Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:56:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Questions from a beginner  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Daysman

• Librarian
Questions from a beginner
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:38:45 PM »
Hi,

This Saturday I will play my first 45A   ;D  ;D

3 teams (1 of adventurers and 2 of villains) and a game-master (my-self)

I still have some small questions about the rules :

-   Page 5: how to play “crawl only” ?

-   When do I have to use the rule “Knocked Down” (page 6) and the other “Knocked Out” (page 11)?

-   Page 7: Ignoble failure : the close combat weapon is broken. Is the fist also broken as another weapon?

-   Page 11, first paragraph: When A grade 1 is hit, but not killed (6-10 roll), can he make a save roll as a kill roll (1-5 roll) ? If yes, does that mean that a killed model passing a save is wounded and a not-killed passing a save is completely saved ?

-   My board is a Jungle; I would like to make encounter markers with a tiger. Do I use the stats of a grade 1 but Brains = 0, Will=0, Heater=0, … ? Other idea ?

Thanks in advance ! :D

On  Sunday, I will post the pictures of the figth  ;)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Questions from a beginner
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:44:43 PM »
1) Crawl: 1" movement. No run. No move and shoot.

2) Knocked down would be a special situation that is entirely dependent on scenario or player actions. A model that tries to jump onto a moving truck and fails may have to pass a Dodge test or be Knocked Down.

3) Knocked Out: Look at the Grade 2 and Grade 3 archetypes. When their head or torso location is completely crossed off, they are Knocked Out.

4) Fist is not broken. It's the benefit to using the fists instead of a weapon.

5) If a model "saves" because of a high Defensive Rating, then no wound is scored.

6) Stats always have to have at least a 1. Even a Lion can be "smart" in avoiding a dangerous situation. Look at what i did for the Ibyssian Golden Lion here  http://www.rattrapproductions.com/speakeasy/viewtopic.php?t=2436

I look forward to seeing your game and feel free to fire away with any questions.

Oh, and one tip, when in doubt about how to handle something, have the player make  a stat test. Don't stop the game to look up rules unless you know specifically where it is. Make sure all players are aware that you may get some rules wrong but the having fun with the story is the important part.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Daysman

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »
Thank you Operator 5 ! It's clear now

One more question : how to take an equipment from an enemy ? A stat test or after a combat when the enemy is K.O. ?

Btw, I really appreciate your work !! The rules book are very cool.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
Ahhh, taking something from an enemy. You can attempt to wrestle away an item that someone else is holding. You must be in base contact and beat them by 5 or more in a comparative Brawn test (both players roll d10 and add Brawn score if the model attempting to take it wins by 5 or more, they seize the item).  Also, if a model in base contact attempts to take an item, they do not get a free strike during that turn if the opposing model leaves close combat.