Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690665
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League Season 5  (Read 119629 times)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: The Lead Painters' League Season 5
« Reply #480 on: May 12, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
Just made a test shot to see if everything will fit in the pictre ands noticed a few thing that just need  bit more attention...  Probably will be sending in the picture tomorow :)

I reckon it will be a great Sunday  :-*
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #481 on: May 12, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
I'd just like to say well done to everybody that managed to make it all the way through the LPL. It's been a long, hard ten weeks trying to keep up the pace and submit something worthy. There's also , so far, been some brilliant entries and some great eye-candy to look at every Sunday morning. So well done everyone!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2011, 07:18:09 AM »
This is me throwing in the towel before round 10. I won't be able to finish the entry. I will have to show it at a later stage when circumstances allows it.

Offline Remgain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2011, 07:52:37 AM »
This is me throwing in the towel before round 10. I won't be able to finish the entry. I will have to show it at a later stage when circumstances allows it.

:( :(

Hammers,
I really hope things will go better.

Marco

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2011, 09:32:36 AM »
It's a shame Hammers but you've had a good run with eight new entries! All of them fabulous, so well done!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:19 AM »
Sad to hear that Hammers. Your entries have been a real inspiration, you did great in my book!

Well, round 10 is in (not really happy with the pictures, but no time left). Have been starting to feel the pressure myself since round 4 with projects on deadlines and the wedding day taking up a lot of time. Still managed to paint 10 fresh entries, but had to cut some corners.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the entries this sunday. Again it's been great (albeit quite stressfull at times) to compete in the LPL along side everyone of you, thanks to all! Good luck in the last round! :)

Offline ugsome

• Librarian
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
Number 10 is sent in.
I can really understand all these movie makers that have no budget, little scenery,
bad special effect equipment and little time.
And I must admit that in this film 'actors' were hurt after the scenery collapsed.
One 'actor' even fell 3 meters. So any anachronistic bandages spotted is due to this
unfortunate accident (if you actually fail to spot any other anachronistic things in this production).

Good luck to everyone. Won't be able to see anything until Sunday evening.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
I hope everything is alright! It's a shame not to have you finish what was a very strong effort for the win. Anyway your entries have been brilliant and inspiring. Cheers!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #488 on: May 13, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
Thanks, fellows, it's just shit of the sort which happens. While disappointing one does well reminding oneself once in a while that this, after all, is but a hobby. :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:34:50 AM by Hammers »

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #489 on: May 13, 2011, 11:40:03 AM »
Round 10 is in  :) :) :)

It's a shame you are not going to make it Hammers, but that's indeed the way things go. Take your time finishing the setup and show it whenever you think it's ready. I guess a lot of people are interested n seeing what you made!

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
« Reply #490 on: May 13, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »
Late Fri pm here, just finished painting, helped by being just a little bit pissed- helps with the oh that's enough, that'll have to do attitude  :o Hopefully I'll flock the bases tomorrow am before work and then take pics (crosses fingers for good light) after

Add me to the list of admirers  and those inspired by your work please Hammers, I'm sorry that you won't be able to finish things as you'd like, best wishes
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #491 on: May 13, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »
 :'( :'( Sorry to hear that Hammers....But I understand your position...I will certainly not finish my vehicle/terrain piece...just too much going on this week including several after work training sessions that ate up all my painting time... o_o I will have two opposing teams though....so I'll only miss out on 10 bonus points.

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #492 on: May 13, 2011, 03:09:13 PM »
All done! What a slog! Can't wait to see what everyone has come up with.  :)

Offline Bobbo

• Librarian
« Reply #493 on: May 13, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »
Add me to the "Not going to finish the vehicle/terrain" group.  Actually, I might be a member of the "Didn't even finish the second team" group also.  First team is nearly finished (detailing and basing left) but the second team doesn't have a lick of paint on them yet...

With everything due 7:00 AM local time tomorrow morning, tonight might be a really long night...

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #494 on: May 13, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »

I’m working on round ten entry at the moment. If I can’t finish in time I will need to use yet an other "old team". Anyhow, it won’t be movie related :(

Also, I was wondering if bonus for "new team" apply to round 10 or is it only the theme related bonuses that count?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/