Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:04:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Mothercrushers are preparing for war  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Re: The Mothercrushers are preparing for war
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »
They're looking good!

Lots of great inspiration here; I've just aquired another 48 of these fellows and need to work on individualising them. So I'll be stealing freely from this thread!

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 03:22:43 PM »
You could definitely do more, especially if you drill out the hands and put other weapons in. 

The spear-orc cuts nicely at the waste to rotate the body (one you've freed his other arm).  Both arms are ripe for chopping off, repositioning and/or swapping. 

Head swaps are significantly harder because of the way they are moulded on.  I decapitated one of them to rotate the head angle which works OK.

The Archers could make a good spear orc (if left handed) or prime conversion to a standard bearer.

Have you seen this blog? Lots of good ideas on there as well.
http://www.combatzonechronicles.net/em4/orcsy.htm

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2022, 05:39:31 AM »
That article you linked to was what inspired my attempts at conversions!

I like the variety of re-posing you showed in the picture above. The conversions turning spearmen into archers worked quite well. That’s one I haven’t tried, but I might give that a try if I expand my EM4 orc archer unit - the standard plastic archer is a good figure, but a bit of variety would be great to have. Thanks for sharing pics of the modified figs!

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2022, 06:40:42 AM »
Looking awesome so far

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2022, 09:57:34 AM »
The Archers could make a good spear orc (if left handed) or prime conversion to a standard bearer.

Yup. I have one converted to have a short spear in the left hand with a Perry kettle hat over the hood (he's been unpainted for years because I need to repair the brim of the helmet at the back) and add a slung bow to go with the quiver. The right hand of the archer is in a good position for a shield, and the hood means that helmets look good when added. This thread should provide some impetus to get him done!

Have you seen this blog? Lots of good ideas on there as well.
http://www.combatzonechronicles.net/em4/orcsy.htm

Yes, it's a great source of inspiration. The swordsman is probably the hardest to convert successfully. I've added helmets and different weapons over the years, but the weapons always end up needing repaired - probably time to paint and multibase them to keep them intact!

I'm also going to try splicing on some Oathmark orc heads - I think they should be big enough to look OK.