Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686666
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Underfire Wargaming Sci fi Kyintruto (Gnolls) Empire forces art concepts! page 3  (Read 17538 times)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
Re: Underfire Wargaming Sci fi Gnoll art concepts! page 3
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2013, 06:38:34 AM »
I'm very much looking forward to seeing this develop. I'd certainly get a squad or two of both races if international postage wasn't too crippling! Good luck, you've got some great ideas.

I 2nd the International postage not being to high and I would order at least a squad of each type more if the postage wasn't BAD....SCARY or plan FREAKKIN ME OUT!!!

LGW

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 06:50:16 AM »
I'm not the name police, honest, but I was fairly sure I'd heard gnoll before!
Based on the comment above, I do think UfW is aware that the term "Gnoll" isn't up for grabs. It's just a stand-in for "space hyenas" for now.

As for the prototypes and concepts shown so far, I'm not that fond of anthropomorphic animals, even if they are being passed off as uplifts (and never mind being passed off as aliens) but I do have a soft spot for dog boyz so I'll prolly be wanting to get a few of those when/if they do come out.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 07:00:52 AM »
To hell with the discussion ... I only want to know where and when I can buy these guys! *drool*

:D

If I -in my sleep-drunken stupor- missed the date and place of release ... please forgive me.

Edit:
Ok ... after a huge mug of way too strong coffee I think I found my senses plus I was able to cleverly figure out the manufacturer. So any idea about the release date yet?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:53:36 AM by von der Tann »
"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
The gnoll comment was meant as a bit of a joke after my first comment on names!  :)

It's bloody hard to find names that are original (or not copyrighted by 'someone'!

Offline Marauderman

• Librarian
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
I have to say again if you brought out the Coalition Wulvamn with Lizard heads in 28mm - 30mm, I would be in a flash. I am more a Skirmish player but these would come in handy for extras for Mantics Deadzone game Rebel force.
I know I would buy 10-20 in 28mm-30mm for sure. I thank a few people would like a sci fi lizard style  troops.
Keep up the good work and good luck with your miniatures ideas, I hope this comes to being as your other ideas look good and should get a lot of support. If you go down the Kickstarter root please let this forum know so we can support it.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »
Those look a bit tasty. Biggest criticism at the mo: they must have very skinny waists under there.

Also, looking at the concepts on page 3: go with the orientation of the legs in the first prints. The point of digitigrade legs is not to fold back on themselves. ;)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »
I thank a few people would like a sci fi lizard style  troops.

Apologies for the minor thread derail, but have got lizard men on my own sci-fi todo list....

I agree though, these would look good with lizard heads, and the more good quality sci-fi figures out there, the better.

:)

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
I knew their was something wrong with their legs!, well I will make sure that is fixed during the sculpting process then!, thanks for spotting that out Vermis!.

Elbows - I am glad you like them and have found inspiration for what you would use them for :).

Dewbakuk, Predatorpt,  ogryn, Lord GreyWolf - I am very glad to hear you 4 like them :)!, I will keep everyone posted, I am currently getting the website up and running fully, and now I am beginning to order in the final digital sculpt and all the other current sculpts with it when its done to be printed and then together I will send them to be casted ;)!. So still some what of a wait, but I will not make it too much longer :P!.

Elk101, Lord GreyWolf - I will do all I can to keep the postage rate low, I am going through just my international Canadian banking system, so I will see what I can work out with them for postage rates, overall from my personal experience it has never been too bad for me when it comes to shipping from most companies. I will perhaps eat some of the cost if I find that the international postage rate is high!.

tnjrp- Thanks for pointing that out, yes it is all but a stand in name till I came up with the current new name for them ;). I understand that they may not be to everyone's taste which is fair in itself. I just find their are way too many squid / lizard ( do not hate me everyone who wants lizard heads here, I will see in time what I can do for those ;))  and really darn close human like races and I find its stifling and not pushing diversity and creativity as much as I would like to see in the market.

So though you may not be too interested in my concepts so far, I am still interested in what do you like? or would like to see come alive? I am always listening to others thoughts and ideas on things ;).

von der Tann - I am hoping to have my first range ( lets call them Vren for now :P) in two scales and then once I get them running and all the math figured out for selling prices and postage ect ;). Then I can get these guys out and selling as well!. I am glad you like them btw!.

Elk101 - I find you just need to look for ideas in uncommon areas of cultures, stories ect ;).

Marauderman - I hope you don't mind me for asking but why couldn't you use wolf men for your rebel aliens over them having to be lizard men :P? I will keep on going and hope that they do sell well, I think the market does need someone like myself, who is really aiming on creating very interesting but yet good looking original miniatures in the market, at least that is what I am banking on ;)!.

• Bookworm
AKULA - I will see what I can do for the lizard heads, I do want to get the starting range out and the 2nd faction in the works, but once those two are rolling I can defiantly see about producing some lizard and lion head versions for them since I have had so much demand for those things ;). I do listen and want to produce what people want, but I have to also produce what I am inspired to create as well :P. Its all about balance ;), and unlike some certain companies out their I wont ignore what consumers are asking that I create, especially when I have had so many ask about the same thing ;)!.

I may even get them sculpted and printed before I do the this 2nd faction.

with best regards everyone! - Shawn.

Offline Marauderman

• Librarian
Thanks Underfire Wargaming ( Shawn ), I could use your wolfman as add-ons for rebel aliens as well but I find the idea of Lizard men style Aliens very appealing. Most probably because I sill reminder the original V series from the 80's.
Your armed Coalition troops with Lizard heads would work quite well I think. Its good that you are thinking of making some lizard style heads that would work with the range.
I know I would be buying a few squads at least just for the Lizard head style and may be a squard of your Wolfs head.

Also Akula I will have to recheck your Akula's Galactic Armies thread. Its good to also hear that you might be thinking of a Lizard Style alien force in the future.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:50:34 PM by Marauderman »

• Bookworm
Marauderman - Sorry for the long wait for a reply!, yes I will see what I can do, these guys also do come with tails ( the first two images, sadly my sculptor forgot too add the tails!, but I will be getting them probably separate of the final casts so you could easily sculpt on some lizard tails instead of having the wolf tails :P!.

thanks again everyone for all the feed back, I truly cant wait to get these guys out on the market so you all can see them first hand ;)!.

with best regards - Shawn. 

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
This thread has certainly peaked my interest in these. Separate heads are always a nice choice as it provides so much room for easy conversions. I believe a generic, obviously non-human helmet would be a good option as well - a lot of people are always looking for "just aliens", i.e. not antropomorphic animals.

Offline Marauderman

• Librarian
@underfirewargaming
Shawn, looking forward to when you release so I can order up.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Excellent news to hear both Underfires came to an agreement! Thats brilliant!

I really like the Gnoll concepts, the idea of crossovers between something that appears savage and tribal with a mid-high tech element to it I always find very appealing.

• Bookworm
manatic - Hmm I will see what I can do, if I do well enough I have another few miniatures idea that may be something you might be interested in, but their quite a ways off currently. However we can see about separate heads perhaps in the future, though as I have said to a few, their hands and feet defiantly will look quite canine like and this may cause issues when using different heads :/.

Marauderman - So do I :)!, I have a friend of mine working on the website right now, so hopefully I should be up and running sooner than later ;)!

Brummie- Yes we have been with agreement for some time now ;), so no worries their :)!. I agree I think they will be a nice fresh concept to bring into the market ;)!.