Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:10:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: EotD ornithopter, Steam-Gyrocopter , someone can give an advice-make a review ?  (Read 4119 times)

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
as said in the tittle .
i have buy some EotD figs, some are nice, some less . I have read a lot of thinks about the hasom cab  ... and i have in mind the f***ing dixon stagecoach .

I don't want to buy those little peaces of steam flying machines just on a pic .

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:39:48 PM by lou passejaire »
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
What 'little pieces of steam flying machines just on a pic' do you mean? Do you have a link to the pic?
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Another option is the Mattel gyrocopter that was marketed with the movie Atlantis the Lost Empire.  I got a broken one and repaired it and added the Eureka 28mm hansom cab driver for its pilot.  I don't really know how difficult that toy is to find or how expensive the toy is, but I think its a nice piece of work.  You can see my gyrocopter in pics 112 and 113 at www.warin15mm.com/Victorian-Gallery.html

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
I think the OP is asking for pictures/reviews of the Westwind Ornithopter or gyro copter.

I can only find line drawings of the ornithopter.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:52:56 AM by muncehead »
Have fun storming the castle! ...and that really isn't me you know...

Gothic Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55943.0 - although on pause atm as too much RL stuff getting in the way.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Another option is the Mattel gyrocopter that was marketed with the movie Atlantis the Lost Empire.  I got a broken one and repaired it and added the Eureka 28mm hansom cab driver for its pilot.  I don't really know how difficult that toy is to find or how expensive the toy is, but I think its a nice piece of work.  You can see my gyrocopter in pics 112 and 113 at www.warin15mm.com/Victorian-Gallery.html

You have the most beautiful tables I have ever seen.  I cannot tell you how much jealousy burns in my blood when I look at your pictures!  Just magnificent!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
I think the OP is asking for pictures/reviews of the Westwind Ornithopter or gyro copter.

yes  ;)

War In 15MM n you are a God !

but i'm looking for something easy to build . i'm not so talented .  :'( ( and working on a low budget  ;) )

so no one here has buy the EotD ornithopter or the steam-gyrocopter and can post a pic, even unassembled and unpainted ?

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Too Bo Coo and lou, my god thank you for the extremely generous words about my collections.  Much appreciated.  As to my gyrocopter, I threw the suggestion out there because I got mine for only $1 at the swap meet and the repairs and modifications only amounted to cutting a few circles out of plastic to replace some missing wheels and moving the driving stick to the center of the pilot area.  Not hard.  Anyway, thanks again for your very kind words, and good luck with your search.  Richard

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
i'm thinking of the libelle from tobsen77 as a count as ...

i was quite disappointed with the EOTD Lady Luck ...

so ...

Offline MikeH

• Bookworm
Hi Lou

I've been assembling and painting a few of the new vehicles by Westwind and have some pictures on my Google+ page

hopefully this link will work

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MichaelHobbs17

in short though

The hansom cab as fairly simple to build and paint up, although I did have to cut away the horses base and pin the legs to attach it to a base

The archi legs for the Hansom cab were a pain to assemble due to no instructions but I worked out a method after a lot of trial and error, again I had to pin the legs but it worked out lovely in the end and is one of my favourite models in the range

the Exoskeleton went together beautifully and was fun to paint up

likewise with the Gyrocopter, very easy to assemble and fun to paint

for your info each figure comes with at least 4 head variants so you have plenty of choice when building them

I'm now looking at the rest of the vehicles will post pics once I finish them

all the best

Mike

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
thanks a lot  ;) , waiting for the ornithpoter pics, before ordering .

Offline MikeH

• Bookworm
I did see the blister in my local game store and it looks like a nice model and very close to the concept art

the wings are etched clear plastic though

I'll probably pick it up this week and will post a pic on my Google+ page once I've assembled it