Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Malebolgia's Cybertronic (UPDATE Jan 2: Stuff assembled)  (Read 8298 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Malebolgia's Cybertronic (UPDATE Nov 23: 2 more Chasseurs)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 06:04:43 AM »
Gorgeous!
I love the colors!
 :-*

Me too!
Some great choices there.
 :-*

Off to PM Akky, as I should heve done a long time ago.
 ::)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
They look great as a unit, love the paint scheme!

Off to PM Akky, as I should heve done a long time ago.

Good man! Don't worry, I still have some of everything....

:)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »
More ace work!! :o :o :o

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 07:58:38 PM »
Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated 8)
A fast update for a change! I started painting my sci-fi scenery for my "Cyberpunk" table. I want all kinds of cool sci-fi elelemts on it, from high tech to low tech. One of my new favorite materials is HDF (a variant of MDF). There are many companies out there who produce HDF scenery and this stuff is the dog's bollocks! Fantastic to work with and it paints well. I started with three Infinity Holo Ads. Perfect as cover pieces and with the translucent acryllic they are gorgeous too. I only used an airbrush on them (except for the edges, which were done by brush) and I was done in about two hours. Learned a lot which I will be using on the next pieces.

“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Malebolgia's Cybertronic (UPDATE Nov 25: First scenery)
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »
Hey guys, received my order today. Fantastic to see this arrive:

Three boxes taped together, weighing a total of 3kg. Awesome. So I cut open the boxes and piled all of my stuff together:

(there actually is more, I also ordered some Capitol models for a Dutchman without a credit card, but I didn't take shots of these)

After sorting the models I took a good look at them and took photos so you can see the casts up close:

Immortal

The cast is good enough and he should be supereasy to assemble. I think this is everybody's favorite in the Cybertronic lineup.

Everassur

The cast is not as good as the Immortal and I hope he's easy to clean with all of the detail. But he will be supereasy to assmble.

Scorpion

Damn, that's a lot of parts! Fortunately it's resin, so it'll be a lot more easy than with metal! The cast is okay (the bottom sprue has a lot of flash though), but I'm pondering how to convert the torso into a convincing turret.

Armored Chasseurs

Lots of parts and I got 15 of them...lol! So that's a lot of resin to clean and glue. But they look terrific. Love the fact they come with so many parts.

Mirrormen

The sculpts are way better than on photos on the web. I think it's all in the assembly. The only thing I'm not a fan of are the swords. They are really thin and very bendy. I really hope they stay sharp and straight after some hot water. Good thing about the bendiness is they won't snap easily, but I don't like my soldiers walking around with "rubber swords" so that will be interesting.

Advanced Machinators

Good stuff. Nice models and they seem easy to assemble. Since I have 9 of them I am considering converting some of them, which should be easy with the resin. The gun sprue has a lot of flash on it, but I don't care. I'd rather have more flash with easy mold lines than the other way around!

Cuirassiers

Bit flash, but they look great. LOVE the fact they come with two heads.

Objective markers

Nothing special, but they look spiffy! I'm so glad I've got an airbrush.

Templates

As a tournament gamer I love that Prodos went with clear templates and not the silly red/orange/yellow stuff you see for other games. These are much more clear. You do need to clean them up with a damp cloth to get rid of the ghosting around the edges.

So all in all I am very happy with what I received. Fantastic models and the book looks absolutely gorgeous.

NB! I didn't take any photos of the cards. I don't know whether Prodos approves of showing cards with stats and rules on them, so I'll refrain from showing them. But they sure look fantastic. They are bigger than Magic cards and have a high gloss finish. Really slick. The downside is that the font sometimes is absolutely TINY! For the models with lots of rules it can be a headache to reference the rules, but then again they are reference cards. You don't need them and after a few games I'd reckon you know mos of the stuff anyway.

Now where's my glue...?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Malebolgia's Cybertronic (UPDATE Dec 3: KS order unpacked!)
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 07:21:21 AM »
Didn't paint anything for over a month, but assembled a lot of my Cybertronic stuff to make sure I can play some games. Here's my stuff, except for the Immortal and Everassur (they're not the most interesting models to show unpainted):

The Armoured Chasseurs...love those models! They were very easy to assemble. The torsos and legs don't have that much mould lines, so are easily done. Most guns are easy too. I used boiling water to repose some legs and arm sets, which works well. I wanted to do crouching poses, but that seemed impossible by only using boiling water. I used the alternate Atilla heads for my Squad Commanders, something I picked up from Mark Theurer's YouTube channel. The blueish bodies and arms are from the Scorpion's torso.
The shoulder pads are left off, I will add thexse after painting.

Showed these before, but I really like the Atillas. Personally not a fan of separate legs, but they're easy to assemble.

Ah...the Machinators! Some of the more interesting models to assemble. The legs are a bit in an awkward pose, but with boiling water they are easy to repose. The main sculpting problem with them is the spindly knees. With two models the knees snapped. A bit of superglue and they're stuck together again, but still. And the gun nozzles aren't cast well, the rings are not very nice. I think I will cut them off and drill holes in the guns.
But generally I really like these models. They are HUGE and fit their lithe and agile rules very well. I have 6 more to assemble, so glad I like them ;)

The Scorpion, what a bastard to assemble. So many parts! And the legs took me a lot of time (and frustration) to get done. In the end Superglue Accelerator helped me. I only stuck 6 legs to the body. I think it looks better this way. I'll probably do the last two sockets with some OSL to make it look nice. Instead of using the regular body, I glued a 2nd edition plastic Charger HMG on top. I'm just not a fan of the torso on top, it looks odd. And I wanted a machine, it fits the fluff better IMO. I don't see a Chasseur lying dormant for ages. The base was done with Apoxie sculpt to fit in with the rest of my bases.

I bought these two because the models are cool and they are limited. I only saw yesterday that the models are 'Cartel agents', meaning I can field them in my Cybertronic force. Sweet! So I quickly assembled them. I'm very happy with the pose and base on Tatsumoto. I think it fits the pose well. I only need to rebend his Naginata Powerspear again. But that'll be easy.

So now I 'only' have 10 Mirrormen, 2 Atillas, 6 Machinators and 1 Scorpion left to assemble. But first it's time for some games!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Malebolgia's Cybertronic (UPDATE Dec 3: KS order unpacked!)
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 07:31:23 AM »
I only stuck 6 legs to the body, because a Scorpion only has 6 legs Prodos!!!  :P

Erm, no it doesn't.....

I like those Chasseurs, I might have to take a closer look at those.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Malebolgia's Cybertronic (UPDATE Jan 2: Stuff assembled)
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 07:43:28 AM »
Oi! I edited my post, because I was wrong. But aparantly you saw the old text... :D ;)

I really thought they had 6 legs...but just found out they didn't! So now I'm doubting whether I should add the other pair.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »
Ah, probably because I open all my threads in separate tabs at the same time and then work through them. It's a fairly common mistake to be honest.

Do whichever you feel looks better, 6 or 8 :)

The two Chasseurs on the far left, do they have helmets or is it the angle? I like the blank look it gives them.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 08:14:50 AM »
Yes, it's the alternate head from the Atillas. All Atillas come with an 'oldskool' head (see my assembled ones) and helmets which look a bit like Tron helmets. They are the perfect size for the Armoured Chasseurs. And they make good helmets for Squad Commanders, so they stand out.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »
Some very variable quality there. That rotary cannon on the scorpion looks like it came from a poundland tank. Really lacking detail. The basic infantry look decent though.

Quite pleased I didn't commit to the kickstarter now. Thanks for posting.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »
Some very variable quality there. That rotary cannon on the scorpion looks like it came from a poundland tank. Really lacking detail. The basic infantry look decent though.

Quite pleased I didn't commit to the kickstarter now. Thanks for posting.

LOL, the canon isn't by Prodos games mate ;). It's from this model:

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »
wow,great Stuff  :-*

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »
Me and my mate Ivo (Iff on the forum) played our very first game of Warzone Resurrection yesterday...finally! We both had assembled a good starting force and would be fielding a 750 points force. Before Ivo arrived, I took a picture of the table without any miniatures on it:

So we played in a Venusian jungle, complete with old and mystical ruins, hypnotizing crystals and huge gnarly trees. There are lots of trees on the table, so plenty of cover.

Ivo arrived and we decided to play a basic game (I didn't buy the Cybertronic starter so don't have any Strategy/Gear/Tactical cards from the starter deck) with a Priority mission. We rolled and it was the mission where one player had to control 4 of the 5 table areas. Damn, that sounded very hard to accomplish, but we would see. Our forces:

Marijn's Cybertronic (749 pts)
Everassur
6 Armoured Chasseurs
6 Armoured Chasseurs
6 Chasseurs + PR4000 + Weapon Cyber Link (I totally forgot about the Weapon Cyber Link though...)
2 Machinators + SSW4200P + Weapon's Overhaul

Ivo's Capitol
Big Bob Watts
6 Heavy Infantry
10 Light Infantry
5 Martian Banshees
2 Purple Sharks
(Ivo chose the doctrine where his Banshees count as Troops)

So we both have 3+3=6 Resources.

We rolled for Initiative and Ivo won the roll. His deployment:

His Purple Sharks deployed to the left behind the large mesa, the heavy infantry next to them with a good firing lane in front of them. Watts deployed in the center so he could use his guns to engage stuff on all sides. The Light Infantry deployed next to Watts behind the old temple and finally the Banshees deployed behind the mysterious Easter Island statues and rock spires.

My deployment:

One squad of Armoured Chasseurs deployed on the left flank behind a large rock formation. The Chasseurs deployed in the center, so their long range guns could be used against any threat. The Everassur went a bit to the right with the second squad of Armoured Chasseurs behind the ziggurat.
Finally, the Enhanced Machinators deployed centrally in the forest about 12" in front of my other models. I didn't really know where I should deploy them. They would probably get hit by firepower, no matter where I deploy them. So I chose the central position so they could be used against any threat.

Turn 1
Ivo activates the Martian Banshees who switch on their jump packs. With a roar they fly forwards, keeping to cover and ending up quite close to my force. I respond by activating the Armoured Chasseurs on the right flank. They Blink forwards and let rip with their Nailguns. Two of the Banshees are shot down by the firepower, first blood, including a Squad Commander! I did manage to fumble the activations, having moved all models first and then remembering I need to activate everything model by model. Having played Warmachine extensively for 8 years, this will happen a lot I think ;). Two of the Chasseurs go on Sentry (but that was rather pointless with an 18" range).
Ivo activates the Light Infantry and they run and take cover. One goes on Sentry. The Machinators see them coming and they shuffle a bit through the woods. The HMG spins up and the hail of lead kills two Light Infantry models. So far, so good! The Purple Sharks see a good target and one moves up around the mesa and shoots the LMG at the Machinator. Even Camouflage and Cover can't save him and he takes 2 wounds and bites the dust. The last one fails his Pinning check and is Pinned. At that time I was rather surprised the Machinators don't have Fearless...but they are Pure Machine? That's rather odd. Feels strange to have a machine hunkering down in fear. Oh well. By then I was also quite afraid of the Purple Sharks. With a ROF6 they are positively insane! Even with a lowish RS, they are bound to get some hits in and with their immense speed they can attack almost any model.
The Armoured Chasseurs on the left decide to burn some Resources. They all run and open fire with their nailguns at the Purple Shark. The rider takes a hit and I hit two other systems for 3 more points but the Shark is still flying! Damn, vehicles are nasty. Randomising your hits means it's quite hard to take them out with some shots. You either need to aim or need some devastating firepower. Ivo was a bit lucky with the shark, saving a lot of armour checks. Bob Watts moves a bit to the left and has sight to the Armoured Chasseurs. He fires the Atlas Megacannon and targets four of the Armoured Chasseurs. Ivo burns a Resource for one more shot. One of the Armoured Chasseurs is shot down while the other shots either miss or are deflected by the armour. Next up are the Chasseurs. They move forwards and take potshots at the Purple Shark. With cover and some intervening models, not a lot of shots hit and Ivo saves them all. Curses! One does manage to kill a Banshee which landed on the big hill in front of him. The Heavy Infantry decide to take on the Armoured Chasseurs. They lumber forwards and unload their guns. Reading their stats in the book I was afraid...seeing them in the game they seemed even more scary! Their RS, ROF and ST is crazy and they easily kill one of the lefthand Armoured Chasseurs. Finally, my Everassur runs forwards to get closer to the action, so he can use his big gun.

(the Armoured Chasseurs on the left after having run and fired and losing two of their squad)

(the Heavy Infantry is on the left, while the Light Infantry all cling to cover. On the lower right you can see the last two of the Banshees)

(on the left side the damaged Purple Shark. You can see where his nose is pointing at...the pinned Machinator in the forest. In the back are the Heavy Infantry and Bob Watts...aka some of the scariest firepower possible!)

(the Armoured Chasseurs on the right, standing in and around the Ziggurat. I think they spotted a Xenomorph sneaking away into the catacombs though...)

Turn 2
I still have my Squad Commanders so gain 6 Resources. Ivo lost his Martian Banshee Squad Commander so has 5 Resources. I win Initiative and activate the Everassur. He lumbers forwards into the forest, aims and Burns a Resource to fire at the Heavy Infantry hiding behind the rock. The plasma shot hits and melts two Heavy Infantry models and Bob Watts also loses a wound. Nice! Bob didn't like that one though and activates the Chopper. He places the counter close to the Everassur so he can try to hit him later on in the turn with other stuff. The Atlas manages to hit the Everassur three times and I save two of the hits. I Burn a Resource for a better Heal skill, but I fail.
I activate the Armoured Chasseurs on the left. They all Blink forwards and unload their SMG on the Purple Shark but Ivo saves all hits. ARGH! The Purple Shark seems immortal! The Purple Sharks activate and their LMG's rip through the Armoured Chasseurs. Two are killed by the LMG firepower, but I pass the Pinned test. The Chasseurs activate, run or move forwards and unload on the damaged Purple Shark (costing me some Resources). Finally, I manage to roll a 1 and do a headshot on the driver. Yes, the Shark is down and the second one failed his Pinning check! They also manage to take down one of the Heavy Infantry models, taking the unit down to three members. The Heavy Infantry respond and the Squad Commander runs forwards behind the big rock. The other two advance and one fires at the Armoured Chasseurs. One more is shot down and the last one takes a Broken check. He fails and runs back to my deployment zone, where he hides behind some dense foliage.
The Armoured Chasseurs on the right Blink and one Power Blinks into Ivo's lines. The Power Blinker rolls an 18 for the feedback, but saves the hit. With the shotgun I shoot down one of the Banshees while the last is shot down by a SMG. I also kill one Light Infantry model (the Squad Commander IIRC). The Light Infantry responds by taking up positions, aiming and firing (using some Resources). One loads Fragfmentation ammunition and fires at one model who is standing next to the Squad Commander. They shoot down three of the Armoured Chasseurs, including the Squad Commander and I fail my Pinning check. Darn!
Finally I activate the Machinator. He makes his pinning check and uses his second action to fire at the Purple Shark, doing no damage. Having lost his Banshees, Ivo also has no activations left.

(the broken Chasseur is hiding behind a tree. The smoking wreck of the Purple Shark is next to his pinned buddy. In the back you see the Heavy Infantry. My Chasseurs are around the large rock and the Machinator is inside the forest)

(the Everassur and Watts in their mexican standoff. The Machinator and Chasseurs take cover in the jungle)

(both Banshees are shot down and the Light Infantry are all in cover. The Armoured Chasseurs are pinned down after having suffered a hail of firepower)

Turn 3
We both get four Resources as we both lost 2 Squad Commanders. Ivo wins Initiative and shows the power of a flamethrower. The Heavy Infantry Squad Commander runs forwards and Burns a Resource to unload his flamer on the Machinator and a Chasseur. Having no Impenetrable Armour and standing in cover, it means that both models burn to a crisp. Flamethrowers are NASTY! Especially when combined with a Run action. We did wonder how they worked with Armour. Having ST13 and halving armour against models in cover...is it (A/2)-3 for the check? That is sick! In the end I just rolled the dice and they all were on the high side so they died. The other two Heavy Infantry models lumbered forwards and fired their guns, killing another Chasseur in the forest. The Chasseurs activated, advanced and fired their guns at the Heavy Infantry Squad Commander. Three hits later, he was still standing. ARGH! The Plasma rail shot missed the Heavy Infantry behind him. Alas. The Chasseur leader also popped his Mirage Generator, so both him and the Everassur benefitted from it.
Bob Watts fired again at the Everassur and he Burned a Resource to get another shot (ROF5 is scary). 4 shots hit and due to the Mirage Generator the Everassur suffered one more wound. I Burned to increase my chances of healing, but it didn't work. The Everassur responded by moving behind the rock and firing his plasma shot at the Light Infantry. The shot transfers to two more models and two models are liquified by the shot. Good. The Light Infantry advances and fires at the Everassur and the Armoured Chasseurs and they manage to kill another Armoured Chasseur. The righthand Armoured Chasseur spend both of their actions to get rid of pinning. Then it's back to the Purple Shark who races around the jungle and fires his LMG. AFAIK he does no damage. My lefthand Armoured Chasseur fails to rally from his broken status.

(the Light Infantrymen lost two soldiers due to a big plasma shot while they shot down one more Chasseur)

(the Heavy Infantry Squad Commander with his flamer of DOOM burned the Machinator and Chasseur. Bob Watts wounded the Everassur, while the Everassur plasmafied two Light Infantry soldiers. The soldiers all fired at the Heavy Infantry Squad Commander but his armour was uber)

(my Armoured Chasseur is still hiding behind some flowers while the Purple Shark zipped a bit around the forest)

To be continued in the next post...

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »
Turn 4
We still had one Squad Commander alive, so both had 4 Resources. I won Initiative and decided to get the Everassur into the thick of it. He walked into combat with the Heavy Infantry Squad Commander. I doubt whether to Burn a Resource to get +1ROA but decide not to do so I can buy a shot with my plasma gun once I kill the Squad Commander. The three attacks all hit...woohoo! But Ivo makes all Armour checks. AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! That guy is so frustrating! Ivo responds with the Heavy Infantry and one model also engages the Everassur. Fortunately for me the Squad Commander misses both attacks (on CC15!) and I save the hit from the charging model. The other one lumbers forwards and shoots down the Chasseur with Plasma gun. The righthand Armoured Chasseurs both Power Blink forwards in the middle of the Light Infantry. A shotgun and SMG later and I kill two more of their numbers. Only three left!
The Purrple Shark activates and races towards my Chasseur. He pops two grenades on top of two of them. One misses and scatters away but the other one hits and kills one Chasseur. The remaining two make their Pinning check. The Chasseurs respond by firing at the Purple Shark and I have some insane luck by rolling two 1's, killing the driver. The second Shark also crashes to the ground.
The three remaining Light Infantry models fire back at the Armoured Chasseurs but one misses and I make two Armour checks so they are fine. The lefthand Armoured Chasseur makes his LD check and loses Broken. I advance and Burn a Resource to fire at the painted Heavy Infantry model but of course Ivo makes both Armour checks :P. Finally, Ivo has Bob Watts. He advances and fires at the righthand Armoured Chasseurs and kills one of them. The last one makes his Pinning check.

(the Armoured Chasseur rallied and fired at the superduper Heavy Infantry, the Everassur is locked in a combat which should have ended with three hits and finally you can see the wreck of the second Purple Shark)

(the ranks of the Light Infantry are thinned and one of the Armoured Chasseurs is shot down by the man with the miniguns)

(a better shot of the Everassur in combat and the remaining two Chasseurs around the central jungle)

Turn 5
Still one Squad Commander each, so still 4 Resources each. Ivo wins Initiative and activates the Heavy Infantry. The painted Heavy Infantry model finishes off the last member of the lefthand Armoured Chasseurs while the Squad Commander gets another wound into the Everassur. I think Ivo rolled a 1, so I couldn't do anything about it. The last Armoured Chasseur on the right activated and fired his nailgun and shotgun. The shotgun wounded Bob Watts but missed the Light Infantry soldier. The nailgun missed both shots. The 3 Light Infantry aimed and didn't kill the last Armoured Chasseur. The Everassur attacked the Squad Commander twice and FINALLY crushed him to death. The attack on the second model didn't get through the armour. Bob climbed the hill and killed the last Armoured Chasseur with a hail of lead. Finally, the Chasseurs activated, aimed and used a Resource for another ROF. They managed to land another wound into Bob. Both Bob and the Everassur were now down to their last wound!

With the end of this turn one player could win the game, but nobody claimed 4 table areas.

(the Everassur finally crushed the Squad Commander but received a wound too)

(Bob takes down the Armoured Chasseur, but is wounded by the Chasseurs)

Turn 6
Ivo didn't have any Squad Commanders alive anymore, so gained three Resources while I got 4. I won Initiative and started with the Everassur. The plan was to kill the Heavy Infantry model and then Burn a Resource to engage the second one so he couldn't shoot me. I rolled dice and rolled both a 1 and a 20. So although I autokilled the Heavy Infantry model, my activation was also over right away. Curses! Bob laughed from his raised position and in slow motion he poured round after round into the Everassur. Ivo managed to roll a 1 and the Everassur was killed. Omnomnom! The Chasseurs were angry and fired back at Bob. I rolled two hits and one got through. Bob was dead! But then Ivo Burned a Resource to get Heal (3) and he rolled a 1. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That was epic :D. The Heavy Infantry model rounded the corner and shot down the Chasseur Squad Commander.

Turn 7
I only had one model left...Ivo had Bob, one Heavy Infantry model and three Light Infantry models. I won Initiative though and took an aimed shot right away at Bob. The shot hit and it killed Bob! Hooray! But then the Heavy Infantry pulled the trigger and blasted the Chasseur away.

Capitol wins!

Final Thoughts
We had a good time and I think the game is great. It all works well and it was fun to play the very first game, which is always magic. We did have some weird moments with the rules which we need to check (Pinned Blu Sharks? Flamers and Armour checks? Non-fearless Machinators?). The Resource system works, but in the basic game it's very powerful as you often take extra actions or add ROF. It made the flamer and Bob's gun very nasty and models were very mobile. I can't wait until I get the Kickstarter card deck so we can play the advanced game. I think this will be more balanced as you probably are short on Resources all the time.

The table layout wasn't ideal. Having a jungle table works well for Warmachine where you can't see the other side of a forest but doesn't work that well in a game with true line of sight. Models almost always have line of sight through jungles and with enough shots will get hits in. It was hard to advance on the flanks due to line of sight. With the long ranges in the game, there was shooting straight away. I think having more blocking scenery works better so it becomes less of a slugfest and more about positioning.

If I look at my force I think the Armoured Chasseurs are very handy, but also very expensive. Their Armour is good, but against Heavy Infantry and Bob they are down to A10 and they got killed quickly. Okay, Ivo's Heavy Infantry are very similar but during the game it felt they were so much better, but that was mainly down to his Armour rolls ;). I do think the Nailguns and Shotguns are very powerful with good damage values and nice ROF. The regular Chasseurs are good, but die to a stiff breeze. The Everassur is a nasty SoaB. His plasma doesn't have a long range, but if he hits, the effect is deadly! He killed three Heavy Infantry models and two Light Infantry models during the game. Don't know whether that's a lot for his points but it was nice to see him in action.
The Machinators I'm not sure of. For 50 points you don't get a lot...especially if you compare them to Purple Sharks. Their Infiltration is nice, but they will probably get shot a lot. And A17 only goes so far. Okay, only one game with them but so far I'm not impressed. The Purple Sharks on the other hand are my nemesis now! Having hit locations means it's hard to take them down easily (aiming is nice, but eats AP) and their ROF6 guns are absurd. I'm a bit confused why they have ROF6 at 50 points a model. It's almost a garanteed kill (or two) each turn. The only downside is that you have a bigger chance of rolling a 20 (about 26%)...but you also have a 26% chance of rolling a 1...
For my next game I will try the Atilla and see how he performs. Can't wait to play a second game!