Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690815
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave Scenarios and Terrain Discussion - Updated for Thaw of the Lich Lord  (Read 21799 times)

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Adam's Frostgrave Scenario and Terrain Discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2015, 08:44:30 AM »
Nice additions they all look great. I use the northstar tokens that I got with the nickstarter but yours look nice too. Thanks for sharing

Offline Awesome Adam

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
I missed the first Nickstarter, and I just don't like to pay for something I can make myself. The official ones do look good. I'd probably pick them up if I could score a good deal on them.

I have my 3rd building for the Silent Tower scenario.

Offline Awesome Adam

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
The Keep Scenario, for Frostgrave, requires 4 2" circles to represent arcane teleportation circies.

and an Archway I built, just because

These marker stones are for a custom scenario, I haven't gotten around to finishing yet

Offline Awesome Adam

• Scientist
Re: Adam's Frostgrave Scenario and Terrain Discussion - Thaw of Lich Lord
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2015, 05:14:43 PM »
Thaw of the Lich Lord Scenarios

10 New scenarios included in the Thaw of the LIch Lord Campaign Supplement

1. Total Eclipse
Your warbands brave Felstad during an eclispe. Things get dark and magic gets more powerful.
Setup: Standard
Special Rules: Diminished line of sight throughout the scenario and a special Spell casting bonus on turn 5, for those under the full eclipse.
Treasure and XP: 50 bonus XP to any Wizard on the Table turn 5

2. Battle on the River
Your warbnds exlpore a ship/ruins out on a frozen river, and they discover they are not alone.
Setup: Break out the ruined ships, if you have them, other than that break out the ruins. Most of the board is considered frozen river
Special Rules: Taking a second movement action requires a Fight test. Failure knocks your model prone and requires an action to get back up.
This scenario also introduces the first NPC spell caster. You'll have to fight a mage to gain entry to the central ruins.
Treasure and XP: 25xp to a wizard who walks on the frozen river, and 50 XP to they warband that defeats the mage

3. Loot the Cart
Your warband encounters a supply wagon, srrounded by some unsavory looking fellows.
Setup: Place a broken down wagon/cart and 4 Death Cultists in the center of the board. Fill the rest of the board as usual.
Special Rules: You guessed it, you hget to fight Death Cultists for the loot in the wagon, but be quick about it, since unbeknownst to your warband the cultists have Ghoul reinforcements coming.
Treasure and XP: Treasure counterd formthe wagon are worth an additional 20Gp, defeating the cultists and Ghouls is worth 10Xp each.

Jubbs71 has a brief tutorial on how to make a wagon with Dollar Store ingredients

4. The Storm of Undeath
Can your warband survie the elements and loot the treasure while avoiding getting struck by lightning ?
Setup: 12" open square in the center of the board with only treasures and the remains of a previous warband
Special Rules: The snowstorm reduces visibility and incurs penalties to all ranged attacks, magic or otherwise.
After the first few turns there is chance of a lightning strike in the opening. Anyone caught in the opening during the lightning strike suffers an attack from the lightning.
Soldiers killed by the lighting become revenants, and all the skeletons in the square animate and attack.
Treasure and XP:
10XP for defeating a skeleton
20Xp for defeating a revenant
20XP for the Wizard entering the sqaure after the lightning strike
50XP for a Wizard who was in the sqaure during the lightning strike

Offline Awesome Adam

• Scientist

Ran the Libary Scenario for Frostgrave last night. The restricted line of sight made for interesting game play