Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blood on the Sands **NEW** Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears...  (Read 193336 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Congratulations Frank. Well deserved  :)

Seconded, fantastic news, I am very, very pleased for you. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great news.  :D

Well done.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Excellent news, and some I shall spread to the adoring fans who've playtested it with me!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline swordman

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
at last, good news!

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
Congrats, Frank, wholeheartedly. :)

I know you went to great lengths writing these rules, and you were certainly way too tough on yourself while finding the 'right' shape. So it's good to know that finally someone's willing to honour your hard work and adopt the rules for publication.
Even judged by early drafts (sorry for being such an awfully lazy playtester…) they were highly enjoyable, and there's a lot of potential.

Hope they will run well for you and your publisher. Well deserved.

Offline Eithriall

• Scientist
  • Ars longa, vita brevis
Great news ! ...but I can't really tell that I'm surprised.  :D

Now, as Dr. De'Ath said :
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”Robert E. Howard, The Tower of The Elephant, 1933

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
WOO HOO!  That's great news!!!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Rhubarb633

• Assistant
    • My Blog - Two Rounds Rapid (Toast, tea and table-top wargaming)
Best news I read all week! Congrats and well done Frank.
"I was hoping for a battle of wits, but you appear to be unarmed"

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Thank you everyone for all the kind words.  :)

Without the support and assistance of all the quality folk here on the Lead Adventure Forum, I fear none of this would ever have been possible. I will remain eternally grateful for everyone who has ever read this post and commented in it, or dropped me a pm here, or on my blog, with words of encouragement; let alone those who actually play-tested the rules for me (with copious amounts of cardboard chits and empty ink cartridges), suggesting changes and improvements to help better game play.

In particular I must thank Dr Mathias again, for without his wonderful artwork, BotS would never have gathered as much interest as it has. At this time the good Dr's art will make an appearance in the final product, with the good news being that hopefully he will gain a commission for some more stuff in the near future.

There are others who deserve a personal mention as well, but I think it best that I contact them in private.  :)

The publisher has some nice things planned for BotS and we still don't know what the final product will consist of exactly. Be assured that the game will remain true to my original concept, but will be presented in a much more polished and playable format.

Again thanks LAF.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Well done Frank! Awesome news, and duly deserved :D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
The one time I playtested this a for a few games I was blown away by how deeply interesting you managed to make a single combat game! I would love a fantasy themed spin-off as well.  :D
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Nice one Frank  8) 8) 8)

pm inbound.

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
Awesome! I actually had an arena built specifically with the goal of playing this game, so I'm glad it's coming out  :) Please tell me that it's going to remain a miniatures game, and please tell me the scale is going to remain at 28mm!

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Again thanks gents.  :)

Awesome! I actually had an arena built specifically with the goal of playing this game, so I'm glad it's coming out  :) Please tell me that it's going to remain a miniatures game, and please tell me the scale is going to remain at 28mm!

It will certainly remain a miniatures game, but we are not entirely sure yet how complete the game components will be. There are discussions about providing miniatures and everything else required to play, in a board game type setup. Of course there will be nothing stopping us war gamers from being able to use our own toys and terrain, of the scale we choose.  :)

Offline Justin Buck

• Scientist
    • The Parade Ground
That is great news! I've been envious of everyone who has been play testing the rules.  Now I get a chance to throw my hat into the ring!  Any idea of a time frame why they might be out?

Justin