Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690321
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ogrob's fantasy projects - We need axes 17/3  (Read 131201 times)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Table set up for some Forestgrave 12/6
« Reply #435 on: June 21, 2021, 11:27:37 PM »
Thank you! Inspired by the first game of Forestgrave I painted up another couple of basic soldiers. They could also pull double duty as companions in Rangers of Shadow Deep.
One Fireforge peasant with Frostgrave head, one WGA irish with a Frostgrave backpack and bottle, one Oathmark light elf with Frostgrave head and arms.

What do you think?

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Thus and a thief 22/6
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2021, 11:50:31 PM »
I think they look great! Good looking kitbashes mate.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Thugs and a thief 22/6
« Reply #437 on: June 22, 2021, 11:00:18 AM »
 :D fab work....looking great!!!

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #438 on: July 10, 2021, 04:39:15 PM »
Another little kitbash today. I built this one a while back, not even sure exactly when. Grabbed it last week and started putting some paint on her and now she is done. She should work well as a Treasure Hunter for Frostgrave or a Recruit for Rangers of Shadow Deep.

What do you think?

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - New recruit 10/7
« Reply #439 on: July 10, 2021, 04:46:08 PM »
I think that it looks great! Its very characterful: the tired ranger!

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #440 on: July 10, 2021, 04:47:37 PM »
Some lovely kitbashing there. Wonderful additions to your adventurous collection.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #441 on: July 11, 2021, 12:03:55 AM »
Another little kitbash today. I built this one a while back, not even sure exactly when. Grabbed it last week and started putting some paint on her and now she is done. She should work well as a Treasure Hunter for Frostgrave or a Recruit for Rangers of Shadow Deep.

What do you think?

The look of absolute exhaustion in her face is ace. “I’m too old for this s**t” she seems to be thinking.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #442 on: July 11, 2021, 09:55:19 PM »
The Kingdom of the Black Duns is home to several races. While humans and goblins are the most numerous, the strength of the marshland orcs is an integral part of the fledgling kingdom. The orcs hunt in the highland moors and are skilled at taming the creatures of the wetlands.

GW's new Orcs. The regular infantry are fairly reasonable in size really, and can be made to rank up. Using a 50x50 base for the Champion makes it a little easier to fit everyone else around. These make 15 orc spearmen with Champion for Oathmark. May have to try to pick up a few extra to fill the unit out to 20.

What do you think?

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Swamp orc spearmen for Oathmark 11/7
« Reply #443 on: July 11, 2021, 10:30:41 PM »
I think you made them look excellent! I like your back-story for them in the Black Duns kingdom, too. Kingdom creation and making stories for armies I’d one of the many things I like about Oathmark!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #444 on: July 12, 2021, 08:49:35 AM »
Wow! You certainly doing a good job to convince me on the new GW Orruks.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #445 on: July 12, 2021, 08:54:33 AM »
They look great  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2021, 10:18:15 AM »
They are indeed great, you really brought out the best in the new Orruks. I'll never understand why they were poorly received by some GW fans, although I suspect that's an unanswerable question. They really evoke brutality and savagery better than some of the more 'Warcraft-esque' giant orcs do.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #447 on: July 12, 2021, 12:42:10 PM »
They are indeed great, you really brought out the best in the new Orruks. I'll never understand why they were poorly received by some GW fans, although I suspect that's an unanswerable question. They really evoke brutality and savagery better than some of the more 'Warcraft-esque' giant orcs do.

I think you answered your own question.  The massive difference in style between these and the older orc sculpts (many of which date back to the 90s and WFB) pisses off people who already own the other figs and are pretty clearly not getting any new sculpts for that part of the megafaction any time soon, if ever.  It's not dissimilar to the feeling of folks (self included) who'd like to have some hope of getting more new, properly sized marine kits in 40K when we have no hope of anything but Primaris freaks from here on out.

You could call it sour grapes if you felt ungenerous, but those swamp orcs are such a departure from the older style (including the WoW-like AoS-only ones) that it's really hard to look at them next to each other and see a unified army.

Offline Eoin OCnaimhsi

• Librarian
« Reply #448 on: July 12, 2021, 01:17:17 PM »
You did a fantastic job on those Orcs.

I personally dislike most of what GW has put out in the last few years, however I am quite taken with these new guys(whom I refuse to call "orruks").

Size wise they look compatible with Ral Partha Orcs.

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #449 on: July 12, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »
I think you answered your own question.  The massive difference in style between these and the older orc sculpts (many of which date back to the 90s and WFB) pisses off people who already own the other figs and are pretty clearly not getting any new sculpts for that part of the megafaction any time soon, if ever.  It's not dissimilar to the feeling of folks (self included) who'd like to have some hope of getting more new, properly sized marine kits in 40K when we have no hope of anything but Primaris freaks from here on out.

You could call it sour grapes if you felt ungenerous, but those swamp orcs are such a departure from the older style (including the WoW-like AoS-only ones) that it's really hard to look at them next to each other and see a unified army.

But aren't they an entirely different sub-species? E.g. they exist in addition to, rather than instead of, the Ironjawz type orcs etc. Not to derail Ogrob's thread!