Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:59:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Underfire Wargaming - The wait wont be much longer ;)...  (Read 2477 times)

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
Underfire Wargaming - The wait wont be much longer ;)...
« on: March 21, 2014, 04:55:57 AM »
Hello everyone , just wanted to show a quick update of the progression on the miniatures, these master casts are in resin , the production miniatures will be in Metal so no worries their ;). These guys are just for me too see the quality of the casts as well as have some show pieces too paint up whyll we wait for the production pieces to start up.

Sorry for the terrible wait guys but they are being worked on as fast as I can get them out!, also 15mm reprints will being put into the works here soon as well ;).

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Underfire Wargaming - The wait wont be much longer ;)...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »
Hurry up!!!!!! :D
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
Not a gamer so personally would prefer resin!

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »
I am getting them punched out like clock work as soon as possible, sadly every casting company is very busy so I will be waiting another few weeks before the metal casts an get started.

In the mean time I will paint these guys up so we have something too look at whyll we wait :P. Ah Dwartist I have seen your work and it is very impressive, this resin is only for masters to go into other casting it would be too fragile for even collecting items , I just received these pieces to see the quality of the casts and also something to paint up just too get some painted versions of them up and on the site!.

I hope to have them done here in the next few weeks everyone , very sorry again for the long wait I will update you all with some painted images here soon!

with best regards - Shawn.

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »
Do you have any built models to show? and when these are cast up and sold where will you be selling? you have a online store?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 07:23:33 AM »
Very nice and I am fully for metal.
Create some SF cat "Kilrathi" heads and you have an order!
 ;) ;) 8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 08:03:47 AM »

Feeling the same about the covenant Elites. I might have to get heads sculpted myself along with some other more in keeping weapons. ;)

Question: can you also do a set of the weapons separately as it would be great to be able to use them for other minis.

Cheers

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 02:40:14 AM »
They will be sold online through my store but also I will end up setting up with a few online and retail stores too sell my miniatures, this I hope will help gamers ( especially over sea gamers) with avoiding high shipping costs ;).

I am working on painting 3 done up guys right now as we speak and I will do some scale comparison shots for them as well guys may take me till Monday - Tuesday too get them up but I hope to be done them sooner than that, however you cannot rush art ;).

Ah yes Agis I will see what I can do I am sure once things are up and running, I can use the in store start up ( like a kickstarter but done on my site style system) to put up some concept art of them and if I get enough orders for them I will put them into production ;)!.

Hmm I didn't think of that at all Commander Vyper , yes that could be possible to do a bits section, let me get things set up with these guys and then I could look into that for sure ;)!.

thanks again everyone for the responses I hope too get some fully painted images up here soon :D!.

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 11:59:02 AM »
great. how will they be sold single or a set of 5 or so? already got some ideas for these minis.

Offline KapitaenMors

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
Very nice figures!
I´m glad to hear they will be available here in europe too.
Will definitely buy some.

Do you have plans for more poses?

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »
I´m glad to hear they will be available here in europe too
That is certainly a big plus. When thinking about mail order from USA, p&p + customs fees + VAT is a real excitement killer combo.

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »
daemon-forge - They will be sold in packs of 5 with a deal for 2 packs of five for those who want too use them for larger scale games ;).

KapitaenMors - I still have too contact some of the companies like wayland games, but I should be able too get things shipped out soon, I am also looking at one or two Canadian companies who may also be able too ship world wide for much less of the cost I would have too charge for postage.

If they sell well I plan too expand their range fairly well, I could do a different pack of infantry in different poses , these guys were a big lesson for me in many things and I now have a better idea of what poses will work and which ones will run into problems, now I can create some much more excellent combat poses ;).

tnjrp- Yes postage can be very extreme at times so I am aiming too find a company or two in Europe who would be wanting too sell stock of my miniatures which I will have to begin contacting here about getting things set up more as things are finally moving along on my end here ;).

thanks for all the support everyone!, I am working hard on getting these guys painted up for you all too see :)!.