Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:09:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commerical] Neopolitan African Infantry Sculpts 28mm  (Read 1189 times)

Offline clibinarium

• Librarian
[Commerical] Neopolitan African Infantry Sculpts 28mm
« on: September 05, 2022, 09:38:00 PM »
Hi there. A few years back I was approached by a forum member (but I prefer not to name them, not looking to embarrass anyone) and asked to sculpt some Kingdom of Naples African émigré troops. Unfortunately, I was ghosted after the first couple of figures were done. There was some contact after a long break, but nothing came of it. I think at this point I can safely sell them on to someone who could put them to use.

So for sale are the two pictured "greens" (though they are grey), along with all rights to cast and produce them. One fusilier in covered shako and one grenadier in bearskin. Not the best photos but you can see them pretty clearly. Fusilier is 28mm from sole to eye-line, the grenadier a smidge taller.

Open to realistic offers, please PM me if interested.
Clibinarium.

Ps. I think I've obeyed the rules on selling stuff, but if I haven't got it right please let me know and I'll remove the post if necessary.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: [Commerical] Neopolitan African Infantry Sculpts 28mm
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 02:12:23 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* Nicely done!

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 05:21:13 PM »
Lovely looking figures, no idea what these go for but I am pretty sure someone will snap them up. :)

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 05:30:35 PM »
Superb sculpting! Very nice indeed!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline clibinarium

• Librarian
Re: [Commerical] Neopolitan African Infantry Sculpts 28mm- now on ebay
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 09:37:17 PM »
Thank you guys, sorry I missed these kind comments, they bucked me up considerably.

No PMs though so on to ebay they go. I hope somebody gets them and makes them available.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144749000688

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 11:11:58 PM »
Hippocrene published a color guide of "uniforms of the Retreat From Moscow", with lots of excellent color plates and a rather good short description of the campaign. Uniforms also covered the advance for those worried about that.

It said this regiment raised in Santo Domingo (AKA Haiti) was the worst in the French service; upon transfer to the Neapolitan army, they were rated the best of that force. They had a high desertion rate in 1812. Small wonder that Haitians had little interest in waging war in eastern Europe.

Excellent sculpts, by the way.
And the glorious general led the advance
With a glorious swish of his sword and his lance
And a glorious clank of his tin-plated pants. - Dr. Seuss

My blog: http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Offline clibinarium

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 08:32:54 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. I think I've seen the Hippocrene book before- looks like it might be 70's vintage? I seem to recall it was in the public library when I was a kid. Is it worth hunting out? I am a bit leery of uniform books that show all sorts of uniforms, but a lot of them are a bit unrepresentative. I found Uniforms Of The French Revolutionary Wars 1789-1802 to be somewhat guilty of that, and I think that's from a similar time.

Final hour for the sculpts BTW. This week I  realised I've been spelling Neapolitan wrong my whole life. Not that it comes up often, but still.

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 10:32:53 PM »
Some of the plates are of unrepresentative uniforms, others are OK. The African regiment has two figures, one of a sapper with apron covering much of his uniform, and an officer in undress uniform, blue coatee with blue/white striped trousers. That said, the drawings are quite lovely and the short history of the campaign well done.
At the end are some figures wrapped in blankets and such, and Ney in his fur coat, musket in hand.