Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 10 - General Discussion (Round 11 started)  (Read 62201 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Well that one was well worth the loss of sleep Mike. A lovely piece of modelling and painting  :)

Offline Temudjin00

• Bookworm

Hmm...looking at that makes all the stress and madness worth it, right...? Right??  lol

Yes, that is a very nice piece indeed. :)

I am heartened to hear other veterans of past LPLs acknowledging the physical/psychological grind of the later rounds. I accept that I am just a painting wimp, having now completed more figures for these last 8 rounds than I completed in the last 8 months ... or possibly in the past 8 years (if I only count fully painted rather than mostly painted models)!  :o 

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
A day off today, so managed to get Round 10 almost done.  Just the bases to go.  Got dayshifts from tomorrow through to Friday, so it looks like I've got a couple of hours each evening to get round 9 done.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
The Lead Painters League Season 10 - General Discussion (Round 8 started)
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2016, 10:09:15 AM »
Round 8 started. Good luck!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Yes, that is a very nice piece indeed. :)

I am heartened to hear other veterans of past LPLs acknowledging the physical/psychological grind of the later rounds. I accept that I am just a painting wimp, having now completed more figures for these last 8 rounds than I completed in the last 8 months ... or possibly in the past 8 years (if I only count fully painted rather than mostly painted models)!  :o 

I agree (the grind and the fact I'm getting stuff painted!). I still have all of round 10 to paint and half of round 11.

So what am I doing with my hobby time? cleaning up 1/600 ACW riverboats instead.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Temudjin00

• Bookworm
So what am I doing with my hobby time? cleaning up 1/600 ACW riverboats instead.

Lol! Why, yes, of course, that is a perfectly sensible thing to be doing with your available time at this point in the competition.  ;)

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
In the process of flocking my entry for the upcoming round 9 ("And now, for something completely different..."  lol). I plan to photograph it and send off the pic Thursday. Meanwhile, Round 10 was glued together tonight, and will likely be primed tomorrow. Chances are, I will be foregoing the "big" bonus points again. I just didn't have anything that matched the theme.

The question is: Will I paint a new entry for Round 11? Or will I forego the "new" bonus and stage and photograph some diabolical scene using previously published figs? I have an idea for a fallback if I don't get a new Round 11 painted...

We're in the home stretch, boys...!  o_o

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Struggling with my round 9 entry.  There just aren't enough hours this week.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
I was at least a week ahead of schedule, but going to Salute followed by the imagine film festival put an end to that, have been struggling with the last few rounds. The only reason I made it this week is because we got a day of to celebrate the kings birthday, normally not a fan of the Dutch Royal house, but he sure helped me out this week  :D spend the entire day painting yesterday and managed to finish my round 9 entry and even managed to start round 10, and there's more national holidays and a days of work in the next two weeks so hopefully will manage to get round 10 and 11 done in time  :D

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Struggling with my round 9 entry.  There just aren't enough hours this week.

Good luck, Thargor...hope you make it! I just sent in Round 9 and Round 10 is primed on my desk staring at me. I have no energy to begin them tonight, though. :(

I did get a chance to do some Google Image searches for ideas on how to paint my fantasy beasties...lots of cool artwork online that gave me ideas.

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline khartoum2

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Feeling your pain

Just sent in round 9 last night no where near what  I would have liked to do but after average 14 hour days for the last few weeks really struggling to keep on top

Fortunately done a bit of the round 10 painting in advance = Next year must pledge to be furtert ahead at the start

Still good fun though

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Well, I have failed to get my team finished for this round, let alone get a picture and submit it.

On the plus side my Round 10 entry is lacking only base detailing, so I should be back in it next week.

Round 11?  Maybe I'll get to finish round 9 and submit that.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Still painting round 9 like a mad man. I will be painting right through the night if necessary. Hopefully the Prof. will accept a delayed incoming entry. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
It's 6:50am on a Saturday morning here. Time to get round 10 and 11 done. Stupid riverboats.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
It's 6:50am on a Saturday morning here. Time to get round 10 and 11 done.Stupid riverboats.

That is crazy talk, man!  Nothing better than a riverboat! 😁