Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691080
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 9
Guests: 766
Total: 775

Recent

Author Topic: Adventures in Hyboria with CROM  (Read 22878 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Another Conan-Project
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »
I love all the new addition...you're becoming prolific. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline luidinuovo

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 06:24:24 PM »
Great,more.

Offline southheaven

• Librarian
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
I achive the illusion of productivity by getting my lazy ass down and finishing some half painted miniatures. ;)

Today iīve played architect and started building the city. Much "inspiration" has been taken from Matakishiīs blog. I say "inspiration" because i nearly rebuild some of the buildings. :D
I took photos nearly hourly so you can follow the progress. The "kitchen table" is 120x75cm.

1500 - some buildings have been done previously

1600 - for ease of storage a small house(upper left corner) will fit into a slightly larger house and two larger houses will fit into a big house(right)

1700 - didnīt want plain house fronts for the big houses like with the smaller buildings so i had to become creative which took time

1800 - had some tea, started building the Matakishi Tower

1900 - finished tower, build two small additions for the roofs of the big houses. They will fit in two up to that empty empty house when packed away.

2000 - started getting tired, made some of those white doors you can add to buildings to have additional, modular placable exits.

2100 - rearranged the table and made some additional archways

2200 - really tired, started building the prison

What i still need at least is a two stories house, two houses with some garden and a big temple.

[EDIT]0000 - build two additional simple buildings since i realized there are still 120x45cm to fill and you canīt have enough of them.
Going to bed now. :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:55:43 PM by southheaven »
http://nftu.wordpress.com/ (german language)

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »
Nice buildings!  :-*

I really need to make myself some buildings like this.
They work for so many different genres.
Conan, Pulp, Cthulhu, even Modern Warfare.

I like your updated collection of miniatures as well.

Offline verd

• Scientist
    • El Senyor Verd
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »
I really love this project. Great stuff!

Offline southheaven

• Librarian
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
@aggro84 I watched a tutorial video once. They used spray paints to color the gaming surface and left over pink foam, which they painted grey as Line of sight blocker. They had am ugly, but playable gaming terrain in about 2hours or so. But it was the last sentence, they spoke in this video, which has been my terrainbuilding credo ever since: "Perfect is nice, but done is beautiful."
You can easily fill a complete table with the boxy buildings in a couple of hours once you have the measurements and start assembling them efficiently. When you have simple terrain for a complete table you can start taking your time and begin replacing them with something more elaborate. So go on, start building! ;)

Oh, look! A sun dial! :P Iīm running a little bit out of time, especially when doing things like this.

Here is the city gate. I donīt know, where i got the idea to put it in the corner like that, but it wasnīt mine. The small area will be the starting point.

The temple, step by step. It isnīt finished yet, since i had to make a sun dial! ::)

Will finish assembling the temple today and then have a look, if enough of the gaming surface is covered or if i need to make more.

[EDIT]I KNEW IT!!! Hardly have enough buildings to cover the area. :P Lucky me, i did make another one of each house this morning, but i still need 1-2 buildings or lots of small stuff, like the market stalls iīm planing to make.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:07:06 PM by southheaven »

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »
A great looking town and a good selection of miniatures, fun games are only moments away!
DonVoss put his city gate on a corner (here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=33078.0) it's a good idea so I think I'll do the same when I get round to doing some more specific Conan scenery. So much to do, so little time...

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
Fantastic; this is really coming together. You should be happy with your results.

I'm impressed by the speed of this! Are you planning on basing the buildings or leaving them as they are?

Cheers
Andy

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 08:52:25 AM »
Looks splendid.
What are you using for your walls? Is it black foamcore board?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline luidinuovo

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »
 :o :o :o
All very nice, I like.Unfortunately not as the pace and the patience to such a beautiful building built.What you used for a material.
regards

Offline southheaven

• Librarian
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 11:14:59 PM »
Wow, iīm actually loosing weight because of this project.  :D

The black foam is impact sound protection(Trittschallschutz) for parquet. Itīs a house brand from a DIY market here in Germany.

@oldskoolrebel All the buildings do have floors, so there will be no further basing.

@Matakishi Ha! Thatīs the thread that started this madness! I was intriuged by DonVoss buildings and when i found your Crom rules there was no turning back in starting my own Conan project. So you and DonVoss are to blame! :P ;)

Today i have been in need for a change, so i started painting the last minitures. Took much longer than expected. Have done four heroes and civilians and have 13 warrior at the brink of finishedness. So all but one lone roman slave girl will be finished by sunday. Although all sche needs is here dress, so maybe... ::)

Necromancer from Kithai(Reaper), Aquilonian Soldier(Warlord Games), two Slaves(foundry) and a wild crocodile(unknown)

Offline luidinuovo

• Scientist
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 08:40:21 AM »
And a wild Boar in the Back of this lovley Minis,great Work.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
This is really coming together. If there is one thing I am lacking it's the ability to stay focused on things I find less interesting than others: e.g. constructing buildings etc. Your town is coming together beautifully and I am really impressed by what I can see. I'd be screaming after having done one of them...

I also like your miniatures. Great choice, nice painting. I hope you'll keep on posting pics of the games later...
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2012, 05:51:38 AM »
Nice additions. :-*
Good use of the Roman as a proxy Aquilonian.

Offline Sybou

• Bookworm
    • Sybou's lair ...
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2012, 10:02:38 AM »
Hum, I m pretty sure the wild crocodile is from the manufacturer kinder surprise.

Otherwise, I m really impressed by all the buildings you built, i can see it was a lot of work. The modular doors are also a very good idea.

Nice project.
Here you can see my stuffs!!!

http://sybouslair.blogspot.co.uk