Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:09:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689754
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Project: More Pics Added!  (Read 24662 times)

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
Re: Dungeon Bash Project: Updated 19Nov11
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2011, 05:46:13 PM »
This is good, real good.
Great work.

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »
Thanks all.

I like them! I'm afraid you've tipped me into a further purchase from Ral Partha to get those ogres - they're perfect!

Ral Partha certainly have some excellent and affordable wares for the old-school fantasy gamer!  I love browsing through their site as I always seem to stumble upon some new strangeness that get my juices going (if you know what I mean). 

I've looked at the fantasy trip (not for me), and advanced fighting fantasy... but am intrigued by what you mention about modding the coreheim rules - would you be prepared to share these? (If so I'll drop you a pm)

I've almost finished writing up my 'own' rules having play-tested them to satisfaction.  As I wrote earlier they're based on a mish-mash of Mordheim, Coreheim and Advanced HeroQuest.  I'd be happy to send you a PDF version, but please bear-in-mind that they're work-in-progress and still need a fair bit of editing!  Also, I've yet to write up the magic items and Cleric prayers... 

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »
Lots of old skool goodness there. Fantastically painted and they definitely fit in well together. Can't wait to see the write-ups of the dungeon crawls.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
Apologies for getting to the party late - not sure how I missed this thread - apart from not being around much lately...  ::)

Cracking project you've got here - just read from the start and it sounds like I was drawn into fantasy in a similar manner - although only got a few games of Advanvced Heroquest in on the copy my old mate owned.

The dungeon tiles are looking great and I'm liking your choice in minis - I have the other variant of the Otherworld toad sat before on my painting desk as I type! Ral Partha and Redbox are obviously companies I should check out if I can ever kick my citadel habit...

Anyway - Top Work!

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 10:48:11 PM »
Cheers guys.

Cracking project you've got here - just read from the start and it sounds like I was drawn into fantasy in a similar manner - although only got a few games of Advanvced Heroquest in on the copy my old mate owned.

It's funny how many of our generation were introduced to this pastime in more-or-less exactly the same way (id est, HeroQuest and/or Space Crusade).  I take it you're a lover of fantasy literature, too? 

Not much to report at the present as I've been working on a gaming board over the weekend.  Here's a couple of Ral Partha giant Stag Beetles I finished last week:

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 11:43:38 PM »
Well I do have a fairly large library of Fighting Fantasy and Lone Wolf game books if that counts!

Mind you - apart from Tolkien, the odd bit of Alan Garner and the Conan novels I don't actually read a great deal of fantasy literature - Arthur C Clarke and Zombie novels seem to have tempted me away!

Sadly rulebooks like Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd and 2nd ed. feature quite highly on my reading list...  :D

Nice beetles - I shall have to come back here for inspiration when I get painting my gribblies - got a load of the old citadel creepy crawlies which should be a nice strain on the eyes!

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 01:13:25 AM »
Great new additions since last I stopped in here. The bonebacks are great and I dig those Schwarze Auge beetles. I eventually went with the prepaint D&D ones (heresy, I know) but these tempted me.

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
Re: Dungeon Crawl Project: Updated 28.May.mmxii
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »
Well, that was a seriously long break.  I haven't really touched anything gaming related for a few months, but after rummaging through my paint-station-hideaway-desk-thing over the weekend and unearthing some of the cool models I'd amassed for the Dungeon Crawl Project I knew the time was right to dive right back in.  And here's today's effort:

I know: 'not more freaking Bob Olley', you're thinking, but I really can't get enough of this stuff.  Hopefully I will get more done over the coming weeks/months/years/decades (delete as appropriate).    Oh yes and my rules - By Might and Magic - are nearing completion, too (or, rather, they were when I put them down about six months ago...). 

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
Oh he's great  :-*

Glad to see you back in action.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »
Love that giant! Nice smooth job!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 06:56:10 PM »
Nice Giant.  :-*

I enjoyed giving the entire project thread another look over as well.  :D

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 06:57:20 PM »
 That is really nice.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »

Very nice indeed 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 01:37:48 AM »
Being a fellow Bob Olley tragic I am really not at all bothered by you posting this miniature!!! Great work!  :-* :-*

Offline Stahlfürst

• Assistant
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 10:36:16 PM »
Very nice stuff on the whole thread! Being a hero quest and RPG veteran, I'm easily tempted by dungeons.

I have some of these minis myself - the stag beetles, the heresy giant slugs and the RBG goblins. All great miniatures, and all unpained, of course. I also like Olley's giants/ogres/trolls and toyed with the idea to get some, but I went with Otherworld for ogres and Reaper for trolls.

Keep it up!