Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 8 - General Discussion  (Read 77633 times)

Offline Frank

• LPL Champion (S5,S8) Bronze Medalist (S6)
  • Mad Scientist
    • My TableTop Blog
Re: The Lead Painters League Season 8 - General Discussion
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:31 AM »
I am really pleased that this year it is possible for me to participate in the competition. Every year I am very busy until the end of February preparing the TACTICA convention. This leaves just three weeks to prepare myself to the LPL. Luckily I have been able to complete my first three pictures.

But now I look forward to your great contributions and hope to see many inspiring things. :-*

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2014, 08:55:27 AM »
Welcome back Frank  :)

Well folks (and you know who you are ...), where have you all been last year when only the bravest stood their ground and competed in LPL7? Lame excuses all over all ...  8)

lol

Fair enough Michael...  ;)

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
Yes!  Welcome back Frank...your entries are always a pleasure to behold.

Great...I'll submit tonight and it looks like there is still space for me on the roster.  I'm gone for a long weekend...but hope to follow the action on Sunday remotely.  Then back home to dive into teams 4 and 5.

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »
Just had to check all my entry photos for the backgrounds
Missed the rule about the background and did ALL my entry photos with one but to get under the 500kb the photos were cut down and it wasn't visible anymore.
I was lucky  :D
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Online mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »
I look forward to being a small speed bump in other's paths to greatness!  :D

It isn't so bad...the life of a speed bump in LPL. Just competing with greats like Frank (welcome back!) is an honor!

Mike Demana

Offline khartoum2

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2014, 11:40:26 PM »
Well 3 rounds in just hope the pictures pass muster as I had to reduce the size and not sure if it worked >:(

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2014, 06:02:31 AM »
I have rounds 4 and 6 just about finished and ready for photos. Round 7 is coming along nicely, too.

It would be nice if my Round 5 figures were to arrive. Surprisingly, I have NO ancients. Oldest stuff I have is Pike and Shotte.

Oh! Would sword armed Bedouin camelry count? Sure, I got them for colonials, but really, did they change that much from the ancients?
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
First time for me, just submitted my first three rounds. Got the bulk of a further round painted and a few odd figures here and there that I will hopefully finish off. Some of my later rounds still to be collected by a friend from Salute!

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2014, 01:48:22 PM »
I have rounds 4 and 6 just about finished and ready for photos. Round 7 is coming along nicely, too.

It would be nice if my Round 5 figures were to arrive. Surprisingly, I have NO ancients. Oldest stuff I have is Pike and Shotte.

Oh! Would sword armed Bedouin camelry count? Sure, I got them for colonials, but really, did they change that much from the ancients?

I'm in same boat for round 10. Dont game WWI at all. Looking at doing some Arab revolt figs a la El Aurens. Can then use them for pulp. Have some foundry figs, but also considering the line from Artizan. They are very nice.

Best to send a pm to Prof re your question... Probably depends on look of figs , any "modern" accessories, etc. With the limit being far side of dark ages, IMO bedouin are probably a stretch...

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »
I'm in same boat for round 10. Dont game WWI at all. Looking at doing some Arab revolt figs a la El Aurens. Can then use them for pulp. Have some foundry figs, but also considering the line from Artizan. They are very nice.

Best to send a pm to Prof re your question... Probably depends on look of figs , any "modern" accessories, etc. With the limit being far side of dark ages, IMO bedouin are probably a stretch...

Brilliant minds think alike! I just finished taking pictures of my El Aurens Arab Revolt for LPL8 figs last week! Can you guess what my 'big thing' is?!? I'm looking forward to seeing your entry!

Thanks
n.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »
Brilliant minds think alike! I just finished taking pictures of my El Aurens Arab Revolt for LPL8 figs last week! Can you guess what my 'big thing' is?!? I'm looking forward to seeing your entry!

Thanks
n.

Too funny...

I've been considering what to about The Big Thing.

May have to hit the ToysRUs soon... I missed going to a local model train show earlier this month... Would have had my choice of Big Things there... :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

I think it's a little bit over the top.

Newly updated list:

1. Frank
2. Hu Rhu
3. Orctrader
4. Strutter
5. gnomehome
6. Captain Blood
7. GemGames
8. Thargor
9. Steam Flunky
10. Calimero
11. Pacarat
12. Hammers
13. Michi
14. Prof.Witchheimer
15. stevedaccs
16. CPT Shanks
17. Broonkah
18. wolfie907
19. Hubbynz
20. ollv
21. XCIV
22. Darth Jaymz
23. mikedemana
24. Bobbo
25. Ron_bresnen
26. tsar1701
27. Nord
28. Neldoreth
29. Blue in VT
30. Kartoum2

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2014, 07:32:18 PM »
Please forgive my ignorance, I've been off the various fora for a while until relatively recently, so how do I join the league and when does it start (assuming that it hasn't already)?  :)

Darrell.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »
Please forgive my ignorance, I've been off the various fora for a while until relatively recently, so how do I join the league and when does it start (assuming that it hasn't already)?  :)

Darrell.

Darrell, short version - you need 15 newly painted or previously unpublished figures to be qualified for the League. The League is going to start coming Sunday. Here are the rules (longer version) you would need to read them:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63100.0

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2014, 07:39:13 PM »
Darrell, short version - you need 15 newly painted or previously unpublished figures to be qualified for the League. The League is going to start coming Sunday. Here are the rules (longer version) you would need to read them:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63100.0

Thanks, I'll do just that and let you know via PM?

Darrell.