Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:19:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1682885 times)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #11565 on: July 31, 2021, 10:21:42 AM »
They seem to have come down hard on fan made animations.. with changes regards their published guidelines

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Intellectual-Property-Guidelines

not unsurprising with their recent release schedules and new animation stuff coming out?

basically within their traditional approach to business, regards infringements.

Shame to an extent, as on the one hand they have even hired "fan" animators based on their created content.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11566 on: August 03, 2021, 07:57:58 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the newer case foam is kinda crap? I get that the basic square foam may not be one-size-fits-all enough for GWs increasingly outlandish designs, but their weird modual design is a bit half assed.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11567 on: August 16, 2021, 08:37:47 AM »
Being a very casual follower of GW stuff at best, I completely missed Cursed City the brief time it was available... which is a pity, since I really dig the minis I've been seeing lately. I liked Blackstone Fortress too for the minis... not that I've painted them or even played the game once. You know how it goes. Completely lost my painting mojo when Covid hit, I suppose I have no motivation to paint at all, since I've got no-one to paint them for. What we play is online, Fallout 76 & Roll20 for 'tabletop' roleplay etc. Plus I've had to avoid sitting too much due to emobolism in my upper leg... That should be sorted after September, one hopes. :-[

Anyways, not to whine about it, I suppose there's no chance of finding Cursed City somewhere, ebay etc? And even if I did, I suppose the price would be postively supernatural, right? lol

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11568 on: August 16, 2021, 08:45:29 AM »
I'm sure you'd be right about the ridiculous pricing. I hope they do a second run.
Hope your leg gets sorted too :)

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #11569 on: August 17, 2021, 01:20:56 PM »
Anyways, not to whine about it, I suppose there's no chance of finding Cursed City somewhere, ebay etc? And even if I did, I suppose the price would be postively supernatural, right? lol

You can buy all the bad guys, if that is what you're after, from GW I believe. Haven't checked for a little while but you certainly could. They've made an "army box" kinda thing for it as a faction of the Undead ranges.

I expect the good guys will be in a similar box soon. So no need (I hope) to worry or pay ebay prices.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #11570 on: August 17, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »
Yes, I remember seeing the skeletons and zombies for sale in the store; are the characters available separately too?

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #11571 on: August 17, 2021, 04:16:59 PM »
Radukar the Wolf is available by himself, or you can get him and all the other characters in the Radukar's Court box. Both only available online at the moment as far as I can tell.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11572 on: August 18, 2021, 01:35:03 PM »
As irritated as I get with GW, I do like their partworks, mostly because it allows me to puck and choose exactly what I want.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11573 on: August 19, 2021, 02:56:33 PM »
Being a very casual follower of GW stuff at best, I completely missed Cursed City the brief time it was available... which is a pity, since I really dig the minis I've been seeing lately. I liked Blackstone Fortress too for the minis... not that I've painted them or even played the game once. You know how it goes. Completely lost my painting mojo when Covid hit, I suppose I have no motivation to paint at all, since I've got no-one to paint them for. What we play is online, Fallout 76 & Roll20 for 'tabletop' roleplay etc. Plus I've had to avoid sitting too much due to emobolism in my upper leg... That should be sorted after September, one hopes. :-[

Some local game stores still have copies.  There's one at my FLGS, so they're out there- but yes the eBay versions are all around $260+ at the moment.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #11574 on: August 20, 2021, 08:21:17 AM »
Looks like they're releasing a new weekly magazine to get folk into 40K - Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Magazine. Note, this may be UK only just now - link

Suggestions it kicks off next week, not sure about the price

What could be better than learning the fundamentals of the Warhammer hobby in a weekly magazine series? How about getting your very own models with it every week? That’s exactly what you’ll get with Warhammer 40,000: Imperium, launching in the UK in just one week’s time.

This series has everything you need to get started, including an awesome variety of models, paints, and tools in each issue, and tutorials designed for newcomers to the hobby. It’s the perfect way to start or expand your collection.

Pitting Necrons against the forces of the Imperium, subscribers will end up with two sizeable armies over the whole run, as well as scenery and a great foundation for your paint collection. Feast your eyes on all of the models you’ll have once the series is complete.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11575 on: August 21, 2021, 12:03:00 PM »
Just watched the first of the hammer and bolter animations that is up for 24 hours free on warhammer community. It was rather fun, Although the style reminded me more of an intro cinematic than a full cartoon - I see what they were going for but compare it to something like the opening animation to the movie Priest, it falls a little short visually (ALthough that may be unfair, comparing genndy tartakovsky with nameless animation studio #55674) still it was fun enough, some humour, some violence, plenty of orky slang.

Also as a side note, I was told this week by my local GW store manager that they no longer sell greenstuff- at all. so...yeah, kind of annoying.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #11576 on: August 21, 2021, 12:36:21 PM »
Also as a side note, I was told this week by my local GW store manager that they no longer sell greenstuff- at all. so...yeah, kind of annoying.

If it's any consolation, you can get it in bigger quantities for less online.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #11577 on: August 21, 2021, 01:12:10 PM »
Looks like they're releasing a new weekly magazine to get folk into 40K - Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Magazine. Note, this may be UK only just now - link

Suggestions it kicks off next week, not sure about the price

Around the 25th of August I believe (£8.99 an issue after the first couple of magazines). I'm already signed up. I haven't really kept up with 40k in recent times but it looks like you quite get a lot of stuff for your money with the magazine if you stick out all the issues. I should get four issues a month so I'm thinking one week a month I'll have a GW painting week to slowly build up a collection of new 40k models.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11578 on: August 21, 2021, 01:20:12 PM »
If it's any consolation, you can get it in bigger quantities for less online.

Of course, but it's still an inconvenience, and one that might discourage young hobbyists picking up sculpting.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11579 on: August 21, 2021, 05:28:54 PM »
Oof.  Tried to watch the free preview on Warhammer Community.  That animation was...dreadful.  More like a promo-video for a Kickstarter for a small company, or an intro video for a Mobile App game, etc.

Not the video I would have led with as an "example" of what can be had with the subscription. Pretty dire stuff.