Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:59:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Herring Jävlar! PICS! AND TEXT! 11/9 p 16  (Read 40065 times)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Herring Jävlar! PICS! AND TEXT! 11/9 p 16
« on: January 26, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »
For this years Gubbspel Galore, I'm planning to do some post-apocalyptic battles set in the west coastian archipelago. The background is rather flimsy at the moment. All I've decided for it that the main factions will be the Families Utbult and Inhult. There will also be the Cannibals, crabmen and a lot of strange things. I hope to do some better write up when I'm not having the flu o_o

Anyhow, here's the first smaller lighthouse:
Wip

And the finished piece

I fucked up a bit with the lichens, so I need to throw on a glaze or two with some orange.
Group shot

And whats on the painting table (Paint Something Season 7, here I come!)

(The fisherman are all from Lead Adventure Miniatures and the zombies from Tengu).

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:44:53 PM by Silversixx »

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Re: Herring Jävlar
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
The light-house looks great! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this progresses!
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:18:07 PM »
I've got my head so far up my own butt that I almost only ever click 'show new replies to your posts' and miss out on stuff like this!

Damn this is going to be great! :-*
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:54:46 PM »
That looks great! I am having déjà vu at the moment too ;) :D
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 05:07:58 AM »
Those zombies are by Tengu Silversixx.  Great start to your new project! :-*  I look forward to seeing what you will do next!

Darkoath

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:25:17 AM »
What a good start  8)

Really like the lighthouse  :-*

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
The light-house looks great! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Well, if it goes as my other projects, this is probably the final things you'll see lol
I've got my head so far up my own butt that I almost only ever click 'show new replies to your posts' and miss out on stuff like this!

Damn this is going to be great! :-*
I'm also way up my butt and press "Show new replies...", but I'm glad you didn't this time :)
And did you note that I wrote all the manufacturers? ;)
That looks great! I am having déjà vu at the moment too ;) :D
You should! Isn't it time to take the boat out and get some fish, Guy? ;)
Love the nest with the egg in it. You could get some sort of big flying monster to defend it.

You HAVE to get some deep ones or something too. Cant have coastal adventure sans fish men.
I've had different plans on that regard. You see, Seagulls are considered pest in these parts of the world (if you live remotely near to the coast, you can bet that you'll get woken up at 6 in the morning when all the Seagulls have decided to take a nap at your balcony or roof.
I got some deep ones plan, but I'm not 100 percent about the execution. I'm trying to fulfill my promise not to buy new stuff. So the only way to get new miniatures is to trade :)
Those zombies are by Tengu Silversixx.  Great start to your new project! :-*  I look forward to seeing what you will do next!

Darkoath

So do I. Started carving on a rock piece that will field yet another Lighthouse (I know, great variety there). Since it's a bloody rocky Archipelago, there's a great need for them. That's up next, followed by some misc items such as bouys and them poles you got in the water to show on which side to pass, unless you wish to bust your boat and die. Followed by the first island. My hope's are to do a 4x4 board.

What a good start  8)

Really like the lighthouse  :-*

cheers

James
Thank you James! :)

The first scenario will be an attempt by the Utbults to stop Glenn-Björn Inhult to show up at the Saltholmen Olympics. Being the reigning champion in crab-tennis and all (yes, I'm trying to find a suitable tennis/fisherman miniature)...

Here are the pics for my "To build after the cliff with lighthouse"
I know what they're called in Swedish, but totally forgot the English name.

Followed by an island inspired by these two (very shrunk in scale though, otherwise there won't be board at all to take your boat around:
Stenskär

Böttö

I'm also considering to do this 300.000 euro boathouse into a bunker for the Utbults:

It doesn't stop there. But, based on myself, I'd get bored with such a long text after a while :D

Cheers!

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »
Forgot that I took some angle pics:

The last pic show its real colour more precise than the first pic :)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »
I would give a kidney to live on that red house that covers the entire island. I always have wanted to live on a tiny little isolated island. Was it a fortress once? There seems to be the remains of a tower in the right foreground.
If you're talking about the middle one it used to be a house for the lighthouse master and his family. The great shipping route passes right by and it's rather full of rocks and reefs to navigate through. Nowadays it's owned by a couple of families that have it as a family retreat (they also rent it out for weekends for a rather cheap penny). Apparently the house has been rebuilt a couple of times, mostly due to storms and boats hitting it right on...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
 :o :o :o

This is great, Skander.
Absolutely, and appropriately for you, stark raving bonkers, but absolutely fantastic and imaginative.
 :-* :-* :-*

I will be keeping an eye on this one. Oh yes!

If I can help in any way (have those zombies that we mentioned before, plus others) just let me know.
 ;)

Would also like to say that you live in a fascinating place, very quirky.
It could explain a lot about you crazy Scandinavian types.... ;)

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »
@Paul:
Cheers! :)
I might take you up on the vixen offer, and I even found some stuff here that you'd be more happy with than me ;)
Can't really call it fascinating though lol Fascination for me is, say losing against Leeds...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:29:16 PM by Silversixx »

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 09:52:35 PM »
This is such a great project! Looking forward to the next update (and seeing it at Gubbspel ofcourse ;) )

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:49 PM »
Beautiful weathering, sir. Don't let this project go - we have to see a whole board!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »
@Paul:
Cheers! :)
I might take you up on the vixen offer, and I even found some stuff here that you'd be more happy with than me ;)
Can't really call it fascinating though lol Fascination for me is, say losing against Leeds...

Ok, mate.
Just let me know.

(BTW: I am not a Tottingham supporter.
I am with the fellas who put Villa out on Friday night,,,, ;))

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
Ok, mate.
Just let me know.

(BTW: I am not a Tottingham supporter.
I am with the fellas who put Villa out on Friday night,,,, ;))

I will!
And if the last part is true, you wouldn't mind going to game next time I'm in London? At the Den?

This is such a great project! Looking forward to the next update (and seeing it at Gubbspel ofcourse ;) )
Of course you will! Eh... Well, of course maybe you will...

Beautiful weathering, sir. Don't let this project go - we have to see a whole board!
Thank you! I want to see the whole board as well lol I just want somebody else to finish it up for me ;D
If I am ever in Sweden I am renting that house for a weekend. Always wanted to be a lighthouse keeper as a kid.

So let me get this straight, those photos are from where you live? If so you have a stunning part of the world you call home. Bonus is there are swedish chicks everywhere round those parts too.  ;D

I concur with those that have said you cant let this one fall by the wayside. Its just too cool. Due to your austerity drive with new minis I am more than happy to hunt through the lead mountain if you find you need a fig or two you dont have.
There are quite many places you can live. And since we got the freedom to roam, you can basically put a tent up everywhere you want in the wild. Not in somebodies lawn like a couple did last year, but almost :) Perfect for taking a kajak somewhere and enjoying nature.

They're from where I live. But Tomek is the one who knows the area best with his history of tutoring sailing courses during the summer :) I can't really say that I found it very amazing, but I do understand that it's a thing about perception and not appreciating what you got next doors.

Haha, no worries lol I might do a trade though? Two cans of snus for some miniatures? :)