Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690652
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Raid on the Fergusson Farm - song of Drums & Tomahawks  (Read 22919 times)

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
Re: Raid on the Fergusson Farm - song of Drums & Tomahawks
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
hey mike,

As soon as i have finished some new huts and longhouses, we'll go back to this last scenario with the following solution , with a new trait for civilians :

Run for you life :
In case of alarm , given by a leader or a sentinel (yelling "Run for your live"), each civilian has a +2 bonus to perform activations to escape the fighting and reach a safe place (friendly table edge, center of the village, etc ...). This place should be designated in the scenario as a safety instrcutions for example, or when the alarm is yell (like "All at the village center") ....

The player must report before rolling the dice for a civilian, if he makes an Activation "Run for your life" or if it is a normal activation (mvt, fight ....).

An Action "Run for your life" includes only actions relating to the flight/escape move (can not include shooting, combat).

The Leader Bonus applies normally.

In practice, that's looks like this :

A civilian Q5 C2 (woman or old) / Q5 C1 (for a children) can therefore activate at 3 or + to flee away from the fighting.
So a civilian in a hut can be easily out for running in safety.
With a leader at range, that's brings the action to 2 +.
With a so low rate to fail, the action are always subject to Reaction .

it's quite reasonable and especially "feasible" even for my club buddies. Otherwise i have to change my hobby for scrapbooking or kniting...

hope that's work !

cheers
Eric
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:42:19 AM by nervisfr »
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »
I don't mean to be pedantic  but its 'Run for your Life' not 'live'. never the less your meaning is clear. I think this is a very good rule. I played a game with none-combatant villains and the just kept dithering around instead of running off like I wanted them to do. It's risky activating them if they are gong to fail and loose you the initiative, so you always end up leaving their activation until last, by which time it is often too late as you have already lost the activation.

+2 might be a bit too effective however- +1 should be enough, especially if you get a leader in range of them. AlsoI think C2 is too high for an unarmed women or old man. I go for C1 for any unarmed civilian.
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2016, 07:57:59 AM »
I don't mean to be pedantic  but its 'Run for your Life' not 'live'. never the less your meaning is clear. I think this is a very good rule. I played a game with none-combatant villains and the just kept dithering around instead of running off like I wanted them to do. It's risky activating them if they are gong to fail and loose you the initiative, so you always end up leaving their activation until last, by which time it is often too late as you have already lost the activation.

+2 might be a bit too effective however- +1 should be enough, especially if you get a leader in range of them. AlsoI think C2 is too high for an unarmed women or old man. I go for C1 for any unarmed civilian.

You are right for the good word. Correction done.
I give C2 for adult civilians because they get the trait weak and weavering.
+2 mean a very motivated civilian ....

An another rule if you don't want to modify the original :
Any activation for "running for your life" by civilian don t give up the initiative if fail.
That s mean if a civilian fails this kind of activation he can t move and you can try an another one. And so on.

An another idea is to treat any warrior as leader for fleeing civilian. Because warriors know how to react during combat and can help the civilians in fleeing.

Cheers
Eric

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
Both these ideas are good too. I like the idea of not loosing the initiative best as it does not make their chance of activating as certain as the +2 does, yet you can still activate them at the beginning of your turn without risking loosing the initiative for the rest of your warriors. It also means that their leader models becomes very important as he has to risk his life to save them, which is much more heroic, and would add lost of drama to the game.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2016, 03:34:26 PM »
Great ideas, guys! Here is the text (as it stands now) for the Bring Them in Safely scenario. In this, women and children are tending the town's fields when the enemy raiders appear. They are fleeing for the safety of the town palisade entrance while their husbands, fathers, brothers, etc. are sprinting to rescue them. The raiders want to capture as many of the women and children as possible and kill the defending men, as well.

At the start of each Defender turn, the player rolls for each woman and child.

Special Scenario Rules: The women have a Q5, C0. At the start of the Defender’s turn, roll one die for the movement of each surviving woman or child NOT in contact with enemy. If they are in contact, the Defender chooses whether to roll (and fight vs. free hack if the roll requires movement). If they are in contact with a friendly figure, it is the Defender’s choice whether to roll for them, or to move the figure as detailed below. Roll: 1 =  Freezes in panic or stumbles, no movement; 2-4 = Moves 1 Short towards the gate; 5-6 = Moves 1 Medium towards the gate. If a woman or child is engaged in combat by the Attacker and knocked down or wounded, it is considered captured. At this point, the attacking figure may move it towards his table edge as a captive or leave laying stunned on the ground. If left, it may be “rescued” by Defending figures, and similarly moved towards the gate and safety. Women or children in custody of troops are moved 1 Medium along with the figure, but may not make a second move.

This keeps the movement of the women and children random, but also ensures most will stream towards the town on their own. Feel free to use this, or any of Rob or Eric's excellent suggestions for scenarios.

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:58 AM »
a little advertising about the next step of the saga.

A scenario has been runned this last friday at our club. It's part of the saga but will be reveal to the regular player once they 'll have played the new attempt of the episode 5 with the "Attack of the great camp" (with the new rules "Run for your life" as should said Rob_bresnen  ;)

the scenario is called "The canoe battle" but it's not a naval affair anyway, sorry guys  :'(

a first shot of the scenario, before i have time to drop you the AAR.

the canoes on the river bank, protected by the colonial militia

And the Abenaki, interested by the "free" canoes flotilla.

hope you will like it

Cheers
Eric

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »
hey guys,

i have made a new tuto for the scratchbuilding of "Longhouse" for our future battle scenario on the great Huron camp (replay in a near future).

See right here in french (but try the google translator button to get the feeling).

i'll post an english version of the tuto in the How to section of the LAF.

Hope you'll like it

Cheers
Eric

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2016, 01:21:13 PM »
And a nice tuto it is. :)
Very well done Eric.

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2016, 04:13:42 PM »
merci mon ami

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »
And now, a new part of the Fergusson's Saga :

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr/p/ayant-observe-le-mouvement-des-indiens.html

good reading (or google translator work if any)  ;)

Cheers
Eric

Offline duivelindoosje

• Scientist
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »
looks nice mon cousin, next week will be even better with some civilians on table :-)

did not need the translator

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2016, 08:15:11 AM »
looks nice mon cousin, next week will be even better with some civilians on table :-)

did not need the translator

It's sure, you don't need any translator to throw good dice in a game !   lol lol lol lo
I know you like to raid enemy vilage and scalp every one around but you ll need to reach your objective : find and save the Fergusson women.

Hope your opponent will do some too !   ;)

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 04:19:14 AM »
Unfortunately, *I* do need the translator, mes amis!  lol

Great idea for a scenario, Eric! Sounds like a hard-fought battle. I like how you used "Weak" and "Poor Shot" for the Youths rather than adjust their Quality or Combat scores. We use Q4, C1 and "Wavering" for your Youths in the Beaver Wars playtest. I like that each person can use the Traits to customize what they think represents their ideas best on the table.

I will link your battle report on our First Command website next time I update it! Thank you very much for posting your battle report.

Mike Demana

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2016, 07:51:48 AM »
Unfortunately, *I* do need the translator, mes amis!  lol

Great idea for a scenario, Eric! Sounds like a hard-fought battle. I like how you used "Weak" and "Poor Shot" for the Youths rather than adjust their Quality or Combat scores. We use Q4, C1 and "Wavering" for your Youths in the Beaver Wars playtest. I like that each person can use the Traits to customize what they think represents their ideas best on the table.

I will link your battle report on our First Command website next time I update it! Thank you very much for posting your battle report.

Mike Demana

thank you for your kind comments Mike !
That 's the great advantage of your rules and the ganesha rules engine.
i apply too our own rule about relaoding :
2 Actions (as per the rule) but non consecutive compulsory.
So this is why we use 2 kind of smoke makers.
Shoot and bang ! A black smoke is add on the firer's figurine
First reloading Action (black smoke is subtituted by white smoke)
Second reloading action (white smoke is removed)

;D

cheers
Eric