Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 18464 times)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2022, 10:56:06 PM »
Am I the only one missing something? What about the music?!
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2022, 07:09:38 AM »
I had to look up the tune of another series to identify this almost subliminal message, but I finally got it.

I can be rather dense at times... ::)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2022, 07:52:54 AM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:50:06 PM by Grumpy Gnome »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2022, 08:25:18 AM »
He was also in a NZ soap opera!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2022, 09:09:46 AM »
Am I the only one missing something? What about the music?!

You need to think about who that little musical signature always accompanies, and remember, they're looking for hired muscle.

Is it me or is there a mismatch between Boba finding Fennec in the book of, and the same incident in the Mandalorian?

I seem to remember that in the Mandalorian episode Boba appeared right at the end, observing from afar and it was day time. In episode 4 of book of, he sees the flares and appears at night, must rewatch it to satisfy my geeky OCD inner self.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2022, 09:53:46 AM »
I did like the Wookie (Krrsantan) drinking and getting angered at the sight of a crew of Trandoshans enjoying themselves and the subsequent outcome.
Also, liked the scene at the Sarlacc Pit. The burning barge in the background, the use of the sonic charge were nice touches. Using a sonic charge made sense - unlike using it in the vacuum of space!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:55:14 AM by nozza_uk »

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2022, 10:25:33 AM »
I seem to remember that in the Mandalorian episode Boba appeared right at the end, observing from afar and it was day time. In episode 4 of book of, he sees the flares and appears at night, must rewatch it to satisfy my geeky OCD inner self.

My bad, I'm mixing it up with the episode from season 2, the marshal. The incident from The book of & the Mandalorian do match up.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2022, 05:07:19 PM »
Ugh not a fan of the last episode either, while I liked the first two episodes, they are quickly losing me, it seems to me all this series is doing is, trying to  make Boba Fett look incompetent, ChewBlacka was the only redeeming quality in the last episode.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2022, 06:45:27 PM »
I caught the music right away, but I love the soundtracks for both shows.

This was my least favorite episode, but still fun. Nice to see the Slave I in action again, though I thought that flying it over the Sarlacc was a bit silly. Likewise, the modification den felt out of place or out of character. They are leaning a bit too much into this mod-gang thing. I don't mind a little extra flavor added to the Star Wars Universe, but not it feels like we are trying to paint everything with that brush. I assumed that an operation like replacing Luke's hand was a luxury afforded to the few and not a thing that people did for giggles. I suppose that even a place like Tatooine has to "Grow up" at some point, but the Star Hipsters trying to gentrify Mos Espa is too far!  >:(  lol

I was seriously entertained by the rat-catcher droid scene and the conference room table above the rancor. Krrsantan doing what wookies are best known for was also a nice touch. I feel like I've been promised that moment since I was a little kid!  lol

At this point, I'm also hoping that Boba hiring muscle lines up with his conversations with Fennec about starting a bounty hunter family. If we can get Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, Zuckuss and 4-Lom back together, I'll be over the moon. 

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2022, 10:23:14 PM »
Krrsantan doing what wookies are best known for was also a nice touch. I feel like I've been promised that moment since I was a little kid!  lol

I thought that and the equivalent scene in Solo (strangely underrated in my view) are two of the better in-jokes in post-original Star Wars.

I also liked the return of smaller Trandoshans (not seen in live action since 1977, I think - I've no idea about the cartoons).

My son's also taken some inspiration from the series for his tin-foil and Fimo projects ; our recent visit to the Harrhausen exhibition provided the catalyst.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2022, 10:47:49 PM »
I caught the music right away, but I love the soundtracks for both shows.

This was my least favorite episode, but still fun. Nice to see the Slave I in action again, though I thought that flying it over the Sarlacc was a bit silly. Likewise, the modification den felt out of place or out of character. They are leaning a bit too much into this mod-gang thing. I don't mind a little extra flavor added to the Star Wars Universe, but not it feels like we are trying to paint everything with that brush. I assumed that an operation like replacing Luke's hand was a luxury afforded to the few and not a thing that people did for giggles. I suppose that even a place like Tatooine has to "Grow up" at some point, but the Star Hipsters trying to gentrify Mos Espa is too far!  >:(  lol

Eh, I look at it like this. Luke got a high class surgical prosthetic that emulates his real hand perfectly  even with fake skin. These modders though are repurposing droid bits for both an aesthetic and combat edge. It's like a guy getting a running blade versus a peg-leg with a knife on the end. Similar but different.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2022, 04:44:07 AM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:51:13 PM by Grumpy Gnome »

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2022, 05:38:18 AM »
I don’t know,she is a fox though ;)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2022, 07:40:16 AM »
In the WEG D6 rules there was a pre-designed cyborg character (along with smugglers, engineers, force users etc) that could be used if players didn’t want to create their own so I’ve got no problem with it.

Also, there’s always been a distinct lack of blood in Star Wars, partly because blaster shots cauterise the wounds and partly because it’s for kids  :)

she is a fox though ;)

Seconded  ;D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."