Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:57:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lau is playing 'Guilders - A Life In Shadows'  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
Re: Lau is playing 'Guilders - A Life In Shadows'
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 10:23:01 PM »
I am impressed.  Love the theme and flavor of the game.  I've downloaded 1.41 and have given it a quick once over.  Cannot wait to really dig through it.

I might have just found the game to get my 15mm fantasy project back on the table (painting and gaming).

Have you thought about a pre-scenario phase to scout the area. 

Casing phase:  Assign 1 or more guild members to a pre-scenario scouting mission to identify the richest or easiest marks.  These members  will not be available for the scenario as they have been seen in the area and would arouse suspicion.  You could even develop a skill set that allows the to appraise targets and therefore give in scenario benefits to the rest of the guild if they are successful.  Just my 2 cents.

"EDIT:  This would be different from the scout skill as it would occur before the senior starts. The individual casing the scene reports to the boss, relays info like locked doors, number and location of guards, etc."

Anyhow,  love your concept and will begin adding this to my current Zona Alfa project as priorities.

Thanks,  and good luck with the project.  I'll be following closely and might even get it on the table next month.

SKIPPER
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:07:38 AM by Skipper »
Skipper

"No challenge is too small.......or too large!"

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2021, 10:15:58 AM »
great project. really enjoying seeting this come along.  :-*

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2021, 11:28:35 PM »
You rules have inspired me.  It's been a while since I put anytime into hobbies.  This hit at a lull in my soccer schedule with the players being on a 5 day fall break and I've managed to add 4 new buildings (Dave Grafian Paper craft) to my fledgling fantasy town scape.  I'm trying to figure out what type of base I plan to use (probably modular 12" squares) .  I'm sitting at about 20-25 buildings now. 

Anyone have a suggestion for 15mm civilians?  The gangs and guards are no issue, but unarmed civilians at this scale I am short on.Might he to proxies more modern civilian for a bit or use zombies as stand ins.  Tonight after it gets dark I'll go through my fantasy and historical 15mm lead pile to see what I can find.

Battle Vallor might get an order from me if I can work in a practice game.  I know they have some items I can use.

Cannot wait to see your next update.

Skipper

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2021, 06:27:18 AM »
great project. really enjoying seeting this come along.  :-*

Thanks! It's really nice to be encouraged :-D

I am impressed.  Love the theme and flavor of the game.  I've downloaded 1.41 and have given it a quick once over.  Cannot wait to really dig through it.
I might have just found the game to get my 15mm fantasy project back on the table (painting and gaming).
Have you thought about a pre-scenario phase to scout the area. 
Casing phase:  Assign 1 or more guild members to a pre-scenario scouting mission to identify the richest or easiest marks.  These members  will not be available for the scenario as they have been seen in the area and would arouse suspicion.  You could even develop a skill set that allows the to appraise targets and therefore give in scenario benefits to the rest of the guild if they are successful.  Just my 2 cents.
"EDIT:  This would be different from the scout skill as it would occur before the senior starts. The individual casing the scene reports to the boss, relays info like locked doors, number and location of guards, etc."
Anyhow,  love your concept and will begin adding this to my current Zona Alfa project as priorities.
Thanks,  and good luck with the project.  I'll be following closely and might even get it on the table next month.
SKIPPER

Thanks a lot! And a really good idea! Do you have any ideas to what the skill could do? excange loot tokens for higher loot tokens? Like Change a Loot 1 token to a Loot 2 on the table? Or more like working the loot tables after the game with rerolls on them?

You rules have inspired me.  It's been a while since I put anytime into hobbies.  This hit at a lull in my soccer schedule with the players being on a 5 day fall break and I've managed to add 4 new buildings (Dave Grafian Paper craft) to my fledgling fantasy town scape.  I'm trying to figure out what type of base I plan to use (probably modular 12" squares) .  I'm sitting at about 20-25 buildings now. 
Anyone have a suggestion for 15mm civilians?  The gangs and guards are no issue, but unarmed civilians at this scale I am short on.Might he to proxies more modern civilian for a bit or use zombies as stand ins.  Tonight after it gets dark I'll go through my fantasy and historical 15mm lead pile to see what I can find.
Battle Vallor might get an order from me if I can work in a practice game.  I know they have some items I can use.
Cannot wait to see your next update.
Skipper

Thanks a lot for the support! And you should definetly let me know how it goes when you have played a game! We would love comments and critique!

I dont know where you are located, but miniatures like https://www.peterpig.co.uk/ww2civilians.html or https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/search.asp?nobox=&scat=&stext=civilians&sprice=&pg=1 could work I believe :-) Do show the miniatues you find that can be used for the game :-D I would love to see more thieves and guards!

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 06:47:59 AM »
Skipper: Irregular miniatures do a limited range of 15mm peasants that would be useful. Have a browse through their other ancienet/medial ranges and you might find other usable figures. They also have a range of wagons/carts and various livestock in 15mm.
http://irregularminiatures.co.uk/

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2021, 06:59:24 PM »
I'm working on some ideas for a pre--game casing phase that I'll forward to you once I get a bit further along and the type it up.  (Edit: I'm old enough that I still work my ideas out on paper before digitizing them)  I'm trying to come up with 30 outcomes.  I noticed you are shooting for 100 options but have posted 30 one the lists you are still working, on.  I am working on a couple of ideas to add to some of your other loot lists too.  Use, modify,  or discard at your own pleasure. 

I've got my first ground base done and enough buildings to try my first game.  I'll try and get a solo game in on our next rain out day.  My teams season ends on 7 Nov unless we make a tournament,  then I'll pass them to the spring coach and hopefully have time on my hands to play some table top games.

Skipper

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 07:01:24 PM by Skipper »

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2021, 03:52:34 PM »
A quick update.

The following is an image of my developing 15mm fantasy town for Guilders.  Its on a 2 x 2 foot board. 

Lau,

I'm PM you my ideas discussed earlier in the thread about casing.  I'll keep working on the idea as I have time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 05:43:23 PM by Skipper »

Offline M.P.

• Mad Scientist
    • Barbaric Frontier
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2021, 10:22:42 AM »
Looks very nice, are they dave gaham's models?

I need to try the Guliders - I've got a lot of civilians, town guards etc. and I love rpgesque skirmishes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 10:39:27 AM by M.P. »
My roleplaying/wargaming blog: barbaricfrontier.blogspot.com

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2021, 12:20:43 PM »
Most of them.  Some are Fatdragon.

Edit
I'll start a separate thread to track my 15mm fantasy progress as I feel I'm usurping Lau's
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 12:23:24 PM by Skipper »

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2021, 08:19:09 AM »
Thanks, it is general always preferable for people to start their own threads for their work. It's more accessible for people to see.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2021, 08:15:59 AM »
Hey! My familys been having turns being i'll during the last month, so I had low productivity, and i even missed out on a planned weekend of playtesting guilders. Guess its the time of year, but really annoying none the less!

I'm working on some ideas for a pre--game casing phase that I'll forward to you once I get a bit further along and the type it up.  (Edit: I'm old enough that I still work my ideas out on paper before digitizing them)  I'm trying to come up with 30 outcomes.  I noticed you are shooting for 100 options but have posted 30 one the lists you are still working, on.  I am working on a couple of ideas to add to some of your other loot lists too.  Use, modify,  or discard at your own pleasure. 

I've got my first ground base done and enough buildings to try my first game.  I'll try and get a solo game in on our next rain out day.  My teams season ends on 7 Nov unless we make a tournament,  then I'll pass them to the spring coach and hopefully have time on my hands to play some table top games.

I would love to see your ideas! Be free to share them here or by private message! Sounds great! We try to make 30 to playtest with as a proof of concept before going all the way to 100 - since that takes a lot of time, but alle the tables have worked perfectly so far, so we will expand them as soon as possible. Have you seen 1.42 is out? It have a bit expanded tables. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QgOD7G3eYUppV07vF_K5aypvIg9NyuQu?fbclid=IwAR2PGlxykeMVV0b4zqo3jObdAGkTqr1uuGvE2zS0sQ7bQ-u1sMfwfnvOWvo
I would love to hear about playing a solo game! And good luck with the games! I hope you make the tournament, even though it means less tabeltop time! What are you coaching?
And the board looks perfect! I am looking forward to see it filled with minis :-D

I need to try the Guliders - I've got a lot of civilians, town guards etc. and I love rpgesque skirmishes.

You should try it! It is the miniature game i have played with the most rpg elements -and its good fun :-)

Thanks, it is general always preferable for people to start their own threads for their work. It's more accessible for people to see.
Hi Elk. I dont really know what you mean. Could you expand on it?

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2021, 10:31:08 AM »
Awesome setup there Skipper! Glad you're gonna give the game a try. Would love to hear how you find playing the game solo, that part still needs a bunch of work.

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2021, 10:46:20 PM »
Lau, 

I sent a private message to Lau with my first draft of ideas.  The formatting got lost in the PM system here In Lead Adventure Furum,  but I can send the original word docx if you want it.

Sorry to hear about the wave of illness.  It seems to be that time of year.  It's a bit scarier now with COVID too.  Best of luck on getting through it. 

Bloodbeard,  Soccer season for us ends Sunday and I'll have a chance  some free time. Then once I get a lull at work Ill  get a game in.
 I ll let you know how it goes once I do and send feedback.

Skipper

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2021, 02:36:30 PM »
Lau, 

I sent a private message to Lau with my first draft of ideas.  The formatting got lost in the PM system here In Lead Adventure Furum,  but I can send the original word docx if you want it.

Sorry to hear about the wave of illness.  It seems to be that time of year.  It's a bit scarier now with COVID too.  Best of luck on getting through it. 

Bloodbeard,  Soccer season for us ends Sunday and I'll have a chance  some free time. Then once I get a lull at work Ill  get a game in.
 I ll let you know how it goes once I do and send feedback.

Hey Skipper! I never recieved the stuff you sent me! I'll sent you a private message, maybe that will make it show up :-)

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2021, 06:39:18 PM »
I've attempted 3 times with no success.  I'm not sure why? It might be my security settings or the file might be too large.

The fourth attempt seems to have gone out.  Unfortunately I had to cut and paste and it lost its formatting. 

Skipper