Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690929
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Board Game  (Read 14163 times)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Board Game
« on: February 03, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »
New Kick starter has just just launched. Figures are ok imo. Ill buy them as if it has a ninja turtle on it im in  lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idwgames/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shadows-of-the-past-b?ref=category_newest

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Board Game
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 05:19:48 PM »
Sort of surprising it went to Kickstarter. I don't think IDW has any crowdfunding experience...so I'll need to have a close look at this before I decide if I'm going to put money into it.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:43:28 PM »
Ive backed it for now but i think they will need to offer more to get more buy in. $60 for 4 extra exclusive sculpts is a little but much.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 06:39:32 PM »

Where's my Ninjara?  :(

And does anyone have any idea about the scale of the minis?
I saw someone here on LAF do nicer-looking turtles already and ninjas are plentiful which, when combined with the below, are giving me mixed feelings about this because much as I like Shredder, backing for that mini alone isn't really worth that much money (and he's lacking a cloak anyway despite it being on his card art?).

Sort of surprising it went to Kickstarter. I don't think IDW has any crowdfunding experience...so I'll need to have a close look at this before I decide if I'm going to put money into it.

They do claim it's their 3rd Kickstarter and their profile backs that, though the comments in the two earlier ones seem to indicate several late pledge fulfilments despite their claim of "we have delivered every time with our last project delivering roughly one month ahead of schedule" though in fairness that might refer to the majority of the pledges, I suppose.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 07:26:02 PM »
Now even the Turtles need to take the KS route?! Can't companies directly release games anymore?
Oi..

I'll wait for the TMNT Heroclix to launch or for this game to hit retail to add them to my Mini World.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »
I pledged just to get the ongoing updates, but am reserving the right to drop my pledge if things don't sweeten substantially before the campaign closes. I already have my own turtles and splinter. I painted up a Pulp City guy to look like a decent Casey. If the clix sculpts are decent enough those might be good options too.

The board game could be fun, but I'm more likely to use the figures for other stuff, so we'll see.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »
I agree.   I have a tentative pledge, but need to be impressed to keep it at this point.
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »
I pledged just to get the ongoing updates, but am reserving the right to drop my pledge if things don't sweeten substantially before the campaign closes.

Exactly this. The price of entry is pretty steep, not to mention as-yet-unknown global shipping costs. Better be some sweet stretch goals!

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
New Kick starter has just just launched. Figures are ok imo. Ill buy them as if it has a ninja turtle on it im in  lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idwgames/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shadows-of-the-past-b?ref=category_newest

Kind of surprising too considering that Wizkids is also putting out some Turtle clix next month too.
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 07:12:10 PM »
Different license I think. One is for a board game (which includes miniatures), the other is for collectable gaming figures. Not much difference to us, but from a licensing agreement standpoint I imagine they get treated quite differently.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 10:31:58 PM »
KEvin Wilson made some great games in the past, and the miniature look decent. I think the map tiles look a little bit too bland, just some generic city streets. They could have experimented a bit more, surely there are more interesting locales for the Turtles to fight in? :)

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »
Given I have a set of turtles already, I think I'll wait for the clix.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 01:39:15 PM »
Given I have a set of turtles already, I think I'll wait for the clix.

Im starting to think the same. Everything the freebies they have given is a for the standard pledge so still not seeing the benefit of $60 for 4 figures. The sculpts could be way better imo. For me the previews of the HeroClix are better. 

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 03:31:29 PM »
Wow--this could have been done so much better. Lousy artwork for the "sewer" tiles. (They don't look like sewers to me!), only a single foot sculpt, way too expensive to get the Eastman sculpts. Seems very incoherent. Missed opportunity in my opinion. Wonder if the game is even any good?

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »
Wow--this could have been done so much better. Lousy artwork for the "sewer" tiles. (They don't look like sewers to me!), only a single foot sculpt, way too expensive to get the Eastman sculpts. Seems very incoherent. Missed opportunity in my opinion. Wonder if the game is even any good?

Well we will find out on Monday. Seems strange to launch and no that you need this and not have it. :/