Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dungeon Adventures - an Otherworld Miniatures crowdfunding project  (Read 13785 times)

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Dungeon Adventures - an Otherworld Miniatures crowdfunding project
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »
There was some debate over on the Otherworld forum about whether the stretch goal rewards should be available only to backers of the campaign. Most people, regardless of the amount of money they had put in, were in favour of making them part of the normal range. A decision, one way or another, is expected before the end of the campaign.

I suspect they will ultimately be part of the normal range, so high level campaign backers will simply be getting them for free.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 10:22:43 AM »
Overnight, Otherworld have achieved the US$ 30,000 Stretch Goal.
There are some new pictures and updates.
http://www.indiegogo.com/otherworldDA

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »
I'm still trying to dig up as much cash as possible...but time is running short!

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »
There's new demi-human concept art up on the campaign site!  ;)

Offline Welf VIII.

• Librarian
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
So, come on guys! We have just reached $35,000 which means yet another stretch goals has beren reached.

So anybody, who puts $280 into this great project will earn the following:

- 12 human male adventurers
- 12 demi-human male adventurers
- 12 female human and demi-human adventurers
- 10 Hirelings & Henchmen
- 1 Mule
- Expedition Equipment
(all in four lovely boxes usable to transport miniatures - small feldherrn boxes with a great cover)
- 3 Bonus Henchmen
- Weapons & Equipment Pack
- Treasure Item Pack
- Adventurers' Stores Pack
- Adventurers' Campsite
- Adventurers' Cart and a Mule
- 2 War Dogs
- 6 Animal Familiars

This is great but I want more:

- At $40,000, again for Level 5+ a pack of Magic Users’ Familiars (special) – quasit, pseudo-dragon, brownie, imp, homonculus.
- At $45,000, for Level 4 and above, a Dwarf Mercenary Warrior, lightly armoured but heavily armed!  Designed and sculpted by the multi-talented Des Hanley.
- At $50,000, for Level 7 only, a pack of 4 Slain Adventurers - the gruesome remains of the Fighter, Cleric, Magic User and Thief from DAB1.

To achieve this, more people must come on board. Let's make it happen! Only five days are remaining!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2012, 10:09:17 PM »
Well I pledged for all it was worth. I haven't recieved any confirmation mail. Welf, did you get one?
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Welf VIII.

• Librarian
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »
I did receive one from indiegogo (and one from paypal) right after payment:

"Thank you for your contribution to Otherworld Miniatures - Dungeon Adventures

Please keep this message as your confirmation.

Contribution Amount: $280

Perk: Level 7 (All 4 boxed sets from the DAB range. You will receive DAB1 - Human Male Characters, DAB2 - Demi-human Male Characters, DAB3 - Female Characters, DAB4 - Hirelings and Henchmen. In addition, you will receive 3 bonus figures, only available as part of this Indiegogo campaign, a Henchman Pack-bearer, a Lantern-bearer, a Mule-handler. Includes worldwide shipping.)

Appearance: Identity-Only Contribution - Your identity will be public, but your amount will not

Payment Method: via PayPal

Need to add more information about your contribution, or ask about your perk? Send a comment email to the campaign owner.

Encourage others to support this campaign! Go to the campaign page and leave a comment or share the campaign with friends.

Cheers,
The Indiegogo Team
Not finding what you need? Visit our Help Center. "

Must be a technical problem, you should contact Mr. Otherworld.

Offline otherworld

• Librarian
    • Otherworld Miniatures
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
Well I pledged for all it was worth. I haven't recieved any confirmation mail. Welf, did you get one?

Doomhippie, if you pm me your name and address (and approx date of your contribution), I'll check to see if your details are listed in the pledgers' database.
Otherworld Miniatures Webstore - http://www.otherworldminiatures.co.uk

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2012, 02:06:32 PM »
Is it wrong that I am seriously considering pledging for level 7 just because of the Pseudodragon at the 40k stretch?

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
Is it wrong that I am seriously considering pledging for level 7 just because of the Pseudodragon at the 40k stretch?

No, it's not.  :D I was thinking about pledging a 2nd time but thnakfully weren't drunk enough to do so... But I think Otherworld's models are well worth the support. In that I am really all with Welf.

Doomhippie, if you pm me your name and address (and approx date of your contribution), I'll check to see if your details are listed in the pledgers' database.

Thanks, I've just send the email. Hope I didn't screw up, otherwise I'll have to give it another go.  ;)

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 08:14:52 AM »
$42,126 is kind of pitiful for this project. when things like Reaper bones/Bombshell babes are triple that. I bet you could jump it up by posting some concept art or greens of some of the female figures(lots of us like the ladies) I know you only have 48hrs left but if that was done and advertised bet you could get a lot more. just an Idea. 
That being said I am in at level 7 the greens look great concept art a bit goofy on some. $4.00 or so a figure not bad
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2012, 10:08:06 AM »
I keep hearing people compare the Otherworld campaign to Reaper's. They're not really doing the same thing are they? Isn't Reaper pushing the envelope with their 'plastic' production? Otherworld are trying to round out their existing ranges with the much requested PC types. I'd say they were doing very well. Perhaps Otherworld didn't anticipate just how successful they'd be? Hence a crowdfunding direction.

You can't just compare one miniature crowdfunding project with another. They are all going for something different. At least I would hope so.

Personally, I wouldn't buy oversized/inconsistently sized, plastic miniatures, no matter how well they were marketed.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2012, 12:28:23 PM »
The message is coming across loud & clear from Otherworld that they are very happy with the funding that this campaign has achieved. The money raised will allow them to produce and release a quite comprehensive range of adventurer types - which their niche customer base clearly want - in a comparatively short space of time. The alternative would have been to fund it from profits which would have meant releasing figures in dribs & drabs over years.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2012, 04:58:14 PM »
The fact that Bombshell Babes gets thrice the funding compared to otherworld just saddens me beyond sadness...

Offline Welf VIII.

• Librarian
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »
This.

It actually says a lot about the community - and nothing one should be proud of.

BUT COME ON, GET THOSE MINIATURES; WE WANT TO REACH $55,000