Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691077
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rogue One Discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!  (Read 22957 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Rogue One Discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »
Not really. According to 3PO in Star Wars their previous owner was 'Captain Antilles', who was the captain of the Tantive IV. Not Bail Organa.

Yes I know that, it was just impression when seeing the movie!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »
I'm in the market for one of the visual guides - anyone leaded through them (seems to be a couple of similar but different versions)? Which is the 'best' (i.e. Has the most in it)? I'm particularly interested in images of Jedha, Gerrera'a gang and other assorted civilian type stuff.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »
F#@King loved it!

Great story,  great executing and great CGI on Cushing. I håber no clue if it's a good film though. Too much of a star wars nut to tell.

I thought Forever Awakens was stale in comparison.  That film was a direct result of the three prequel disasters.

Hadn't the prequels existed Force Awakens would probably have been a totally different story.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2016, 08:27:24 PM »
FYI - Bothans died to get the Death Star 2 plans.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2016, 10:21:32 PM »
Have to wonder why no A or B wings were present, considering the new cannon has the rebels having both of those before they got X and Y wings....Yes I know that doesn't make sense, but Rebels :/

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2016, 06:38:59 AM »
Cannot understand though where all the Bothans that died to bring the information where?
As people still get this tidbit confused. The Bothans died bringing the plans to the second Deathstar in RotJ.

Grimm

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »
Saw it yesterday and have to say I enjoyed it immensely, so much better than Episode VII.

Good point about the deaths.
I took it for granted that Jyn, and possibly Cassian, would survive. Even as they sat by the shore, watching the wave. But you're right - it's good for the film that they die.

While I agree that the deaths of most of heroes were well done and were needed to give the movie more of a feeling a desperation for the rebels/grittiness to the subject matter I thought Jyn and Cassian's deaths were a waisted opportunity, a bit like Kirk's death in Generations!

Of course it could just be that I grew to care for these characters over the course of this one movie than I probably ever will for Rey and Fynn overe the course of three movies just because Episode VII will colour my perceptions going forward.

Plus I think Jones and Luna had better on-screen chemisrty than Ridley and Boyega.

the next non-trilogy movie is slated to be the adventures of teenage heart throb Han Solo, I guess Disney has decided that SW sells better as a cartoon.

That's the missed opportunity of this moive for the future, Jyn and Cassian had the legs to support thier own trilogy, maybe a moive set between each of the original saga movies, with thier eventual deaths coming with the Bothans when gathering intel about DS2 but Disney don't seem to want direct competition to for headlining saga parts of the franchise.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2016, 10:55:31 AM »
(Someone is going to say the last 4 films were good. Just a heads up, no one believes you, you filthy liar!  :D )

I know it is meant funny,  ;) but it is kinda tiresome.  ::)
I liked Ep III and II, and all this negative bashing just isn't fitting the civilized tone on this forum!

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »
I saw it yesterday and i loved it.
Probably the best but i also liked all the others, some more others less but the universe of Star Wars is there in all and there is always good ideas for us gamers to take from all the movies. :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »
For Force's sake, the day I go to see the movie the discussion escalated quickly.  lol

I removed the tangent's posts and will remove further attempts to get this political. Please discuss the movie on its cinematic merits and how it fits into the universe. For the rest, there are other fora which welcome such discussion, but the LAF is NOT the place to do so.

My impression: Great movie, IMHO the best of the franchise except maybe ESB. Grand visuals, nice plot and dialogue that wasn't too hammy, and not a single adorable/annoying little character thingie in sight. IMHO, it managed to de-suck everything that was diminished by the Prequels' take on it.

Could have done without the 3D, though. Sadly my theatre doesn't show a non-3D-version.

Also, I liked Director Krennics glorious 70s hair.  lol

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2016, 08:56:29 PM »
Nice one.

The 70's inspired styling was a great touch actually - the kind of thing that's easy to overlook but jarring if they'd missed it out.

Offline whiskey priest

• Scientist
    • the Leadpile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2016, 09:42:18 PM »
It was all about the moustache's, that was the most obvious styling choice fro the blokes in the rebel control centre on Yavin. I really liked the idea the rebellion wasn't unified and had been fighting a fairly dirty war, it adds shades of grey to the whole story. Was one of the rebel council members Kayvan Novak? (thats his real name not the character  ;) )

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2016, 11:20:46 PM »
It was all about the moustache's, that was the most obvious styling choice fro the blokes in the rebel control centre on Yavin. I really liked the idea the rebellion wasn't unified and had been fighting a fairly dirty war, it adds shades of grey to the whole story. Was one of the rebel council members Kayvan Novak? (thats his real name not the character  ;) )

Haha as in Fonejaker?!

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2016, 11:23:34 PM »
Saw it tonight and loved it. I loved the homages to WW2 and vietnam war movies, even to Alien and Aliens with the rain and the lights in the dark. The rebel helmets look good.
I wondered what use moisture evaporators have on a foggy planet. No jedi in sight really worked. Rebel extremists kick ass.
Was Leia CGI or is it original old footage mixed in??
Darth Vader is a bad mofo taking out so much rebel scum on his own.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 03:45:51 AM »
Although they look exactly like the Lars family moisture evaporators they are apprently soil purifiers. The rings of that planet are particles of a pulverized moon and that event contaminated the surface.