly structured, elegant and yet dynamic sculpts that was just a joy to paint!

So I guess, I’ll play this as an Elite Foot unit with reduced models for Dragon Rampant. Now my Slaaneshi champions will need some units!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:55:52 PM by DivisMal »

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2023, 10:17:52 AM »
Amazing Charakters! The chaos lion looks so evil.

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2023, 04:13:42 PM »
Love your work, perfect representation of Sigvald too! Pretty sure I'm following your insta too, was very impressed seeing these the other day

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2023, 05:05:20 PM »
Amazing Charakters! The chaos lion looks so evil.

Thanks, Peter, I have some more from the Warcry boxed set which includes some amazing stuff. I’m tempted to modify one of those into a Manticore for a Khorne/Dark Elf champion!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2023, 05:10:21 PM »
Love your work, perfect representation of Sigvald too! Pretty sure I'm following your insta too, was very impressed seeing these the other day

Hey thanks, RustyT! Yeah, I posted not-Sigvald (let’s maybe call him Zigvald in a poor man‘s imitation of the old Mario/Vario joke) a few minutes earlier on Instagram. I really need to work on my photography, though. After being a childcarrier for some years, I do find some time to paint, but usually either very early or very late. And with my mobile only 🤦‍♂️

In imitation of a certain great WHQ thread I plan to scrounge through my leadpile tonight and paint a few 28mm for a change, though!

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2023, 06:38:22 PM »
Hey thanks, RustyT! Yeah, I posted not-Sigvald (let’s maybe call him Zigvald in a poor man‘s imitation of the old Mario/Vario joke) a few minutes earlier on Instagram. I really need to work on my photography, though. After being a childcarrier for some years, I do find some time to paint, but usually either very early or very late. And with my mobile only 🤦‍♂️

In imitation of a certain great WHQ thread I plan to scrounge through my leadpile tonight and paint a few 28mm for a change, though!

Haha, sorry Zigvalt The Magnetic

I only use my phone, its usually just lighting and turning down the ISO if your phone let's you.

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing what you dig out!!

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2023, 09:05:41 PM »
Those are wonderful, really wonder.

Those are LONG boots on the princess of evil. 

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2023, 09:57:01 PM »
Haha, sorry Zigvalt The Magnetic

I only use my phone, its usually just lighting and turning down the ISO if your phone let's you.

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing what you dig out!!

I got an iPhone bought second hand. The photos are pretty good, bit miniatures and bad light are two things where I see potential for optimizing!
Just was a bit in my man cave…pretty cold down there at this time of the year and with f@€§1&ng Putin causing electricity and heat bills to explode hmrph! Too many choices…damn! I need some real initiative…I therefore grabbed some relatively new GW goblins and a troll from that Underworld game. Really good models imho, still capturing the spirit of the Old World. Maybe I can motivate myself to start them when I am through with those Khorne Chaos Warriors…