Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ogrob's fantasy projects - We need axes 17/3  (Read 128676 times)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Swamp orc spearmen for Oathmark 11/7
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2021, 02:20:18 PM »
But aren't they an entirely different sub-species? E.g. they exist in addition to, rather than instead of, the Ironjawz type orcs etc. Not to derail Ogrob's thread!

I think due to the nature of Age of Sigmar, new models means new rules (unit choices etc) and it gets frustrating to play a faction that does not receive any new releases when others do. One of the many reasons I am happy to have moved over to indie games from my competetive Warmachine days.

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2021, 04:26:20 PM »
Those orcs really did turn out well! Great to see those GW figs on square bases :)

Inspiring stuff!

Thanks
n

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #452 on: July 13, 2021, 04:49:32 PM »
Those orcs looks great  8)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Thugs and a thief 22/6
« Reply #453 on: July 13, 2021, 09:40:26 PM »
Another little kitbash today. I built this one a while back, not even sure exactly when. Grabbed it last week and started putting some paint on her and now she is done. She should work well as a Treasure Hunter for Frostgrave or a Recruit for Rangers of Shadow Deep.

What do you think?
That is really nice.

I had not really thought about the Fireforge Folk Rabble. On my shopping list. Thanks.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Thugs and a thief 22/6
« Reply #454 on: July 14, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »
That is really nice.

I had not really thought about the Fireforge Folk Rabble. On my shopping list. Thanks.

Thank you! It's a nifty kit with some useful bits. Always good to have some variety in heads, especially female which are rare enough.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #455 on: July 15, 2021, 02:31:30 PM »
Hey, remember when this thead was about a SAGA Age of Magic project? I have a hundred other things I'm working on, but the new Oathmark human cavalry had been sat untouched for a few weeks and cried out for attention, so I decided to make eight warriors on horse with composite bows for the Autumnwood guardians.

Really enjoyed building these, the oathmark cav is a very nice looking kit and has some wonderful new hooded heads. I used Oathmark light elf arms as I really like how they look, some light elf heads as well, and finally cut two Frostgrave female torsos off their bodies and built to female warriors as well. All of the models have a variety of bags and spare weapons from different frostgrave sprues too.

What do you think?

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Kitbashing some mounted rangers 15/7
« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2021, 02:34:02 PM »
Great kitbashing as usual mate!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2021, 07:08:29 PM »
Looking very good so far. Can't wait to see them with a lick of paint.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #458 on: July 15, 2021, 08:23:43 PM »
They look grate! I want also something similar for Oathmark Mounted Rangers...

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2021, 10:08:22 PM »
They look grate! I want also something similar for Oathmark Mounted Rangers...

Thanks! These were fun to build, so I may come back and make a ten man unit in my Oathmark colour scheme as well. I bought two boxes of the Cavalry with no real plans for what to do with them, and I don't really need any medium Cavalry.

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #460 on: July 15, 2021, 10:26:19 PM »
Haven’t picked up any of the Oathmark Cavalry yet, but seeing yours makes me tempted - nice work as always mate  :)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #461 on: July 16, 2021, 01:21:34 AM »
Those look great! I like the kit bashing you do to get some variety in the units.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #462 on: July 16, 2021, 02:55:03 AM »
They look great :-* :-* :-*
One problem,however; the quivers placement would probably make for a very nervous and discombobulated horse ;)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2021, 09:00:27 PM »
Ogrob, you say, haven't you started a bajilion projects this summer? Did you finish those Dominion orcs, or paint the mounted Rangers yet? No, of course not. I built a new army instead!

For some background this army came about for a couple of reasons. When GW previewed Yndrasta, the Stormcast hero from the new core set, I was really taken by the model in a way Stormcast haven't before. It was the Orcs that made me buy a copy of Dominion, my first GW box in two decades, but I did want to do something with Yndrasta as well.

Second, an idea has been sitting in the back of my head for a while now of making an angelic themed Otherworld force for SAGA: Age of Magic. Otherworld is the only faction not played at our gaming club (soon opening again after a year of pandemic closure). I liked the idea that Otherworld doesn't have to be evil demons, and I had this idea of something like the Archangel from Heroes of Might and Magic III.

And third, I saw Johan Egerkrans' fantastic take on a down to earth Stormcast with a Sallet instead of the facemask. Put these things together and I decided to build the Dominion Stormcast side as my angelic Otherworld army for SAGA. Yndrasta would be a Warlord, and I decided on some Winged hearthguard and some regular Hearthguard from regular Stormcast. I ordered some bits, and upon returning from a visit to my parents last night, said bits had arrived. Naturally I spent the day bashing bits together.

Here is everything assembled so far:

Yndrasta is just straight build from the box:

Three hearthguard, the two ladies have Fireforge teuton heads, and the man has a Scibor knight head

Two more hearthguard, one straight from the box (there are some nice bare heads there) and one Scibor knight head

Three fancier hearthguard (elite Stormcast). The lady has a head from the original kit, the two lads another pair of Scibor heads.

Two winged hearthguard, again a Fireforge and a Scibor head. Wings are resin prints.

Another Scibor head and a bare head from Dominion.

This lady has the Champion head from the Oathmark human cavalry, while the lad has another Scibor head.

I plan to paint them in rusty dented steel armour, with dirty white cloth and probably a fair number of crosses to create that Crusader feel. I call them the Knights of the Rusty Cross.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:26:20 PM by Ogrob »

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
The conversions look great so far! The resin wings are fantastic

Really looking forward to seeing them painted up!