Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697703
  • Total Topics: 118854
  • Online Today: 620
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Alternative bodies compatible with War of the Roses Perry Miniatures (new heads)  (Read 68521 times)

Offline Maxromek

• Librarian
I think "torse" is an English terms and refers more to the ones worn over bascinets in slightly earlier period. "Mazzocchio" would then be the ones worn over bascinets in Italy. I think they may also be a difference in construction and material, but pleas don't quote me 😅

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
I decided that i need more Italian flavor, what better than some Barbute helmets. Im thinking of doing some more variants.

I just bought a few packs of your other late medieval  heads,  I will definitely be buying these too!
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Love those barbutes. My favourite helmet of the era  :-*

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Love those barbutes. My favourite helmet of the era  :-*
Thank you! If there are any ideas for other Barbure styles, Im open to suggestions

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Great looking heads, I can't wait to get my hands on these, they would work really well for a unit of Italian mercenaries in Burgundian service I have in mind...
On the subject of headdress, I think the word you're looking for is mazocchio. Have a look at this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Uccello_mazzocchio2.jpg from this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaperon_(headgear), in the paragraph The capuccio in Renaissance art. Hope it helps :)
Thank you! Thats the word I was looking for

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist

I just bought a few packs of your other late medieval  heads,  I will definitely be buying these too!

Thank you so much!

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
This is an extra pose for the pole arm front rankers, commissioned by Steel Fist Miniatures

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Im very happy to announce that very soon these 6 pole arm, front ranker bodies, and two sets of feathered plumes (one with orbs and one without), will be available from Steel Fist Miniatures.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
I've been looking for good sets of feathers for ages, so this is an amazing addition!  :o

The new bodies look amazing as well!

Offline Stärn vo Buebebärg

• Schoolboy
This is good news indeed! The miniatures look wonderful and the plumes will be very handy! Plumes for everyone, finally!

Offline Jack Jones

• Scientist
    • Sands of Soudan
On the subject of headdress, I think the word you're looking for is mazocchio. Have a look at this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Uccello_mazzocchio2.jpg from this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaperon_(headgear), in the paragraph The capuccio in Renaissance art. Hope it helps :)

I think "torse" is an English terms and refers more to the ones worn over bascinets in slightly earlier period. "Mazzocchio" would then be the ones worn over bascinets in Italy. I think they may also be a difference in construction and material, but pleas don't quote me 😅

Brilliant! I was wondering about this, but hadn’t got around to doing the research. The rest of the wiki article is really interesting too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 04:51:58 PM by Jack Jones »

Offline Jack Jones

• Scientist
    • Sands of Soudan
Im very happy to announce that very soon these 6 pole arm, front ranker bodies, and two sets of feathered plumes (one with orbs and one without), will be available from Steel Fist Miniatures.

Oh! My! Fantastic! Now I’m considering a pike armed mercenary unit for my WotR project 🤔

Cheers
JJ

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Great sculpting work again!

Offline Ronin1978

• Schoolboy
Bene bene prevedo un bell'ordine per Steelfist tra tardo medievale, samurai e Guerre d' italia.
Bravo bel lavoro migliori sempre di più.

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Bene bene prevedo un bell'ordine per Steelfist tra tardo medievale, samurai e Guerre d' italia.
Bravo bel lavoro migliori sempre di più.

Ευχαριστώ πολύ!  :)