Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kickoff of "Quake and Mourn" Song of Blades and Heroes Campaign!  (Read 1926 times)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Last week was the first day of our club's annual summer Song of Blades and Heroes Campaign.  As last year, the setting is the lands of Qaarra, however the timeline has advanced a bit and things are looking grim. You can see a bit of background regarding "Quake and Mourn" here;
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/p/quake-and-mourn-song-of-blades-heroes.html

One of the battles was already written up in detail here...
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2014/06/quake-and-mourn-campaign-raid-on.html

...but I've now put up a brief writeup with a few pics of the rest of the games a summary of the participating war bands and the current standings of the campaign participants.  This year we're having the players of each game fill out a brief record sheet detailing:
-Who Played
-What Scenario
-What Location
-Results of battle
-Results of post game Exploration roll
 We had 7 players in attendance and most players played 2 games that evening.
You can read the report here…
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2014/06/quake-and-mourn-campaign-session-1.html

…but here are a few pics to whet your appetite.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Kickoff of "Quake and Mourn" Song of Blades and Heroes Campaign!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:08:12 PM »
The Campaign looks imaginative & attractive...I love the diversity of miniatures you use. GREAT STUFF!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Re: Kickoff of "Quake and Mourn" Song of Blades and Heroes Campaign!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:01 PM »
The Campaign looks imaginative & attractive...I love the diversity of miniatures you use. GREAT STUFF!
Thanks!  Despite having a reasonably defined setting, the only limit we place on the miniatures that member's use is that they be fully painted (the general guideline for all club games) and start at 500 points.  It results in some really cool war bands and members seem to be more inclined to paint up new war bands each year when they have free reign to create whatever they wish.  IMHO, the Thark Warband was one of the great surprises of the campaign kickoff, but most members (other than myself) showed up with minis that we'd not previously seen on the table.