Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Relicblade: adventure battle game  (Read 20712 times)

Offline MetalKingStudio

• Assistant
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Relicblade: adventure battle game
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2016, 06:22:29 PM »
Oh. And I thought I was done with Kickstarter  lol
bought the rules. Still need to buy the cards yet. Haven't read the rules yet. Wondering if my seven year old would be able to work with them?

I've run several games with kids around that age and they all were really into it. I tried to design a game that wasn't too rules heavy, but had a lot of depth in the actual gameplay. He or She may not dive too deep into upgrade synergy, but slamming knights into pigs is pretty darn fun.

My 4 year old daughter was my first play tester, and her character "Rainbow Glitter Fountain" the Valkyrie was the first character... maybe she should be released in the future  :)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2016, 06:28:18 PM »
My 4 year old daughter was my first play tester, and her character "Rainbow Glitter Fountain" the Valkyrie was the first character... maybe she should be released in the future  :)

For sure she should, would love to field her one day  :D

Offline MetalKingStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 01:34:50 AM »
Hi Friends,
I've been working hard on creating some new content as I ramp up to the Kickstarter that launches Feb 9th.
In order to make it easier for people to learn about the game, and see how it's played I made a few simple videos and posted them up on YouTube. Theres a basic gameplay overview and a full 100 point battle report. I'm really happy about the battle report, because it really just shows how much fun a couple of friends are having with the game.  :D

You can get at the YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm3Rgu5Kjo7ydJWcxH4PnzQ

I'm also patching together some concept art for characters I want to add to the game as the Kickstarter funds. I thought you might like to see a few of those drawings too.

Thanks for checking it out!

Your friend,

Sean.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 04:31:25 AM »
Oh yes oh yes oh yes. I was considering trying to stop KS but I think I may give you some cash if I can afford postage. Love the concepts especially the first skeledog dark wanderer and fishman. Does that say 40mm by the fishman?
Edit, lol now I see it's an Ogor and not a fishman.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:11:33 PM by beefcake »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 04:32:43 AM »
I've run several games with kids around that age and they all were really into it. I tried to design a game that wasn't too rules heavy, but had a lot of depth in the actual gameplay. He or She may not dive too deep into upgrade synergy, but slamming knights into pigs is pretty darn fun.

My 4 year old daughter was my first play tester, and her character "Rainbow Glitter Fountain" the Valkyrie was the first character... maybe she should be released in the future  :)

I recently bought my daughter (4 y/o) some minis and she now has a unicorn. I think I may be able to fit that into things somehow. She loves it. It is painted pink and purple.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2016, 10:53:05 AM »
This is all looks very interesting, really liking the simplicity of the actions and dice mechanic.

The characters remind me somehow of the Darkest Dungeon PC game (http://www.darkestdungeon.com/) which is not a bad thing at all.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline MetalKingStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »
@beefcake Ha! Good. I should probably make a unicorn card so our daughters can be happy. Heres a shot of my daughters unicorn. It appears great little girls think alike. She also loved dry brushing and mixed all the colors herself (because I don't have a good pink or purple, apparently)

Also, Yes. The Ogor characters are all 40mm (they'll be on 40mm bases and large, though lanky). I can't wait to sculpt them.

@Furt I was playing a ton of Darkest Dungeon when I decided to make this game. I sure like that game. That said, I've been reading Hell Boy since the 1990s, and Mike Mignola is one of my core influences as an artist.

PS!
I'm doing more YouTube stuff. Episode 1 of a new series on creating characters is up. I'm going to run through the whole process from Concept to Production. In the first episode you'll get to watch me sketch out and draw the design for the Thief, and hear a few brief thoughts. I bust into sculpting in the next episodes.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »
Was about to post a link to your new video  ;)

It's very interesting to see the step by step development, looking forward for the next episodes.

Oh, and great unicorn your daughter has, and she was right about mixing he own colours  8)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »
That's a very well painted unicorn. My daughter just puts paint everywhere o Bly thinking a little bit about. What would look good where. Kind of a rainbow coloured unicorn with her own ideas about the colours. Lol
Concept art looks great.

Offline MetalKingStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 08:03:21 PM »
Cora's first mini was aptly named "Rainbow Horse"

She was feeling particularly able while she painted that mini, some days I can't get her to write her own name! she's in charge...  -_-

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 06:24:10 PM »
Just to let you know, second video is online about creating the Thief  :)

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 01:19:16 AM »
The castings are top quality, for those following.  I've not played yet, but I am getting ready to!

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2016, 05:24:42 PM »
The castings are top quality, for those following. 

Indeed they are.
And for those interested, I made some comparison-shot:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=84915.msg1062661#msg1062661

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2016, 06:09:22 PM »
Three Pigmen barbarians assembled so far.  I pin everything, but for those curious, I don't think pinning is essential, as the joins are pretty darn good.  Can't wait to play.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2016, 06:28:02 PM »
Can confirm that pinning is not necessary  ;)