Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A package arrived yesterday and I am confused about why...  (Read 8282 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: A package arrived yesterday and I am confused about why...
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 02:43:01 PM »
Enjoy the windfall mate  :D

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »
then post it back to the residence? Sorry but I have to be missing something here.  Maybe just overthinking it bud tbh.  :?

Quite possibly.

Probably that Presbyterian/Puritan thing about not keeping what might be somebody's property.  

Honestly, if, after an honest effort to find out if it is an item intended for someone else, I guess I could consider it "abandoned" and dispose it myself.

Might need to drop by the USPS with a  letter for the UK.

I don't know any companies I might have ordered from that are based in that part of the UK...

Edit:  I assume that "Harrogate" is a municipal type geographic feature?

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:46:33 PM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 02:50:40 PM »
Enjoy the windfall mate  :D

Might end up that way.

It is a cool item but not something I was seriously expanding (or even keeping) in my downsizing effort.  Make that a Very Cool item.

Time to write a letter to an address in the UK, I guess...

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 02:54:05 PM »
Well, however it pans out, youre a real gentleman for your efforts.  Cheers Glenn!

-TBC
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 02:58:11 PM »
Not something that you'd forgotten you'd ordered?  I forget I already have stuff!  :o
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 03:46:17 PM »
Quite possibly.

Probably that Presbyterian/Puritan thing about not keeping what might be somebody's property.  

Honestly, if, after an honest effort to find out if it is an item intended for someone else, I guess I could consider it "abandoned" and dispose it myself.

Might need to drop by the USPS with a  letter for the UK.

I don't know any companies I might have ordered from that are based in that part of the UK...

Edit:  I assume that "Harrogate" is a municipal type geographic feature?

Gracias,

Glenn

Harrogate is a Town mate. Do you have the town and postcode? (Zip) you'll get the general addres from a Google search. Some codes are even house specific.

Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 04:34:20 PM »
If its a business you can then google them. To be honest with an address you may even be able to find a tel number. Let me know if you need a hand from this side of the pond but am at work til tomorrow now.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
What kind of business wouldn't include any kind of company name, stamp, sticker or invoice in their shipments, especially in international orders? My random guess would be something like an eBay power seller sending out multiple items and mixing them up during packaging. (Obviously doesn't have to be eBay in particular.) Just a guess, though...

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »
Nice connundrum...

Just last year, I won an item on Ebay from a Japanese seller. And for some unexplained reason, Ebay and/or Paypal moved up an address in my addressbook to the top. But since I had not used that address for over 4 years (and then only once), and my own address had been the only one in there for quite some time, I only noticed when I had already paid for the item and got a track and trace message from the seller to this address! An address in the US, I might add...  ::)

I had at one time ordered something off Ebay for this guy, in trade for an item he sent me. I had even deleted the address about two years ago, along with some other addresses that had ended up in my Ebay list, but they all of a sudden returned, just like that!

In the end though, I managed to get hold of him and paid him to forward the package to me. Which still was decidedly cheaper than ordering the item again...

So maybe something like that happened here as well?

And why not check your Paypal account, bank and/or credit card statements for a payment you can't place? Maybe something matches up with the unexpected arrival?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 10:20:06 PM »
I've just had a senior moment, I'm pretty such I sent you something really cool that I meant to send to myself. Drop me a Pm and I'll send you my proper address....

;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:12 PM »
I've just had a senior moment, I'm pretty such I sent you something really cool that I meant to send to myself. Drop me a Pm and I'll send you my proper address....

;)

lol ne too!  :P

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 01:03:26 AM »
Nice connundrum...

Just last year, I won an item on Ebay from a Japanese seller. And for some unexplained reason, Ebay and/or Paypal moved up an address in my addressbook to the top. But since I had not used that address for over 4 years (and then only once), and my own address had been the only one in there for quite some time, I only noticed when I had already paid for the item and got a track and trace message from the seller to this address! An address in the US, I might add...  ::)

I had at one time ordered something off Ebay for this guy, in trade for an item he sent me. I had even deleted the address about two years ago, along with some other addresses that had ended up in my Ebay list, but they all of a sudden returned, just like that!

In the end though, I managed to get hold of him and paid him to forward the package to me. Which still was decidedly cheaper than ordering the item again...

So maybe something like that happened here as well?

And why not check your Paypal account, bank and/or credit card statements for a payment you can't place? Maybe something matches up with the unexpected arrival?

Hate it when that happens,  somehow this has happened with my eBay account as well, with packages arriving at my old flat... luckily i could also still get them due to knowing the person who has moved in after me.  Weird though that that can happen.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 07:59:21 AM »
it was one of the kickstaters  that you bought into over a year ago and they are just getting around to shipping it. :D lol
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 08:54:31 AM »
Hate it when that happens,  somehow this has happened with my eBay account as well, with packages arriving at my old flat... luckily i could also still get them due to knowing the person who has moved in after me.  Weird though that that can happen.

I once gave the wrong adress to an ebay seller, I had just moved and used to live at no 75, now I live at no 78 on a different street and it was one of the first things I bought online since the move so it was sent to a house a couple of doors down from mine, they refused it and it was sent back to the seller, I found out through the tracking info, figured out my mistake and contacted the seller who sent it out again when he received the item back, this time to the right adress. wouldn't be so bad apart from the fact that I'm in the Netherlands and the seller was in Japan   ;D

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 08:54:51 AM »
As far as I know there isn't any wargames companies in Harrogate (I'm in knaresborough a couple of miles away) Wargames Command Post used to be in Scotton but he moved down south.
The post code Starts with an HG 1 or 2 is Harrogate I think.