Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:22:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690847
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Argonor's Kings of War plans - Project on stand-by  (Read 13689 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's Kings of War plans - WIP update Oct 4th
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2010, 08:31:45 AM »
OK, Sharepoint at work is down with a 500 Internal Server Error, so I have some time to kill...

Monday evening I collapsed completely after putting my eldest daughter to bed - I sat down to have a brief look at the news, and after ½ hour then realized that I was just zapping to keep myself awake. So I shambled up the stairs and crashed into my bed, sleeping after a few minutes. Reaction to all the stress/time pressure getting the rented house ready for turning over the keys, which we did Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday evening, though, the mrs. and I worked 1-1½ hour in the study/office/hobby room to sort out the room, and put things on shelves, and it is now possible to walk all the way around the table in the middle of the room. And the half-finished 3x3 gaming board sitting on my elevated gaming table/surface on top of it can now be finished real soon. And the painting table can now be accessed without any risks taken  :D

I haven't gotten around to arranging my stuff properly, yet, and I still have som boxes under the table that must be emptied, but I really expect to be able to actually use the room starting one of the next days.

I'll try to get the board finished asap, as it will probably be the scene of my first gaming session in the new home.

And THEN, I'll put it aside, take down the table, and put up a lamp in the ceiling, before before setting up another, expandable, table.

Hopefully, I'll also get some painting done all the while... but I see the light now....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »
Yesterday went down the drains, literally as well as hobbying-wise; I ended up almost like Monday, too tired to do anything.

Today we did some more tidying up in the room, and if I rearrange my paints a little bit, I can now work fairly comfortably at the painting desk.

Tomorrow evening we are going to a delayed Halloween party at my daughter's school, and Saturday afternoon/evening I'll be atthe 25th anniversary/reunion of my old 'senior high' class (I don't know what the English equivalent is called... 'grammar school'?), and during the weekend days, some exterior work has to be done on the house.

So, another week went by with no progress. If I do not get something painted next week, I'll put this on hold, and start working on something else to have something 'fresh' to motivate me. Lack of continuity is a real show-stopper for me....

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2010, 07:04:02 AM »
Hmmmmm...

I now begin to think it unlikely that I'll have time for the hobby at all for a very long time. I simply have too much to do to, both on a daily routine basis and getting settled in, to find a surplus of energy and motivation.

It may change if I get a few games played, but with the weekends spoken for by arranging furniture, painting walls, and emptying boxes, futilely trying to find space for everything, that's not likely to happen very soon, either.

Crap. Sometimes I just hate my life.

I consider this project put on stand-by for now; if I get some sparse time for painting, I need to use it on something that can be finished way faster, so I'll be able to get some results that may motivate me further, because this situation is just depressing.

I guess the KoW rules aren't sufficiently interesting to spur me on while facing the obstacles presented by moving house, after all.

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Re: Argonor's Kings of War plans - Project on stand-by
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 02:27:46 AM »
Sad to hear it man. I look forward to your return to this project!

n.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's Kings of War plans - Project on stand-by
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »
Yeah, somewhen after Christmas, maybe... Just now I need to take my mind off all the frustrations of this last couple of months, and get some small projects done to get the feeling that I do some progress.

I really hoped that recording my progress, and lack of same, would keep me motivated, but it was perhaps just a very bad time to start an extensive painting project, after all...

I am home today, trying to recover from a very bad cold, and I'll use some of the afternoon on planning a few very small paintjobs consisting of just 1-3 minis a piece for Strange Aeons, Fear & Faith, and eventually Chaos in Carpathia (for which last I'll do a couple of half-size warbands (Treasure Hunters and Werewolves) to get a story-driven series of games going.

I shall record those in threads under their respective sections, as I do feel that 'blogging' a project helps focusing better, I just need to have time to actually follow up on a started endeavour.

And I just remembered, that i have an almost finished .45A project called 'Secrets of the Hidden Temple' that has been dormant fotr over a year due to lack of space for makin the last couple of terrain pieces (all the minis have been painted, IIRC).

So, I actually have a lot of stuff that I can get moving this fall/winter without a very big effort, and if I get all these things finished/played, I would not be surprised if it would give me back the motivation for at least doing the 2 planned/sterted High Elf units.

I actually dislike putting someting unfinished away, but life, the lack of a regular 'alternative' gaming society 'round here, and my fluttering mind, has caused me to do just that MANY times before.