Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690622
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Defiance Games' UAMC Hardsuit SUPERVISED NEWS THREAD  (Read 76422 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
(KICKSTARTER) Defiance Games' UAMC Hardsuit SUPERVISED NEWS THREAD
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:30:27 AM »
MODERATOR NOTE:

Due to developments which cast serious doubt upon Defiance Games as a company and this Kickstarter in particular, and the discussion which arose from it, this thread is supervised by the Future Wars Moderator. DO NOT POST REPLIES TO THIS THREAD unless you have actual, verified and new information to share. Any post NOT containing relevant information will be removed without prior or further notice.

Chris, Future Wars Moderator

The project's running pretty well for now, actually.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/defiancegames/28mm-power-armor-hardsuits-defiance-games

It'll be interesting to see how high they go in the end -- even if the KS tanks. The limit is set fairly low tho so I'm confident the project'll succeed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:30:10 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Defiance Games goes KS with their UAMC hardsuits.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:42:51 AM »
As one of the only products I'd ever give Defiance any money for I'm happy to see the suit get some attention.  I will not back the KS though.

Also:

This?  Yes.

This soft puddle of likely-restic?  No.

Obviously if they do this in the same restic crap they do their other miniatures in I'll probably take a hard pass.  With regards to the stretch goals, I don't care.  The German mech is "just another" mech as far as I'm concerned.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:09:06 AM »
aww Man,some People never learn-35 Backers already?I'd rather Flush my Money down the Toilet before sending it to TtBhJ  >:(

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »
They'll be funded within hours at this rate. Good for them I'm sure 8)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »
I think I'll pass too. Nice 3d sculpt, I think with a pro paintjob the mini would look good too.
Odd that they didn't use the tag "miniatures" for the project. That's what I use to search for mini-based projects on kickstarter. A bit silly really.
Quite cheap though. But I prefer my Micropanzer Russian Heavy combat troops.

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 08:28:02 AM »
KS with Defiance Games ... I'll rather start learning sculpting myself: cheaper, better result and won't have to wait til Kingdom come to received it  lol

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 08:50:25 AM »
Defiance Games have a trackrecord for not delivering on stuff people have paid for, sometimes to the point of just sending other (crap) stuff after a very long wait, so people never get what they paid for.

And now they're using a platform where it is said from the outset that if you pledge, you assume all the risk that the product may in fact never be delivered.

So basically, they don't even have to try anymore and can just take the money and run...

And still people keep throwing more cash at them than most of us get for ranges that are actually available.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »
Defiance Games have a trackrecord for not delivering on stuff people have paid for, sometimes to the point of just sending other (crap) stuff after a very long wait, so people never get what they paid for.

And now they're using a platform where it is said from the outset that if you pledge, you assume all the risk that the product may in fact never be delivered.

So basically, they don't even have to try anymore and can just take the money and run...

And still people keep throwing more cash at them than most of us get for ranges that are actually available.

i didn't think about that, you're right. LOL.

Anyway, i think that the painted piece is just a 3dprint painted, the surface is sandy and rough. I'd say that those suits can look good, depending on the casting quality.

They already said "plastic spinning injection", which means resin, and that's not a great start.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
A sane person would raise money for the very highest quality print and then get it moulded for....metal.....casting. Or at least resin from someone that knows what they're doing!

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:52 AM »
The suits are a nice design but I will be waiting until I see people's views on the ones they receive before I consider putting any money forward (and then it will only be from a distributor and not Defiance).

Their reputation precedes them. I have no faith in the company or the people in charge.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 10:37:44 AM »

People still throwing money at Defiance baffles me.  People still throwing money at kickstarters baffles me. (Though maybe to a lesser degree)  People throwing money at a Defiance kickstarter is way out there.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 10:51:46 AM »
DWS...

Fortunately it is in the wrong scale for my SF Power Armor forces.

End sarcasm.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Lord of Jerwood

• Scientist
    • Jerwood Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »
I do wish them all the best but defiance games see's to go from one problem to another. 

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 12:01:23 PM »
The KS has funded, pending possible onset of "pledge, then withdraw" syndrome...

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »
Perfectly good Power suit already out there... (I do like the Defiance one as well but won't be investing if it's not metal or resin)