Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:44:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: And I proclaim this place to be known as... Obsession!  (Read 10108 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: And I proclaim this place to be known as... Obsession!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »
Nice work!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »
You best watch your tone...I may have to drag a detachment of cavalry troopers down to Obsession, bringin' a gatlin'....

"Wull *hitching up britches* if ya'll bringin' in the God Damn Army, we law 'bidin' citizens of Obsesshawn will serve ya buckets o' hot lead and Ma Hoffmeister's cold Knackwurst!!!!"  lol lol lol

And to prove we've got the means, here are the newest additions to my slowly growing town.

"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline greatescapegames

• Scientist
    • Great Escape Games
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »
Nice signs!
Publisher of "Clash of Empires" Ancient and Medieval wargaming rules, and "Rules of Engagement", WW2 wargaming in 28mm, at www.greatescapegames.co.uk

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 01:10:23 AM »
Shame we can't get a half dozen of us together and build a town of damn near a hundred structures.  lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 02:14:54 AM »
Combining some of these towns and getting up near the 100 mark would be very cool.
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 03:55:50 AM »
Poor Elbows, he goes and defends Legionnaire after I threaten to attack Obsession and look at how he gets treated!   lol

I be buildin' a town with a hundred or more buildings but they all be scratch built.  (well, I started it but haven't got much done on it lately...hopefully soon)  And, yup, there be photos...

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »
Nicely done set of buildings. Is the spelling mistake supposed to be there?  ;)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »
Combining some of these towns and getting up near the 100 mark would be very cool.

Now that would be a REAL Obsession I'd gladly have  lol. Please send me your buildings!!!  lol

Nicely done set of buildings. Is the spelling mistake supposed to be there?  ;)

It's not a spelling mistake  ;), the owner of the shop thought it'd lend Obsession a certain cosmopolitan flair.  :D

Online has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »
I have seen quite a few signs/notices etc, on photographs of real buildings from the old west, that have spelling mistakes. One even had the letter 'S' in reverse, and no it was not like the famous 'left handed' photo of Billy the Kid where the photo had been developed from using the glass negative the wrong way around.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 07:54:18 PM »
The latest addition to the townscape of Obsession, a house for a respectable citizen  :). The mini is not painted by me, but a guy at the gaming club had it and traded it for a pint  lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »
Proper bartering...I like it!

I'm probably going to buy a couple of the 4Ground American Legends cabins - even if they're a bit out of the era...my next "stage" in building tables is more wilderness boards, and then a Mexican villa eventually.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 10:32:27 PM »
Proper bartering...I like it!
I'm probably going to buy a couple of the 4Ground American Legends cabins - even if they're a bit out of the era...my next "stage" in building tables is more wilderness boards, and then a Mexican villa eventually.

Yup, he doesn't play the old west so it came to a good home.

I have a 4'x4' table and limited storage space, but would like to get maybe 2-3 larger buildings, a livery and maybe that Sarissa hotel... some outhouses and a blacksmith. Scatter terrain and next phase would be to get interior for all those buildings  :D.

Now most furniture I have ideas where to get, but does anyone know where I can get hold of periodic weapon packs (pistols, repeaters, shotguns etc)? I've seen Reaper do one for their Savage Worlds but it comes with hands... Need it for the gunsmith, will try to scratchbuild weapon display cabinets.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
Hmmm...the only one I can recommend off the top of my head is that Perry's do an ACW cavalry box which comes with separate carbines...but that's it.  No idea on the others.

Yeah, I am broke right now, so I'm putting off buying up interiors.  4Ground is pretty good about giving you some minor interior bits when you buy a building, so here's hopin'!  lol  Damn this crack habit.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »
I can do you a number of Henry repeating rifles and some Springfield rifles. Drop me a PM and we can sort something out.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 10:41:28 PM »
Oh, and I feel like I saw a resin of an Old West gun rack somewhere...maybe I'm just inventing things in my mind..hmm... :?