Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:06:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690586
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Adeptus Arbites  (Read 13384 times)

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
Re: Adeptus Arbites
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 11:58:08 AM »
Lovely, any chance of an backshot of the arbites

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »
Very nice work on these :) (especially the Arvus... very fitting).

So people still want to get hold of these arbites?

I have the judge, a grenade launcher trooper and three shotgun troopers (badly painted) that I could be persuaded to part with...

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »
Awesome and inspiring work there!  8)

You've made me remember that I have an Arbites project lounging on a shelf somewhere as well...  ::) Mine were intended to be used as a game master's force in games of Necromunda, so that's why I've followed the Outlanders rules for the composition of my Arbites squads.

I've got two squads of five, one with shotguns and one with riot shields and stun batons. The last ones are conversions of shotgun troopers btw and there's a Proctor in each squad. Maybe now I might get me a Bolter squad as well.

And to top it off, I also have a Chimera conversion (finished, but the paintjob stalled just over the halfway point), for which I seem to have used the very same wheels you have!  :o

Now I will have to give it a black Adeptus Arbites repaint too; thanks a lot...  ;D

Keep it up; it's great to see an actual army being built with these badge bearing badasses.  :)

+++EDIT+++ Just checked, and the rules for Arbites are in Battles In The Underhive instead of Outlanders...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:42:41 PM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 09:27:03 PM »
Very cool!

I have at least sixty Arbites and Necromunda Enforcers, all variants, plus a few wheeled APCs waiting for paint.  :'( So little time...
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »
Very cool!

I have at least sixty Arbites and Necromunda Enforcers, all variants, plus a few wheeled APCs waiting for paint.  :'( So little time...
feel you dude.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »
I am thinking that now I need some futuristic civilians and modern rioters. When properly converted, they would assemble a nice mob, not just a Necromunda gang (other people do that, I want different things! ;D).

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
Great stuff, I particularly like the number plate.  8)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 05:10:18 PM »
Excellent stuff. Especially the chimera and arvus. This is what it's all about. :)

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 08:17:04 PM »
Thanks, guys :)

I'm going ahead with the rioters idea and I would like to ask you for advice. I don't want a typical gang, nor Necromunda style nor Chaos cultists or whatsoever. I would like to explore a concept different that any idea of "balanced" combat where everyone uses firearms and that stuff. So I'd rather depict just plain citizens going crazy and challenging the Arbites with sticks and slingshots. What could I use for that?

Offensive miniatures has exactly what I am looking for... but different ambientation, I'm afraid:

http://www.offensiveminiatures.com/catalogue.asp?RID=7&CID=3#

Of course those would need quite extensive indeed work of conversion, enough to challenge any small sanity remaining in my head o_o

So what other choices do I have? I believe Mirliton or Copplestone are the ones which are closer to what I'm looking for then, raggedy guys with light weapons, but I'm truly afraid of having some kind of Necromundish gang in the end. I have the same feeling about some other post-apoc minis (I have found some wonderful minis like the Eden range, but unfortunately slightly out of my budget for this tiny crazyness I am aiming for)

Should I dare to heavily convert the modern rioters by Offensive Miniatures (trying for some kinda Blanchitsu style -no idea of how to face a project like that-) and combine them with some Mirliton/Copplestone/etc.? Do you know of anyone producing something even remotely close to what I am looking for? I am not scared of converting, but I try not to work idly if there is any obvious solution out there ;).

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
Do you know of anyone producing something even remotely close to what I am looking for?

I'm not even sure what you're looking for. ;D What's the 'different ambientation' you want? More futuristic? More 40K/Dreddish?

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 08:24:36 PM »
I have a bunch of civilians stored away too, for fighting my vaporArbites. I have the old Void (now Urban War) militia as well as forty or so GW Frateris Militia figures. Sadly the latter are expensive and relatively hard to find, especially compared to their function on the table.

http://www.myriadminiatures.com/store-ecwid.php?langs=en&a=urbanwarthegame.com#!/~/category/id=3789374&offset=0&sort=normal

That link doesn't appear to go right where it should- look for Urban War/Blisters/Militia.

I used Empire plastic bodies (archers I think?) armed with lasguns for my low intensity conflict alien worshippers:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:32:15 PM by Dr Mathias »

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 08:51:31 PM »
I'm not even sure what you're looking for. ;D What's the 'different ambientation' you want? More futuristic? More 40K/Dreddish?

Oh, my bad. Sorry, I am looking for anything that could pass for a rioter in a 40k-ish ambientation, to challenge my Arbites. So the ideal thing should be the Offensive Miniatures guys I posted before, but dressed by John Blanche (well, any 40K/futuristic clothes will do, I believe ;D)

Thanks, Dr. Mathias, I'm having a look at the link and there appear to be some nice minis. Also love what you did there! :-*

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »
Love the 40k alien loving heretics dude!
Mix in a few with Tue equipment and you have an Xeons supported insurgency.

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »

raggedy guys with light weapons, but I'm truly afraid of having some kind of Necromundish gang in the end. I have the same feeling about some other post-apoc minis (I have found some wonderful minis like the Eden range, but unfortunately slightly out of my budget for this tiny crazyness I am aiming for)

Victory Force has some nice Minis in their Redd Reddan Range,i painted these Guys as Governor's Soldiers for a Battle of the Planet of the Apes Project  :)Chainsaw Guy is from RAFM modern Heroes  ;)

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:38 PM »
Exellent work with those Arbites. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/