Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:06:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dust Tactics picked up by Fantasy Flight Games  (Read 12373 times)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Dust Tactics picked up by Fantasy Flight Games
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 02:42:39 AM »
That's just your OPINION!! LOL....yes, we are a highly opinionated group.

Well LA isn't the same as a game or manufacturer specific forum. In fact I always tell people to pay more attention to sites like this than their own forums.

I understand your point very well.  Possibly I'm a bit spoiled by all the 'small companies' I support.  For instance Robert is very active on the Darkson Designs forum, Nathan on the Wyrd one, Jim on the Grindhouse Games (Sotr), Andy at Heresy on Forum of Doom.

These companies aren't in the same position. They need to rely on those fanatic fans to get the game promoted and give it attention. FFG has store owners demoing new FFG games and people know the company well enough to trust a new game. Darkson, Grindhouse etc don't have that sort of public brand awareness.

That said, they should always step outside of their own forums to get a wider view of how their products are perceived. Your fans can cloud your thinking.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 03:44:58 AM »
I don't disagree with that at all.  Makes good sense.  I've been on enough forums to see how a rabid fan base can make the gaming company miss it's mark.

However, don't you think a company, even one as established as FFG, should pay some attention to the forums?  Games Workshop, who find success despite themselves, have spent years alienating their customer base, especially the online presences. 

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 05:09:55 AM »
However, don't you think a company, even one as established as FFG, should pay some attention to the forums? 

I think FFG has made a fairly smart decision to limit their participation and lower the expectations and sense of entitlement that people on their forums have.

I think GW's forums are a perfect example of what can happen to a company forum when people think that there is someone at the company listening to their issues and complaints. Or look at the mess that the Privateer Press forums are turning into.

Forums can be useful to view problems that people have with products but the amount of useful information that you can get from them is pretty limited.