Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wargames Factory Shock Troops Boxed set Review  (Read 8198 times)

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
Re: Wargames Factory Shock Troops Boxed set Review
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 11:37:39 PM »
stop looking for motives Guru, it's a forum, people can post what they like about a topic... including not liking something... it's not all about you...

as for a learning curve on the production, Immortal's plastic Greeks look ok, nice enough detail... the Perry stuff is superb - how TMP voted WF's vikings over anything the Perry's made in plastic is insane... quality plastic can be produced, it has nothing to do with the age of the company or how long they've done plastics...

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »
stop looking for motives Guru, it's a forum, people can post what they like about a topic... including not liking something... it's not all about you...

as for a learning curve on the production, Immortal's plastic Greeks look ok, nice enough detail... the Perry stuff is superb - how TMP voted WF's vikings over anything the Perry's made in plastic is insane... quality plastic can be produced, it has nothing to do with the age of the company or how long they've done plastics...

Nope it's about you, because you said...

and the majority of todays plastics can't match the detail and quality of those plastics from 32 years ago... yet people go mad over them... a bucket of Army Men has better depth of detail than some plastics...

And now you're saying "quality plastic can be produced"

Then please say what you mean, and mean what you say, because it's getting a little confusing trying to follow just what you're trying to say. It changes from post to post. lol

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 06:53:58 AM »
what are you on about?

Wargames Factory, Warlord Games, Gripping Beast, Immortal, Victrix and Perry off the top of my head... Perry are top notch dogs danglies in plastic, the rest aren't... degrees of aren't, but aren't... I'd say that's a majority of todays ranges...

and I never said quality plastics can't be produced - some of the stuff from 32 years ago are quality plastics, as is some of todays stuff... you're the one that got it in your head that I'm antiplastic...

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:08 AM »
There was I thinking antiplastic was a starter in a fancy pizzeria...:~}
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline arktos

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:58 AM »
Thank you for your review my friend.
Personally i don't like the design on the guns and maybe the shoulder boards, but that's my opinion.

Let's all agree that plastic is the future and if we have our issues with the companys, let's contact them sharing with them our ideas and suggestions if we want the future of our hobby to be better.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 08:45:44 AM »
There was I thinking antiplastic was a starter in a fancy pizzeria...:~}

Oh, how I dislike that stuff.  lol

I like the basic rifles the troops had but otherwise the figures themselves weren't for me. On the note of GW fans going nutty over these things I have evidence of that. A good friend of mine purchased a number of them along with the zombies and Mantic's ghouls too I believe. The shock troopers were planned to be used as guardsmen for his Inquisitorial force, or were they witch-hunters?

Please keep it friendly, you two. I mightn't be a moderator, but it still bothers me to see squabbling over the silly notion of individual opinions. Keep it out of our faces, friends. :)
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »
Please keep it friendly, you two.

hey... the only thing I commented on was product...

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »
They are crap, sorry. I am not too keen on plastics in general, but I know GW has some decent plastics (among the hordes of horrid ones), and Perry seem nice, and Warlord makes some ECW ones that I am mildly interested in. But these are simply horrible in my opinion.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »
I have the ECW command sprue - ok, not brilliant, the hair in particular is a bit soft on detail, but then it's one of those poncey ringlet type do's that was fashionable so would be tricky to cast I guess...

and by a coincidence I received some bits kindly sent by some Frothers for a project - Perry British Line infantry bodies and WF Numidian arms (as I needed bare arms)...

the Perry are absolutely lovely sculpts and I'm only looking at the bodies/legs  :-* - seriously tempted to do Nappy skirmish...

the WF arms - they barely have defined fingers... poopoo of the highest order, but I need bare arms and it's them or Catachan steroid freaks....   >:(

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 04:41:20 AM »
the WF arms - they barely have defined fingers... poopoo of the highest order, but I need bare arms and it's them or Catachan steroid freaks....   >:(

You can have all of my Catachan arms. I will NEVER have a use for them. :o