Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:12:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ogrob's fantasy projects - We need axes 17/3  (Read 128657 times)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Kitbashed heavy warrior 10/1
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2021, 06:38:17 PM »
Yes, you can harrass vulnerable and valuable units with them. Against an 8-9 defense a single line can be enough, and they can avoid close combat. But I still think that they are too expensive (especially by the elves).

Oh yeah, the elves are right out. I still can not comprehend that they have don't have the two combat dice of all other cavalry.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »
Oh yeah, the elves are right out. I still can not comprehend that they have don't have the two combat dice of all other cavalry.
Me neither...

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2021, 09:59:14 PM »
Like that last kitbash, must admit I haven’t used the great swords yet, but it looks good.

:)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2021, 08:10:19 PM »
Grabbing bits and pieces from the lead mountain to assemble some more heavy infantry. Some kitbashes, some conversions and a Frostgrave metal model that fit in. Wanted a few more women in the unit so I found the Frostgrave templar, the Eowyn model and stuck some partial plate of a female plastic soldier, and finally because my Oathmark kingdom has Orcs in it, a Reaper half-orc that has been waiting for paint for an age.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:12:29 PM by Ogrob »

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Massive Storm Giant 2/1
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2021, 08:26:59 PM »

Partial army shot as I lined up the foces to play a game of Oathmark in my living room.

2500 pts, scenario was Lost in the Hills from Oathbreakers, the first scenario of three in an expedition to conquer a mystic tower.

The game was very interesting, with a lot of rough terrain on the table but very little that blocked line of sight. To add to the confusion we got to deploy each others armies! I smacked my opponents catapult in a far of corner, and he countered by placing my Human heavy cavalry in the opposite corner. Otherwise the armies mostly just spread out on a random line as we had fairly narrow deployment zones. In the end my heavy cav with Blade Master on them were able to roll up one flank supported by some very accurate Mounted Rangers, while my Ogres and Soldiers did a decent enough job at holding of some Elf Cavalry and Dwarf Warriors on the other flank. Won the game on points and got to add a Mountain Pass to my kingdom.

Wouldn’t want to face that massive army. Goblin wolves must have dominated if so many! Nice kitbashing ideas too.

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - More heavy warriors 11/1
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2021, 09:21:36 PM »
Fantastic stuff. They're perfect for linebreakers and your GS work seems to be getting better and better (especially a fan of that sword on the previous page). Really keen to see these guys painted up.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2021, 06:52:47 PM »
Nice conversion.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #307 on: January 17, 2021, 09:46:52 PM »
Just a small update for today, as I've mostly spend the weekend working on terrain. The Linebreakers needed a standard bearer but I was short on flags. As the other units in the army have sculpted flags I wanted the same here and ended up doing a flag in greenstuff. I draped it hanging down and attached a little chain and skull bit I found in the box. May go back and add something were the chain attaches to the pole. The mini itself is a Frostgrave knight body and head with arms from Frostgrave demons, a Victrix viking sword and a lance/banner pole from Fireforge.

What do you think?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Standard bearer kitbash 17/1
« Reply #308 on: January 18, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
Rather good :)
The flag is really well done. Not easy to work with sheets of Green Stuff in my experience.

I’ve just acquired a sprue of the Frostgrave knights. They are very shiny and smooth aren’t they? lol
Some nice components on there though. A couple of the bodies may find their way into my uruk-hai.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2021, 11:19:43 AM »
 :o Great work! Dealing with thin sheets of green-stuff is a nightmare, you've done an excellent job with the flag!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2021, 11:53:28 AM »
Can only echo the previous comments - it’s not easy to make a convincing flag out of green stuff, but you’ve done a cracking job mate  8)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2021, 12:43:45 PM »
Thanks guys! I worked the greenstuff out thin and then got it flat by working it against some wetted mdf. I think I got most of the fingerprint texture out and an even thickness in the end.

Captain Blood: Yeah, their new kits are a bit smooth and shiny, but also very good I think. The new kits are all a bit similar in that regard. Digital sculpts I think. The female wizards are my favourites since the Barbarians, but the Knights and Demons both have some good bits.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:49:44 PM by Ogrob »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2021, 10:40:17 PM »
Nice figure conversion, and an excellent sculpted flag.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2021, 08:33:47 PM »
Hello everyone!

Today we played the second game of Oathmark from the Military Expedition mentioned above. These are three-scenario mini campaigns, a great concept from Joe MacCullogh. I won the first game but lost the second as I failed to route my opponents dwarven infantry before he could claim the road we fought over.

As I was planning out my army list for this I did come to the conclusion that I could probably use another unit of basic infantry to fill out some lists. I have built a bunch of cavalry, mounted archers and ogres and such for this force but it is good to have options. I did some mental inventory of my sprue collection (it is reasonably well sorted so I have a decent idea what's in there) I found that I had almost two full sets of Fireforge Northmen Archers which I had not built.

So same deal as the other infantry: Fireforge bodies, Oathmark arms (pretty much out of these now), Victrix or Oathmark heads and weapons. For a little variety I included some Gaul heads and swords in this unit, I don't think they look to different to the viking, saxon and Oathmark heads.

As you can see in the second picture the Fireforge archer bodies have hoods, so that'll be a nice way to tell the units apart. I ended up really liking the wide legged archer stances as they gave me some nice bracing/blocking poses.

What do you guys think?

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Kitbashed Oathmark soldiers 23/1
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2021, 12:54:54 AM »
I like those a lot- they look like solid main line infantry. You’re right that the wide stance gives a really good sense that they’re bracing to defend against a change! The Oathmark arms certainly seem to fit well with the bodies. I like the variety of heads and helmets, too, varied but not too random.

I’m looking forward to seeing them painted!