Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:03:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28MM Egyptian Archeological Dig (update: additional vehicles)  (Read 18347 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28MM Egyptian Archeological Dig
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
Thanks to all of you for writing and letting me know how much you enjoyed the gallery.  To state the obvious, when I put one of these galleries together, I'm doing something to please myself... to make me happy, but what is equally obvious is that I hope others will enjoy it too which is a big reason why I post.  So thank you for your words appreciation.  Mad Lord, you're going to love the pyramid you ordered; it's great!  Eric, if I did anything to inspire your work, I'm very pleased and I'm going to enjoy your Egypt Adventures as I do all the collections you produce and post.  For the record and for those, if any, who might be interested I'm currently working on a 28mm Victorian era African safari adventure… great fun.  Plan to have it done in October.  Thank you all.  Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2014, 03:02:52 AM »
I'm feeling guilty.  In an earlier posting I listed ideas I got from others but I failed to mention Hammers.  When I saw his take off on Tintin's Cigars of the Pharaoh I thought it was nothing short of great so I decided to include mummy wrapped adventures in this gallery as well.  While I gave Hammers credit in my gallery write-up, I didn't mention it in this posting.  I regret that since it is one of my favorite elements in my Egyptian archeological dig collection.  Now I feel better.  Richard

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 07:53:36 AM »
I'm feeling guilty.  In an earlier posting I listed ideas I got from others but I failed to mention Hammers.  When I saw his take off on Tintin's Cigars of the Pharaoh I thought it was nothing short of great so I decided to include mummy wrapped adventures in this gallery as well.  While I gave Hammers credit in my gallery write-up, I didn't mention it in this posting.  I regret that since it is one of my favorite elements in my Egyptian archeological dig collection.  Now I feel better.  Richard

Shocking, just shocking I say!  lol

(I hope thick sarcasm duly noted :P)
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
Noted and probably deserved.  That said, Hammers does great work… I steal from the best.  Richard

Offline krimso

• Assistant
    • Lead & Wax Projekts
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 06:28:11 PM »
Wonderful stuff!! Is your pulp need now sated or will these tables grow to even greater heights??
I'd rather meet the devil than be this woman's man:  Skip James

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2014, 04:11:40 AM »
I steal from the best.  Richard

You'd be a bloody fool to steal from the worst!!

"heavily influenced" you may be, but you do damn fine work of your own Richard!!

Valerik
unabashedly stealing others' ideas himself, NONE of which have reached fruition
BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther

Offline Evil Bob

• Bookworm
    • Evil Bob's Miniature Painting
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »
Fantastic!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
Krimso, Valerik & Evil Bob, thank you all for taking the time to write and for the very generous remarks.  As to krimso's question about where I'll be going next, the answer is I'm leaving Pulp Egypt and heading for Victorian Africa… more Hollywood than history.  I plan to have my African adventure gallery done and posted in October.  Once that is complete, I'll be leaving the 28s for awhile and returning to the 15mm military world by way of the French and Indian War.  Richard

Offline krimso

• Assistant
    • Lead & Wax Projekts
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »
That is fantastic.  I myself have been on the brink of a 15mm FIW project for quite some time.  I picked up a large pile of Blue Moon's stuff back when they first introduced the range but up until now I haven't gotten much farther than adding them to the lead pile.  My next project is likely going to be building an Aztec city suitable for both pulp adventures and my current 28mm conquistador project. 

You should have quite a bit of fun in the world of Victorian Africa! ;D

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »
I'm positively baffled!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »
Dr. The Viking, I can only hope that you are baffled in a good way.  krimso, most of my 15mm/18mm FIW is Blue Moon as well, and like you I purchased a large pile of the stuff when it first came out.  Love it!  Happily it will soon be time for those figures to be the focus of my brush.  It could be a long project… I'm thinking that it my have me involved for the better part of a year.  Should be fun.  I have a 15mm Aztec city and temple area for my Aztec and Conquistador collection.  If you are interested in checking it out, you can see it at www.warin15mm.com/Aztec-Gallery.html

Offline krimso

• Assistant
    • Lead & Wax Projekts
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
Thanks for the link.  Definitely an inspirational Aztec city!!  Quite close to what I was imagining.  Very nice work indeed.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
krimso, glad you like the Aztecs.  Until I pointed that gallery out to you, it had slipped my mind that Egypt was the second time I'd used toy pyramids in a collection… the Playmobil pyramids with Egypt and the Back Off Buzzard step pyramids with the Aztecs.  Good luck with your project.  Richard

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 08:15:18 PM »
Good god, that is so amazing stuff! A game using it would attract quite the crowd at a convention...

Did the alligator heads come like that, jutting out of the temple? Or was that a modification?

Mike Demana

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2014, 12:55:54 AM »
Mike, thanks for the kind words… always appreciated.  I think what you're asking about are the statues in pics 69, 78, and 86.  They are part of a resin entrance called the Pharaohs Tomb (F0014) by Scotia Grendel.  If that isn't what you were referring to, let me know what the picture number is and I'll try to help with an answer.  Thanks again for taking the time to write and for the generous comments.  Richard