Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:09:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Playtesters needed for fantasy adventure/skirmish game  (Read 9630 times)

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
Playtesters needed for fantasy adventure/skirmish game
« on: November 01, 2016, 05:33:46 AM »
Hi!

I’m looking for playtesters for a fantasy adventure/skirmish game with the working title

The venture - until the last torch.

The game can be played in several ways. You can play through the scenarios (one at the moment) that are included or make your own adventures or you can battle your friends in a skirmish. The game can be played either solo or with your friends.

Contents

- Rulebook
- Scenario booklet
- Character sheet
- 7 class cards
- 43 ability cards
- 42 Weapon/armor cards
- 25 Item cards
- 19 Monster cards
- 14 Terrain tiles

To play the game you will also need a set of dice (d6,d8,d10,d12) and some miniatures.

I need all the help I can get to balance the game and make it better. If you are up for it send me a PM and I will send you a link to the game..

Kind regards

Joel Landberg

Until the last torch!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
Re: Playtesters needed for fantasy adventure/skirmish game
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:29:39 PM »
Pm'd!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 04:24:54 PM »
Hi again!

Seems like the pdf´s where protected from printing. Sorry about that. I have updated the pdf´s so now it should work fine. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks

Joel

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:23:33 PM »
Hi!

I still need more people play testing the game so if you´r up for it send me a note:).  I have just got my first 3D print of a troll  I made in Zbrush for the game. I intend to make a mold of it and cast some metal trolls soon. If you´r interested in getting a copy please let me know and I will see what I can do:).

Joel Landberg

Gabbi

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »
Ok, I've finally printed the rulebook and started reading through it.
First of all, the game look very professionally laid out, with kinda of old-school taste. I honestly think that if the gameplay meets the look, many people on LAF could appreciate the game.
Second thing, I've spotted quite a few typos or mispelled words. Since I'm not English native speaker, I'd ask to some British Gentleman to check it for me :)

I'll write more once I'll actually have read all the rules. Keep up the great work!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 03:18:21 PM »
The troll looks awesome!  :0 can see me needing it in the not so distant future...

I'm reading through the rules at the moment,  looks very promising!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »
I'd be interested to take a look!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »

Second thing, I've spotted quite a few typos or mispelled words. Since I'm not English native speaker, I'd ask to some British Gentleman to check it for me :)

I'll write more once I'll actually have read all the rules. Keep up the great work!

There are quite a lot typos, but Joel knows about that allready ;)

Had my first game last weekend and enjoyed it, will have the second today.

Like Gabbi said, I really love the artwork Joel did, very much old school, in the positive way  :)
The whole look and the game itself reminds me a lot of old gamingbooks, which started the whole hobby for me (For Sommerlund  :D )

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 08:53:21 AM »
Ok, I've finally printed the rulebook and started reading through it.
First of all, the game look very professionally laid out, with kinda of old-school taste. I honestly think that if the gameplay meets the look, many people on LAF could appreciate the game.

Thank you! I´ve drawn a lot of inspiration from old school fantasy for the artwork and gameplay.
I´m sorry about the typos I´m working on it :). Thank you for taking the time I really appreciate it!

The troll looks awesome!  :0 can see me needing it in the not so distant future...

I'm reading through the rules at the moment,  looks very promising!

Thank you! I´m working on a ranger in Zbrush as well. I will post it when it´s done:) Hope you will like the game!

There are quite a lot typos, but Joel knows about that allready ;)

Had my first game last weekend and enjoyed it, will have the second today.

Like Gabbi said, I really love the artwork Joel did, very much old school, in the positive way  :)
The whole look and the game itself reminds me a lot of old gamingbooks, which started the whole hobby for me (For Sommerlund  :D )

Thank you! I got some really good input from you sofar:)  I love those old gamingbooks!
Thank you to for taking the time I really appreciate it!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 10:11:54 AM »
My first impressions are more or less what the others have written, fantastic old school vibe.  The rules so far seem to be a nice balance of crunchy and lean, to get play going quickly but with some feel to it.  You already know about the typos... :D. There are also a couple of odd phrases or in some cases, strange applications of a phrase.  I'll go look when I get home and be more specific.

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 06:39:44 PM »
My first impressions are more or less what the others have written, fantastic old school vibe.  The rules so far seem to be a nice balance of crunchy and lean, to get play going quickly but with some feel to it.  You already know about the typos... :D. There are also a couple of odd phrases or in some cases, strange applications of a phrase.  I'll go look when I get home and be more specific.

Thank you! I'm glad you like the vibe:) It's what we in Sweden call swenglish;) I have had a hard time expressing phrases in english  and some times I have chosen to write them like I would write them in Swedish just to have it written down. I know now that I'm in great need of assistance so if someone is up for it I would be extremly greatfull:)

Joel

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 09:01:21 PM »
Read the rules quickly now and I really like what I see! Me and 4 mates will be playing the first scenario next Thursday. They don't really have a clue what they're going to play. They just know it's an 'oldskool dungeon crawler', so that's going to be fun!

I've got a question: why the difference between Defend and Evade? Defend can be used in melee and against shooting (if equipped with a shield). Evade is a dodge with a 1 square move. Why not 1 stat for these?
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 02:12:41 AM »
I play in 10mm, but I'd love to give the rules a turn with my son!

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 11:48:32 AM »
Read the rules quickly now and I really like what I see! Me and 4 mates will be playing the first scenario next Thursday. They don't really have a clue what they're going to play. They just know it's an 'oldskool dungeon crawler', so that's going to be fun!

I've got a question: why the difference between Defend and Evade? Defend can be used in melee and against shooting (if equipped with a shield). Evade is a dodge with a 1 square move. Why not 1 stat for these?

Thank you! Sounds great I will be looking forward to hear from you and your friends :)

When I made the two stats I wanted a diffrence how classes behave between the heavier classes like Knight, barbarian and warrior and light classes like ranger, thief, mage. I also wanted the ranged classes to have a edge towards heavy melee classes like the Knight, barbarian, warrior by giving the heavier classes a weaker evade value making them a easier targets for ranged weapons. And I wanted the lighter classes to have a disadvantage when they wanted to defend giving them a weaker defend value and making them vulnerable if cornered.
I´m not really sure about the roll of the shield yet so it would be great to hear from your playtests how it works for you.

Joel 

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 07:14:05 AM »
Thought as much :). Thanks for the insight!

Two more questions:
1. How long do torches last when lit?
2. Are there tables for the randomly appearing creatures and treasure chest available?