Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?  (Read 22994 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2014, 05:21:25 PM »
In his defense, they ignore you if you contact them privately.   They only way to get them to address you is if you address them on a public forum.  They've taught and enforced that lesson, now they can reap the rewards of it.

Yep, but still didn't get an answer. If nobody says anything on the forums they don't know he got pulled anyway on the Zombie one....Nascar with multiple tracks.....
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline bubba242

• Assistant
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »
So, I've been talking to a Matt on the iello Facebook page ( the French one ) and he has been saying that they will be dealing with people on a case by case basis. I pointed out to him that some of the more vocal and brusque people have been refunded whereas my politer requests have felt ignored. He replied with this response.

Yes, we started to refund backers, and we dealt with the more vocal, negative (and insulting, really) people first, for obvious reasons.
This absolutely doesn't mean that we are overlooking the other, more polite backers, and we will answer to all the requests via KS PM. Refunding someone is not done with just a click, it's definitely a longer process than what everyone seems to believe. But now that it started, it should just be a matter of days. Anyway, we're still giving refunds on a case-to-case basis, because we haven't failed this project. We will deliver the game as promised.
We will also be posting a new update today, and hope we can resume a decent communication with the backers who decided to trust and support us, now that all the negativity is gone.

Now, he has done a couple of things there.
* promised an update...today
* done the backhanded ' you need to trust us silly customer and show your backbone while continuing to support us' tactic that we have seen previously.

The first one means....meh to me at the moment, considering how useless - and condescending - the last one was. The second p***es me right off because it implies I need to grow a pair and get through all this. It's the attitude that turned me from 'wait and see' to 'bugger it, I'm out'.

He also basically has said that he will not be answering anymore questions on the page about the KS and that I should contact them via facebook. Last time I did that I got the ' We will consider your request and inform you soon' response. And, as a late backer, I don't have access to the kickstarter to make comments and have questions answered.

At this point, short of them saying, " Sorry we we're as****es about all this, here you are, here's what we promised and it will be done by this date," I just want a refund and an end to it. Too many other things my meager hobby budget can be spent on.

In frustration,

Bubba242

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
So, I've been talking to a Matt on the iello Facebook page ( the French one ) and he has been saying that they will be dealing with people on a case by case basis. I pointed out to him that some of the more vocal and brusque people have been refunded whereas my politer requests have felt ignored. He replied with this response.

Yes, we started to refund backers, and we dealt with the more vocal, negative (and insulting, really) people first, for obvious reasons.
This absolutely doesn't mean that we are overlooking the other, more polite backers, and we will answer to all the requests via KS PM. Refunding someone is not done with just a click, it's definitely a longer process than what everyone seems to believe. But now that it started, it should just be a matter of days. Anyway, we're still giving refunds on a case-to-case basis, because we haven't failed this project. We will deliver the game as promised.
We will also be posting a new update today, and hope we can resume a decent communication with the backers who decided to trust and support us, now that all the negativity is gone.

Now, he has done a couple of things there.
* promised an update...today
* done the backhanded ' you need to trust us silly customer and show your backbone while continuing to support us' tactic that we have seen previously.

The first one means....meh to me at the moment, considering how useless - and condescending - the last one was. The second p***es me right off because it implies I need to grow a pair and get through all this. It's the attitude that turned me from 'wait and see' to 'bugger it, I'm out'.

He also basically has said that he will not be answering anymore questions on the page about the KS and that I should contact them via facebook. Last time I did that I got the ' We will consider your request and inform you soon' response. And, as a late backer, I don't have access to the kickstarter to make comments and have questions answered.

At this point, short of them saying, " Sorry we we're as****es about all this, here you are, here's what we promised and it will be done by this date," I just want a refund and an end to it. Too many other things my meager hobby budget can be spent on.

In frustration,

Bubba242

The funny thing is their inept management of the project, shoddy product swaps from the concepts that was sold to us and piss poor communication is what caused the negative comments in the first place....then when they failed to put on their big boy panties and take the helm with better communication and leadership they spiral out of control and the company seems to be run by a mix of the three stooges and drunken frat boys. They are displacing the blame and doing smoke and mirrors again (it is not us, i it is them)....they are cleaning house now hoping to get positive people posting and cheerleaders so they can do other future KS. Yea, I am just going to watch the wreck happen.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »
I translate it as "we don't have to refund, and will only do so for sure if you are mean to us and hurt our feelings.  If you are polite, we'll consider it, but since you don't post negative things we are a lot less likely too.  You'll eventually get exactly what We Promised*.  In the mean time, we'll refuse to communicate via official KS mechanisms because anything we say there is likely to be used against us once it is found to be deception or a lie."

Of course, the vitriol the dislike so much stems directly from their poor communication and deception to begin with.  Refusing to address the polite folks via the KS mechanisms will only cause some of the patient/polite backers to become assholes, because they have taught the lesson that being an asshole gets your refund processed, being polite gets you ignored.

*That what We Promised really needs to be defined by them and acknowledged by the remaining backers.  In my opinion, they promised detailed minis which cannot be met by the current plan to use the same digital renders they are using now.  Those renders just do not have the detail needed to result in the detailed castings I believe were promised during the funding period.

Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2014, 04:02:13 PM »
I received my refund today.  I had to ask what the status of my request was, silence for a few days, then ask again while pointing our that they were refunding people that never asked for a refund.  I also pointed out in the comments that this was a pretty obvious case of bait and switch.  After all that, suddenly I am refunded!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
I received my refund today.  I had to ask what the status of my request was, silence for a few days, then ask again while pointing our that they were refunding people that never asked for a refund.  I also pointed out in the comments that this was a pretty obvious case of bait and switch.  After all that, suddenly I am refunded!

Iello Super-Villain: "Igor....silence that one..."

Igor: "Yes master..." <click>*REFUND*

Iello SV: "Excellent, soon we will have a legion of yes men (and women) that will make us looks like heroes once we deliver this steaming pile of crap in a box we are trying to shuffle off to the masses."

Wife just told me the cash showed in my account, took 2 days from the date of notice.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »
And another lap on the Nascar track as the wreck continues to linger...

Iello speaks...
@Ryan Johnson - Thank you for expressing your concerns. We just posted an update, and I'm going to be here to address every question going forward. We will do our best to meet your expectations.
@Brutilus, @Kristian, @Charles, @Arsonor, @Roman, @Virral - Thanks for remaining calm and polite here. We know that there has been a lot of anger, and we also know that there wasn't very much we could do to address that anger. The fact is, we've processed refunds on a case-by-case basis, and we've processed them as quickly as possible. Before things began to move, we knew that there wasn't anything we'd accomplish by trying to put out every fire for every single backer. I've noticed you guys, and I really appreciate your thoughts, your criticisms, and your earnest desire to keep this moving along. Thank you very much!

Yet, they say nothing about those they refunded without making an message request.
They say the same thing again, thanks for concerns, etc...no substance...

This I got a major laugh out of...."there wasn't anything we'd accomplish by trying to put out every fire for every single backer."
1) Save company public image?
2) Retain customers and future customers? Instead you alienate them.
3) Actually deliver what was presented in the KS we pledged for?
4) Communicate with the KS people instead of keeping silent.
5) Start managing the project and present a clear plan of action, even if a rough draft?
I am sure I could think of more...

Bottom line is they was lazy and wanted an easy way out. They didn't want to work or earn anything they just want to get as far from this as possible. I was on the fence, said it several times...

Then we have this line of comedy from their update....
"If we (IELLO, The Red Joker, and our backers) are not happy with the results, we’ll explore other ways to resolve this until we do get it right, and have a product that we can all be happy with."

Sure, refund the critical backers and move on....great job resolving that issue.

And... "We have a plan to address the resin issue, just as we addressed the scale issue. We haven’t been able to discuss any of our plans because of the anger and stress that has been happening in the comments section of this campaign."

Anger and stress? Lack of communication, saying something may have helped reduce it instead of staying silent.

Oh and this..."When we said that we are a highly ethical company, we meant exactly that. When we realized that we had lost the opportunity to have a discussion with our backers, we made the decision to wait until we’d handled some of the refund requests, so that we had an opportunity to calmly discuss our plans with the rest of our backers.

This is not the way we prefer to do business, and this is not the way we normally handle our communications. We apologize to those of you who were disappointed with the way we’ve handled things thus far."

Love the "lost the opportunity", no that had plenty of opportunity. They chose not to. Again, they didn't even bother saying, we refunded several people that did not make a request or just talked about asking for one. They could have calmly discussed things long ago. *sigh* Then the Ethics line really got me as well....good try saving face there guys.

Oh well, I hope those that stay get what they backed. I have been on Reaper Bones and Robotech KS also, yea both had their delays, both was handled well by the companies. I never got annoyed or felt like I had to say much other than I would like an update or see more of something. Never have I even fathomed the idea of asking for a refund. The grave just keeps getting deeper for Iello.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
So when is the next Crossover Kickstarter?  I just had some funds open up.

It's now kind of sounding like it will not be all of the figures that they say are going to be done by the greens, but only the original base set ones.  There are no greens for the other figures, just  artwork.  If I'm reading that right. They also seem to be saying that the first shipment it soon.  I really wan to see what everyone ends up with from this.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2014, 08:47:54 PM »
So when is the next Crossover Kickstarter?  I just had some funds open up.

It's now kind of sounding like it will not be all of the figures that they say are going to be done by the greens, but only the original base set ones.  There are no greens for the other figures, just  artwork.  If I'm reading that right. They also seem to be saying that the first shipment it soon.  I really wan to see what everyone ends up with from this.

I figure Rusty is a year away at least....I know he is working on sculpts and such he mentioned I think either on the last KS or here on the boards....

I am sure we can talk Obsaidian to post up some images of his set....he is staying on board....unless he gets too vocal and booted.  lol

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
Oddly enough, as vocal as I've been I was actually thanked for being "calm and polite." There have been some pretty brutal posts in the comments. IELLO likely couldn't have placated them once it reached frenzy pitch, but I do think that cleaning house until they got rid of the noisiest folks was cowardly. All that could have been avoided by skipping the lawyer reviewed bullshit and getting into the trenches with us to talk. Some honest discussion about all the shit would have gone a long way.

The latest update was like light beer, lots of foam but little substance. On the other hand it did address some of the swirling concerns and the backers have largely gone dark for the time being. I can imagine it rising up quickly if more updates don't swiftly follow this one.

Maybe it's just my morbid sense of curiosity, but I've chosen to stay because I really want to see what (if anything) they actually produce at this point. I'm not in for the huge dollars that some other folks were. My pledge was the Villains Strike Back at $160 (plus $30 shipping) with no extra add-ons. I would very likely have opted out a long time ago if it were for more than that. It's still a train wreck, but it's one I just can't seem to look away from just yet!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2014, 04:10:12 AM »
"We have a plan to address the resin issue, just as we addressed the scale issue. We haven’t been able to discuss any of our plans because of the anger and stress that has been happening in the comments section of this campaign."

Unless I am mistaken, thats why we were mad because they did not address the resin issue other than doing away with it.

I am glad I am done with Iello. If i see that name on something, I will always move along.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2014, 03:58:47 AM »
I saw the update over there and they are busy patting Iello on the back for their "integrity".

If Iello really intended to do as they say, they would not pass off that soft comic books style crap. I cost them a sale in my FLGS, and directed the guy to buy deadzone. I talked to the owner about getting Pulp City and Supersystem in the store.

I hate Iello and hope they go out of business soon.

I used my refund to buy some pulp City models, and Cryx from Warmachine.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2014, 04:17:19 AM »
I have a lot of the pulp city range and they are indeed fantastic models. I like them so much that I went for their everything pledge awhile back. Having doubles of their figures won't hurt my feelings at all. :)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
I have a lot of the pulp city range and they are indeed fantastic models. I like them so much that I went for their everything pledge awhile back. Having doubles of their figures won't hurt my feelings at all. :)

That deal was a good bargain if you could pop the $600....sadly I couldn't....that was a rare and good steal even if you end up with duplicates.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2014, 12:59:19 AM »
I had looked at the comments today to see how the people liked their game. Because before I got my refund I was being told Iello will make it right and us complainers were wrong for complaining... guess what, still no game and very little input from Iello.

So glad I got a refund. Those backers may get their game, I doubt they get their "extras" or the "good Figures"