Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BSC2021 Codsticker's... Difficultness???  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: BSC2021 Codsticker's... Difficultness???
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 02:54:32 AM »
Thank you CU. You can send me the pics as I am curious to see them but they won't have an effect on the build as I have already submitted my pic. :D
... the marsh I'm on about is an inland estuary lock that filters in & out with the tide, so it is a fresh water salt marsh if not an oxymoron. Lot's of fresh water birds on it, so can't be too salty
Indeed it is not an oxymoron; the water you describe is called 'brackish'. You are right, it's not really what I have modelled, although one of my inspirational pics earlier in the thread is of a brackish marsh.

The current 8" squares are not mounted on anything; they are just foam. I have already started on other 60cm tiles that will match the one I have made for this BSC and they are mounted on 7mm MDF.

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 09:32:54 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:33:01 AM by Clach Umha »
Getting excited & making jokes about dropping Nepalm on little Asian Children in a Viet' village doesn't make it ok just because 'it's wargaming & not real'. You wanker scum need to look again at the real photographic horror of such chemical weapons. Seriously Disgusting mind set amongst some you.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2021, 03:43:46 AM »
Here in North America we use 'brackish' when referring to areas where salt and fresh water mix such as estuaries.

The top photo is not mine but the other two are. The middle one is the brackish swamp by a local mall, taken before the plants have greened up. The bottom photo is a shallow fresh water pond I drove by on my way home from working a day out of town. I live on Vancouver Island so temperate rainforest terrain.

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 11:24:07 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:33:34 AM by Clach Umha »

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2021, 03:46:31 PM »
Lovely place to reside Codsticker, aesthtically it's as if the West Indies & Scandinavia got married.
Lol, yeah sort of. It is a great place to live, mostly rural.
(though I read your getting the shitty stick through all these shenanigans going on just now, not quite as a bad as the aussies though, hah, says me in the British Isles)
Vancouver Island has done OK. It helps that we are the end of the line so to speak, not a lot of through travel and although vaccinations started slowly we have achieved a high level quickly. Other parts of Canada not so much.

The bottom pic is beautiful, the one above is remarkable that it is just outside a mall.
]
That mall is at the north end of Campbell River which is at the top of the most populous stretch of Vancouver Island. North of that here is only about 9000 people inhabiting an area about 16000 sq kilometres.

Offline cahrn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2021, 09:14:29 PM »
I’ve been wrestling with some wire tree armatures for my project as well. I think yours has turned out fine and would definitely looks right at home on some windswept plane.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 01:25:22 AM »
I’ve been wrestling with some wire tree armatures for my project as well. I think yours has turned out fine and would definitely looks right at home on some windswept plane.
Thank you cahrn. I think I can improve on them; in fact I am thinking about making a few armatures and making moulds so that I can just cast up trees as I need them.