Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690713
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1026
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CapnJim's Modern Stuff (Northern Gambola Aid Convoy Set-up...Pg 26 - 23 Apr 24)  (Read 46773 times)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
I must have missed an update or two….  :o :o

Really impressive collection !

No worries.  :D   Thanks, AKULA!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Next up in my modern stuff is the staff of an NGO medical center.  It started out as Warlord Game's MASH set, but I decided to civilian-ize it.  I'll be using some of the figs in the above scenario...

The first 2 pics are (left to right), the Administrative Assistant, the Director, and a patient (that original figure was Hawkeye from the book, movie, and TV series, and had a cowboy hat on.  I did a head transplant on him and gave him a bandaged head from Warlord's US Marines plastic sprue.  And for any of you who are temperance-minded, be assured his drink is strictly medicinal... ;))

The next 2 pics are (left to right) 2 docs, and an orderly (that figure was Cpl. Klinger, who came with a 50s nurse's head.  Again, a head transplant was in order, and he got a cap-clad head, again from the Warlord plastic US Marine sprue.  He also got a cigar, too - have I mentioned I like to have a few of my figures smoking cigars and the occasional cigarette as appropriate...). 

The next 2 are a nurse and doc checking on another patient.

The last 2 are the whole lot, along with the priest figure that came with the set, whom I had previously painted.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Very clever and good looking conversions! 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Great work - thanks for the reminder… I’d forgotten about the MASH minis… exactly what I need to add for my own project  :)

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Really great collection here fella.  Pretty inspiring.

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very clever and good looking conversions! 👍

Really great collection here fella.  Pretty inspiring.

Thanks, fellas!

Great work - thanks for the reminder… I’d forgotten about the MASH minis… exactly what I need to add for my own project  :)

Thanks!  And as you can see, they do indeed work for civilian docs, etc.

Next up are Empress' modern "Auf Wiedersehen" civilians (both armed and unarmed).  They are currently being painted, and should show up here next week!

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Next up are Empress' modern "Auf Wiedersehen" civilians (both armed and unarmed).  They are currently being painted, and should show up here next week!

Speaking of which, here is the first batch.  The first 2 pics are the unarmed fellas.  Mostly straight out of the bag, except for the gray-haired guy's cigar. 

The 2nd 2 are the armed versions.  I added a few details to these.  I added some smoke on the Molotov Cocktail, the ammo belt on the Minimi, and the AK laying on the ground next to the dude with the LAW (that way, he ain't a one-hit wonder...at least the guy with the RPG can reload it...).

The 5th shot is the whole bunch together.

And a nod to Dags, who gave me the idea for the plaid shirt.  I made mine red, so I wasn't blatantly copying him... 8) 

I have 8 more of these guys ready to paint, which should commence Monday...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Bomber has got a bit grey in his old age and Oz has decided to go underground with a dye job but excellent work all the same.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Bomber has got a bit grey in his old age and Oz has decided to go underground with a dye job but excellent work all the same.

lol

I thought that Bomber looked quite distinguished with grey hair. You need to try and paint Moxey's bad skin  lol

Looking good.

You should look up the original series they are from although you may not understand the regional accents as they are pretty extreme.  ;)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks, fellas.  Dare I be committing heresy, I'm not binding myself to replicating those characters.   :o

But I do like how the "Bomber" figure turned out with his grey hair and cigar...

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks, fellas.  Dare I be committing heresy, I'm not binding myself to replicating those characters.   :o

But I do like how the "Bomber" figure turned out with his grey hair and cigar...

TBH honest the figures were designed to be a generic group of civies. I just used the TV show as inspiration instead of doing completely generic figures which was a bit boring. Therefore what you have done is exactly what they were really designed to do. Perfecto.  ;)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks, Paul.   I started the other 8 figures in that line yesterday.  I should have them finished perhaps this coming weekend!   Stay tuned for pics of those guys (and gals)...

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Love the civvies…look forward to seeing the rest  :)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Love the civvies…look forward to seeing the rest  :)

Thanks, AKULA!  The other 8 are indeed underway, and I hope to have pics up of them by this coming Tuesday! 

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
And here they are!

The first 2 pics show the unarmed versions, while the 2nd 2 pics shown them armed.  No conversions on these guys (and gals).  Did them straight out of the bag...

The 3rd 2 pics are this batch all together, and the 4th 2 pics show all 16 figures of the line together...

I may need to touch up the female figures' legs.  I may have overdone the ink wash - it looks like either she was kneeling in the dirt or she has really cheap panty hose..... :o