Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:37:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lead Painters' League Season 6 Rules  (Read 69072 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: Lead Painters' League Season 6 Rules
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »
It's not really possibly to compare the seasons as we have extented this time the voter bonus points to max of 20. And in the Season 1 and 2 we've got only a max of 5.

...and there are other changes between other seasons so you're right.

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »
Is would love one clarification on round 10.  I understand that the initial team needs to be maritime related.  Do their opponents also need to be maritime related as well?  For example could you have 5 sailors in obvious navy garb fighting with 5 street toughs with no obvious naval elements?

Thanks

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline akanous

• Assistant
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »

Quote from: phreedh
4. What level of pre-publishing is ok for a team to still count as new? When doing the "end of the year" summary on my blog I posted pics of minis in my painting queue. Some are primed, others had a few colours base coated. Nothing detailed, and no connection to the LPL so I'm pretty sure it's safe to enter them, just want it confirmed. =)

Showed only primed or only based or both would be alright. As long as not painted.

Apologies if this is too pedantic, but the rules note that pictures cannot be shown elsewhere on the LAF while those figures are active in the LPL.  Can we thus post pictures to our personal blogs, separate from LAF, provided we do not provide any links between the two?  I only ask because I update my own blog seldom enough that participation in LPL might be several months of it "going dark."  :)

Thanks,
Alex

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
While we await the official answer... Keep in mind that you can post the images on you blog after the team competes... They may be a week or more out of date but are
Still great blog fodder.

This is my plan.

Blue

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »

Showed only primed or only based or both would be alright. As long as not painted.

Apologies if this is too pedantic, but the rules note that pictures cannot be shown elsewhere on the LAF while those figures are active in the LPL.  Can we thus post pictures to our personal blogs, separate from LAF, provided we do not provide any links between the two?  I only ask because I update my own blog seldom enough that participation in LPL might be several months of it "going dark."  :)

Thanks,
Alex

The policy has been hereto that no entries should have been published anywhere before they are posted in the LPL. An exclusive first of the completed entry is a prerequisite of entering the competition. I can't remember what the deal is with WIPs but I think it says in the rules.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
Is would love one clarification on round 10.  I understand that the initial team needs to be maritime related.  Do their opponents also need to be maritime related as well?  For example could you have 5 sailors in obvious navy garb fighting with 5 street toughs with no obvious naval elements?

Yes, everything has to be maritime related, the initial team and the opponents.

You may not to post them elsewhere as long as your team is running (a week long). After the end of the round you're free to do what you want with it.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
Forgive me if I have missed anything - I haven't read all of the postings - but my initial reaction is that the LPL is moving firmly back to being a painting contest, plain and simple.   ::)  I for one applaud this wholeheartedly.

I may even try and enter this one. 

Will I be able to stand comments about "no scenery " though.   ;)   lol

Well, had there been a shortage of plain painting competitions perhaps I would agree. As things stand I am glad the LPL is different.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »
thanks, guys, but please, this is a rules thread, for general talking is this one:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=37134.0

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
LPL always was a painting contest.

Anyone who thinks Frank won because of his Photoshop skills is deluding himself.

This was really unnecessary, Dylan, nobody said anything about Frank.

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »
Sorry, Alex. I think I'd better just stay away from LPL talk. It brings out the worst in me.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
Here is something I've always wondered... if you do an artillery section, would the gun and 4 gunners be considered a complete team?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
Here is something I've always wondered... if you do an artillery section, would the gun and 4 gunners be considered a complete team?

No.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
No.

Damn!

Though that is the answer I expected...  :)

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 02:56:48 AM »
I have a "team" of skeletons from the 1980's, Citadel and Grenadier, that I'm working on but one of the miniatures (a citadel(?) skeleton archer I got from ebay) I'm not sure of the date. I think it is pre '91 but I can't find it on Solegends. Is it okay to post a pic of it (unpainted) on here to attempt to see if anyone can identify it.

Cheers.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 04:11:01 AM »
Not sure if this comes under the lorry clarification or the horse and rider rule. Would a unit of 3 dwarfs & 3 gyrocopters be 6 figures or 3?
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;