Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:29:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Launched!  (Read 24946 times)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Launched!
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »

I'm very pleased to announce the launch of the Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Program!

If you are unfamiliar with Kickstarter, it is a website that allows a company to get the funding they need for a new product or service, directly from fans and potential customers. I am using Kickstarter get the funding needed to produce box sets for the game. These sets will include 5 unique 30mm miniatures, 5 premium Character Cards and a "quickstart" rulebook, all packaged in a handy foam-lined plastic case that you can use to store and transport your figures.

Potential backers are essentially pre-ordering one or more of the upcoming box sets, in addition to bundled deals with scenery pieces, and even the opportunity to create your very own character or gang that will be permanently added to the storyline for the game world!

For more information, please visit my Kickstarter page at:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1763460781/blackwater-gulch-gangfights-in-the-old-west

There, you will find all the information on how to support the game, and what different packages are offered, in addition to sample sculpts and concept art for new figures that that will be included.

So, please check it out, and for more information on the game you can visit my website at http://www.gangfightgames.com

Thanks!

Tim @ Gangfight Games

PS: Here's a new sculpt I just got from Brother Vinni, haven't shown him off yet :)

Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
  • Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Re: Blackwater Gulch Kickstarter Launched!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:13:55 AM »
I'll be signing up this payday  :)
Zombies you can outrun - the mistakes of your fellow Heroes you cannot.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 03:09:42 AM »
Thanks in advance :)

Got 4 backers already :)

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »
I'll be signing up for this to.  already downloaded the trial rules and they look great!

- Just pledged my money.  Your kick-starter looks to be off to a great start!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:28:30 AM by meatpuppet7 »
In hoc signo vinces

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »

Just over $1000 in the first 12 hours! Almost a third of the way there :)

Offline doublenot7

• Bookworm
  • Enimo Et Fide
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »
I gave the rules a thorough 5 minute review (LOL) so I'm surely missing details but had a few quick questions:

Regarding the firearms:
Why are there different levels of weapons?

There are black powder percussion cap weapons mixed in groups with cartridge loaded weapons, is there no difference game wise for loading?

Amongst the various strength ratings there are weapons of inferior calibers rated higher than other superior calibers, also some weapons that were typically the same calibers but they have different strength ratings.  Am I being too strict here for a game or am I missing something?

Sorry, don't mean to nag!  I'm certainly coming from a mostly uniformed position as far as the game rules are concerned.  I just wanted to take the opportunity to inquire.  The game does look promising and I plan to direct our groups attention to these (they are not members here).  We currently play 3 different sets of Western rules along with doing some Cowboy shooting.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »
Simple answer is, I didn't really take calibers or anything like that into account. The levels and weapon stats are what they are just for game balance and flavor. For example any weapon could be renamed to something else, what I was more concerned with is game balance. In fact, I'll be doing different games based on the same rules and most guns in the new game will have these same stats, just different names and pictures. So, I went through some old gun catalogs I found online and just picked some cool sounding and looking guns and the rest was history :)

The game is fictional, based on history, but it's definitely not a history lesson (because I'm not smart enough to teach people anything :) ). It's more hollywood western than historical western. The most important guns I wanted to feature were the Colt 45 and Winchester, but I needed more than 2 guns in the game :)

Offline scarabstudio

• Schoolboy
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »
Signed up.  Looking forward to this!
Well, I'm the seventh out of seven sons
My pappy was a pistol
I'm a son of a gun

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »
Signed up today, good luck!
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
I'm totally into this. BUT? All I want is certain figs. Mostly the kneeling Outlaw.
I can't find all the pics of figs is on the site anymore. The online store only has a couple.
Never tell me the odds.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »
Thanks guys!

If you go to the news section of the site you should be able to see the pics in there, you'll have to scroll down a bit. Also there's pics on the Kickstarter page. For the kickstarter, if you do $10 you can select 1 fig of your choice, from either set. if you do $20 you can pick 3.

None of the miniatures are made yet, so you won't find them in my online store :) I don't expect to have the metal for the first set figs until May at least, which is why I have a release date of June on the page.

Offline doublenot7

• Bookworm
  • Enimo Et Fide
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
Thanks, Necro!  I wasn't so concerned if the grain measurement for each weapon was not cross referenced on the periodic table, LOL.  The game looks good and the presentation eye candy factor is high!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 01:20:22 AM »
One question, please.
Will there be mounted and dismounted of the same figure?
I hope so.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 02:13:49 AM »
Yes that's the plan :) When I finally get around to doing horses, I'm thinking I'll have a few different horse sculpts and then that will come with the same figure on foot and on horseback. I'll probably have the horses generic so they can be used for all figures, and the mounted guy will have the saddle part and legs molded together sort of. That way I could also use the same horses for other things, like stage coaches :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
Thanks folks, it's all funded now!!

Working hard getting the info and art together for the Native American gang if I can make it to $6000, and that will be followed by Mexicans at $9000 .. basically a new set for every 3k I can get :)