Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Very cool news from Ramshackle Games. Nuclear Renaissance 2 coming out soon.  (Read 17136 times)

Offline Little Pete

• Bookworm
Already been there and commented Capn'. Good work.

Pete

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
Have to say it looks awesome...

It looks mad, but awesome!

Offline Viper

• Mad Scientist
  • Sunny Scotland
Oooh, I'd forgotten that NR2 was in the works.
 :?

All the new stuff is looking rather snazzy, time to check my bank account me thinks.
 :)

The vehicles and the extra bits and pieces like the armoured plates are fantastic, not to mention that price wise the vehicles come in at a similar cost to a number of companies single 28-32mm infantry miniatures
 8)

The only things I am a little sad about are the massive reduction in the number of avaliable skills, abilities and flaws and also the removal of the campaign rules.
The vast scope of those were what drew my attention to NR in the first place.
 :(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 05:45:49 PM by Viper »
Nemo me impune lacessit
Wha daur meddle wi' me?

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Im interested on purchasing very very interested

Offline Little Pete

• Bookworm
The only things I am a little sad about are the massive reduction in the number of avaliable skills, abilities and flaws and also the removal of the campaign rules.
The vast scope of those were what drew my attention to NR in the first place.
 :(

Viper, you should not be so sad. Curtis already has a Tome of Tridlins in the works that will add these skills back in and really flesh out the setting with new stuff. I asked him about the change and his main goal was to remove the broken parts of the old system (with 2 SMGs and some skills you could fire 22 shots for 2 of your 5 action points) and to set a more solid and streamlined basis for the rules. The expansion is also needed as the old skills and rules etc. will need to be updated to fit in with the new system.

Keep your hopes up as I won't let curtis take out all the funky stuff he gave us last time ;-)

Offline Viper

• Mad Scientist
  • Sunny Scotland
Yay.

That's all okay then.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Hmm.. I've been reading now. Looks clever enough.

The amount of detail and the composition of turn sequence makes me see an 10 fig a side skirmish. More than that would take a while I think. I'll of course back this hypothesis with experiments.  lol

The movements got me a bit confused. Charging 0 pts, move is 1 pts, sprinting is all pts no matter how many and no further actions allowed. But how about moving once and then charging.. it's further than a sprint and costs less?
I'm not trying to lawyer, just to figure out whether I've understood it.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline leutenantbrittan

• Librarian
Hi!

I do think there are a few bits and bobs that might need some errata such as the charging/movement rules and according to the damage tables it seems to be impossible to actually kill anyone as no matter how good a result you get on them the best you can expect is a wound.

This may tie into the upcoming campaign book Tome Of Tridlins or might just be a misplaced word. It seems fairly straight forward to simply replace the 10+ result with character removed as a casualty!

I will contact Curtis of Ramshackle and see if he can clarify the questions!

All the best!

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
You can only make 1 type of "on foot" move action per turn. You can either charge, sprint or walk. It does actually state that in the rules. However, you are allowed to drive and make an on foot move action. It sounds a bit counter intuitive, especially that you can charge for free, but in the end it works in game.

We playtested the idea of a charge costing action points, but it meant that most characters were at a massive disadvantage when charging. This is obviously not the case in real life, and often offence is the best form of defence, so was born the free charge.

As for injuries, its just the term used. As you can heal injuries with your medics, a result of dead would be a bit harsh. Plus, even a fatal wound can sometimes take many hours to kill, and even a fatally wounded character can be patched up and given a shot of adrenaline to get them back into the fight! So yes, "injured" is used to mean the character needs medical attention and is out of the game effectively!

I will publish an errata and FAQ....oh gosh, writing a book almost unaided and with no capital to pay for professional proof readers! What fun, the gremlins have been at the type face.....

Oh yes, the full game was released yesterday, plus all the figures and vehicles seperately!

Offline Viper

• Mad Scientist
  • Sunny Scotland
The movement system actually made a lot of sense to me and I really like it.

Charging being 0 ap so you can spend the action points in combat makes sense and of course going into combat is always risky so it might be farther movement for free but your character could end up dead shortly after, and you can only do it if there is a target you can reach.

Also the injury rules seemed fairly clear aswell, but then I am used to systems like Necromunda where the most you ever do is cause an injury and it is only in the case of campaigns that you need to find out what that injury actually was in the long term, be it just a loss of conciousness that's recovered from for the next game or a fatal wound.

I can see why Thorbjørn mentioned moving and charging as it doesn't specifically say you can't but it did feel rather implied to me. Even then I don't actually think I would mind allowing a move then charge, yes it would move you slightly farther than a sprint action, but you could only do it if there was a target in range and also it would put the model in combat with one action point already spent which seems like a rather risky manuver.

All in all I don't think you should have any worries Curtis, there are always going to be things that seem straight forwards to the designers that some players might get a little wrong. From what I can see you have done a far better job on your own with no professional proof readers (which is a joke anyway, an unpaid proof reader doing it for the love of the game is probably going to be even more careful than a paid one), than a lot of larger companies tend to do, particularly the one that doesn't even need named when it comes to problems in these areas as they are somewhat of a benchmark in failure.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:47:11 AM by Viper »

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
You can only make 1 type of "on foot" move action per turn. You can either charge, sprint or walk. It does actually state that in the rules. However, you are allowed to drive and make an on foot move action. It sounds a bit counter intuitive, especially that you can charge for free, but in the end it works in game.

OK that's cool. I just didn't really catch the drift.  :)

I will publish an errata and FAQ....oh gosh, writing a book almost unaided and with no capital to pay for professional proof readers! What fun, the gremlins have been at the type face.....

Oh yes, the full game was released yesterday, plus all the figures and vehicles seperately!

Yes! And I recieved my copy TODAY! :D

I am now in the process of washing the cars with soap water and soon I'll be ruining them with paint.

I actually sat there.. "Should I convert these or just do them as they're on the package? Hmm.. bugger I'll try something new and just do them as they are on the cover!" ;D

Bloody lovely is what it is.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
Oh and the Jack Skellington guitarwielding model is now officially the coolest model available in the Galaxy.  lol :-* :-* :-*

Offline Little Pete

• Bookworm

Hey Curtis. I will proof read and see what rules I can find confusing points on if you like. Just let me know.

Pete

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/

I can see why Thorbjørn mentioned moving and charging as it doesn't specifically say you can't but it did feel rather implied to me.

Its not that clear now I look at it, but on page 19 it says "Each character may perform on move action and one drive action per turn". Its under the diagram dsfininf "move" actions and "drive" actions.

The worst rules hiccough actually is ramming. The wording says that you can drive backwards and forward over a model, ramming it exxentially infinite amount of times.... Hmm this will have to be addressed.....Weve been playing it that you can only ram something once per turn, seems to work....

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
Its not that clear now I look at it, but on page 19 it says "Each character may perform on move action and one drive action per turn". Its under the diagram dsfininf "move" actions and "drive" actions.

Oh well - I was just trying to figure out the intention. Both ways would have worked for me.  lol

There's some word bog in the close combat section too. But nothing that impaires the text. Just the odd "a" in the middle of a line where it doesn't add any meaning..  lol

How about the game background? Will you be expanding it on the home page in the future? I'd like to know more about the giggles and the society against mischief for certain.  o_o